ROC theme support

Jimmy

leedavies

Thanks lee, the only thing is odd is i get popup windows from Crystal  in tv series when i'm in detail page and back to season.

Popup windows?  Can you post a screenshot to show what's happening?  Thanks!

Here is the picture (sorry for poor quality).

I dont know if i correct translated to you by saying popup window but i thing now it's clear.

IMAG00921.jpg

leedavies

Here is the picture (sorry for poor quality).

I dont know if i correct translated to you by saying popup window but i thing now it's clear.

IMAG00921.jpg

Ok, I see what's happening.

Your active theme is ROC and it's working fine.  You have Crystal installed and it looks like you've got the "enable background media in all themes" feature turned on in Crystal's settings.  But your Crystal trial has expired and that popup message appears because Crystal has found a background video or theme music it could play, but you are outside your free trial and don't have a licence for Crystal, so rather than background videos just suddenly no longer working, that popup message appears.

If you go into the MBC settings page, go to the Crystal tab and turn off the "play background media in all themes" and that message won't appear any more.

Or another option would be to buy a licence for Crystal....  :-)

Nick's MCE

Thanks for taking the time to post the screen shots etc, really appreciate it. You obviously understand how frustrating these small problems can be. What you posted is exactly what I have done, I will play some more and see what comes of it.

Thanks

Nick

Lee if you read this, any ideas on the backdrops on my EHS, I just can't get them to load.

leedavies

Thanks for taking the time to post the screen shots etc, really appreciate it. You obviously understand how frustrating these small problems can be. What you posted is exactly what I have done, I will play some more and see what comes of it.

Thanks

Nick

Lee if you read this, any ideas on the backdrops on my EHS, I just can't get them to load.

This is a screengrab of how I've got EHS backdrops and clearart set up on my MB3/MBC installation and it's working fine:

528e69d3b808e_MB3EHSCollectionBackdrops.

You need to create a folder with the same name as the collection you want to customize EHS images for in your %APPDATA%\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\General folder.

No special permissions or hidden/system attributes etc needed - just drop a backdrop or clearart image in a collection-named folder, just as you would any other folder. 

You will need to quit MBC and start it up again before the images will appear.  A manual refresh might do it - not sure, but the exit/rerun trick should do the job for you.

Any problems or questions, shout...

Hi Lee,

Help! I'm dead in the water. I can't start MB Classic if Roc is installed, all of a sudden. Server is up to date as of this moment, as is MB Classic.

On starting Media Browser Classic, I get to the opening MBC screen (where it shows "Welcome Back <username>" on one left and Media Browser Classic on the right). After a couple seconds there I get the dreaded "Unable to start Media Browser"

This is with the latest 1.0.8.2 ROC. If I roll back to 1.0.8.0, I can open Media Browser Classic, but as soon as I got into my \Documentaries\Planet Earth\ (or any second level tier) I get the error again.

Uninstalling ROC brings me back to the regular default theme, which works fine.

Here's a representative error log... I hope this is a useful one... lots of logs in there!

Please advise on how to clear up the problem. Thanks.

Marc

MBClassic-211120130d25a2657e02466fae7f7e539fb2907c.log

GrotShot

Hi Lee,

Help! I'm dead in the water. I can't start MB Classic if Roc is installed, all of a sudden. Server is up to date as of this moment, as is MB Classic.

On starting Media Browser Classic, I get to the opening MBC screen (where it shows "Welcome Back <username>" on one left and Media Browser Classic on the right). After a couple seconds there I get the dreaded "Unable to start Media Browser"

This is with the latest 1.0.8.2 ROC. If I roll back to 1.0.8.0, I can open Media Browser Classic, but as soon as I got into my \Documentaries\Planet Earth\ (or any second level tier) I get the error again.

Here's a representative error log... I hope this is a useful one... lots of logs in there!

Marc

This has been reported over the last week and a beta version of ROC is being tested. Lee will release an update soon.

GrotShot

You need to create a folder with the same name as the collection you want to customize EHS images for in your %APPDATA%\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\General folder.

No special permissions or hidden/system attributes etc needed - just drop a backdrop or clearart image in a collection-named folder, just as you would any other folder.

You will need to quit MBC and start it up again before the images will appear. A manual refresh might do it - not sure, but the exit/rerun trick should do the job for you.

Any problems or questions, shout...

I had a single backdrop in General that displayed behind all collections in MB2 using Chocolate but couldn't get this to work with MB3 and ROC which is why I loaded it as the default collections backdrop. Not sure if it was me or that the means of doing that changed.

Edited by GrotShot

Nick's MCE

Hi Lee

Thanks for the info and screenshots, I have taken a screenshot of where I put the backdrop but can't even work out how to upload it when doing a quote, don't laugh, not really that dumb just having some mental issues with this. Anyway I put the backdrop there and shut down everything and re-booted the computer and re-scanned etc. and still nothing. I put it c/user/nick's_MCE-2/appdata/roaming/mediabrowser-server/imagesbyname/general/movies.

Hi Lee,

Marc

Install previous version (1.0.8.0) or add Crystal theme (no need to buy it, just install beside)

Great job Lee!

So far, so good. Seems to be working fine.

Any idea how long before expanded weather info will be available on the EHS?

Meanwhile, loving ROC!

Nick's MCE

Hi

I am having a problem with changing the view in Box sets and series', see below.

EHS

Box sets' - 100 box sets

Collection - ie; Batman with 3 movies. When I change the view at this level it only changes for this box set and not for the other 99 box sets'.

Is this the way it is and do I need to go through he other 99 box sets' and change the view.

Thanks in advance for help!

Nick's MCE

Thanks again for the help with the backdrops on EHS, I still can't get it to work, I can get the clear art to show up on the tiles just not the backdrops. I have tried changing the from JPG to PNG, I tried changing the files sizes, I've done it through the Server and also as LEE suggested manually creating the files.

Funny thing is when I manually create the files and put the backdrops in there on C/ they show up in the server and vise versa, just not on the EHS, really got me stumped.

Next option is to un-install MB and the Server and do a fresh install, then I will load the backdrops as my first step, let's see.

My other question about this is regarding the plug-in tiles, where would you load the backdrop for them and also for the clearart??.

gutterpunk13

Thanks again for the help with the backdrops on EHS, I still can't get it to work, I can get the clear art to show up on the tiles just not the backdrops. I have tried changing the from JPG to PNG, I tried changing the files sizes, I've done it through the Server and also as LEE suggested manually creating the files.

Funny thing is when I manually create the files and put the backdrops in there on C/ they show up in the server and vise versa, just not on the EHS, really got me stumped.

Next option is to un-install MB and the Server and do a fresh install, then I will load the backdrops as my first step, let's see.

My other question about this is regarding the plug-in tiles, where would you load the backdrop for them and also for the clearart??.

I had an issue where my backdrops would not load after an update.I went into settings in MBC and in the "theme options" tab I checked off "show fan art on views" and they came back.

I also have "show initial folder background" and "show theme background" checked. But they only returned when I checked off the fan art option.

Hope this helps.

Edited by gutterpunk13

During the transitions of the backdrops for a split second I see my theme background. Shouldn't the backdrops fade into each other without seeing the theme background?

leedavies

During the transitions of the backdrops for a split second I see my theme background. Shouldn't the backdrops fade into each other without seeing the theme background?

Transitions of which backdrops?  The ones on the EHS when you select a tile or the backdrops in a collection after clicking a tile on the EHS?

Transitions of which backdrops?  The ones on the EHS when you select a tile or the backdrops in a collection after clicking a tile on the EHS?

In the collections. EHS is fine.

Nick's MCE

Lee and Grotshot

Thanks all for the help with the backdrop thingy, basically the problem was me.

I had installed the server but not Media Browser Classic, I was only running MB2. I have now loaded MBC and most of my issues have been solved.

Now that I have it working and backdrops and clearart showing up on the EHS I have a couple of questions.

Where can I put the backdrop and clearart for the built in folders like Music Albums - Movies by Genre - Music by Genre etc.

In the Server when editing the folders and uploading the backdrops the first folder/ Tab is "Default". If I upload a backdrop here where should it show up??.

In the server the are 2 options when uploading images for the folders, Backdrop and Primary. What is Primary for? and where does this show up.??

In MB2 there were plugins like Upcoming TV and Upcoming Movies, are they now obsolete??

Trackt used to show up as a folder, is that now gone???

Thanks again

GrotShot

Nick

Well after a few days with the media pc off, I've switched it on today, done server, ROC etc updates and now my EHS backdrop isn't working!! :o I give up. As for your questions, I'd like to know the answers too as there doesn't seem to be much explanation or guidance on what half of the options are in the server.

mariors44

Nick's MCE

You would use Images By Name folder just like MB2.

1. On your computer enable hidden files and folder option.

2. location of IBN folder is in MediaBrowser-Server folder. C:/Users/your name/Appdata/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Server/ ImagesByName. There you can add your folders, backdrops, image folder and so on

just make sure you label them as you see them on the server.

hope this help.

GrotShot

Lee,

Since the last ROC update my EHS backdrop has stopped showing in ROC although shows in Chocolate if I swap themes. It is a background.jpg which is in IBN\General. Can you confirm that this should be picked up with ROC please.

In thumb view can the logos on the left be (optional) centered instead of aligned to the right? With smaller logos it looks a little silly now.

leedavies

In thumb view can the logos on the left be (optional) centered instead of aligned to the right? With smaller logos it looks a little silly now.

There's an option in the view settings to have the scroller curved or straight - images are right-aligned in both.  Next time there's any maintenance going in thumb view, I'll look at either changing the vertical mode alignment to be centered, or adding an option to choose the alignment.

Please submit a feature request.

• Like 1