ROC theme support

Jimmy

aspdend

Me too I'm afraid getting the "Unable to start Media Browser" issue when updating to 1.0.8.2 so had to uninstall the latest update for ROC to work...

leedavies

Lee - I've added a backdrop.jpg into the default collection on the server. I've noticed that this does not load when MBC is started but only when you move off the initial collection tile. It then displays correctly after this when navigating tiles.

This is fixed in 1.0.8.5

Testing ROC 1.0.8.5B 1 right now.

The error is gone and ROC starts again.

I noticed that all my display settings were reset again and there is a folder called skins made in The ROC plugins folder. In here come all the display settings like NEO also used to store them. One thing I don't like about this is that I have to do all my display settings for each serie and movie in my database. If I select backdropthumb disable It used to be disabled for that whole EHS item.

I would like that to be standard behaviour if possible for each selectable item. This will save me a lot of work.

Can't it just take over the display settings I use now where ever they are stored in the previous version?

Edited by heula

Can we have options for enabling and disabling things in posterview for season folders? There is not much there right now.

ROC%20no%20backdropthumb%20disable%20opt

Nick's MCE

Lee

I understand you are working on the next update for ROC and am going to come back to something I asked about before. This is the backdrop for the initial folder backdrop on the EHS, in particular the spiraling blue star trek backdrop.

Now bearing in mind I am using the dark option in ROC which I really like, which is the combo black and yellow icons etc, well the blue spiraling backdrop on the EHS just doen't match the theme.

OK, I understand I can turn it off but then I am left with the glass overlay which looks weird on its own. Is there anyway I can replace the blue spiraling backdrop or is it embedded.

Maybe there could be some backdrop options for the IFB, this way you could change it to suit the Dark and Light Options or any custom theme that we created.

Should I put this in the feature requests>

mboehler

Lee

I understand you are working on the next update for ROC and am going to come back to something I asked about before. This is the backdrop for the initial folder backdrop on the EHS, in particular the spiraling blue star trek backdrop.

Now bearing in mind I am using the dark option in ROC which I really like, which is the combo black and yellow icons etc, well the blue spiraling backdrop on the EHS just doen't match the theme.

OK, I understand I can turn it off but then I am left with the glass overlay which looks weird on its own. Is there anyway I can replace the blue spiraling backdrop or is it embedded.

Maybe there could be some backdrop options for the IFB, this way you could change it to suit the Dark and Light Options or any custom theme that we created.

Should I put this in the feature requests>

I have the opposite problem than you do.  I actually like the spiraling star pattern, but on mine it keeps getting overwritten by my collection backdrops.  The only "collection" it doesn't do it for is Favorites, and I'm sure that's because I don't have a backdrop for it.

The skins folder has always been there and nothing has changed in that area.

This is a beta release and yes the mechanism for storing per-folder settings has changed to move away from lots of files on-disk to instead using the feature that the MediaBrowser core API provides for a theme to store extra "settings and stuff".

As for view settings being inherited folders, I believe that is the way things work. Unless you've already set custom view settings for a subfolder, in which case changing settings at a higher level will be ignored by a subfolder with its own custom settings.

Should the display settings work the same as in the previous versions? For now if I set all items in the view settings itvwill be choosen for all folders at the same level in that ehs item. Same for the second level.

Now with this beta I have to set every level in each serie. Is this correct or should it take over the setting from first setup?

Edited by heula

Nick's MCE

Hi and thanks for the heads up on your issue, this may lead me to resolving mine. Where are you storing the backdrops which are overwriting the blue spiraling backdrop and are there any special things I need to check in the configurator or server.

leedavies

Testing ROC 1.0.8.5B 1 right now.

The error is gone and ROC starts again.

I noticed that all my display settings were reset again and there is a folder called skins made in The ROC plugins folder. In here come all the display settings like NEO also used to store them. One thing I don't like about this is that I have to do all my display settings for each serie and movie in my database. If I select backdropthumb disable It used to be disabled for that whole EHS item.

I would like that to be standard behaviour if possible for each selectable item. This will save me a lot of work.

The skins folder has always been there and nothing has changed in that area.

This is a beta release and yes the mechanism for storing per-folder settings has changed to move away from lots of files on-disk to instead using the feature that the MediaBrowser core API provides for a theme to store extra "settings and stuff".

As for view settings being inherited folders, I believe that is the way things work.  Unless you've already set custom view settings for a subfolder, in which case changing settings at a higher level will be ignored by a subfolder with its own custom settings.

leedavies

Should the display settings work the same as in the previous versions? For now if I set all items in the view settings itvwill be choosen for all folders at the same level in that ehs item. Same for the second level.

Now with this beta I have to set every level in each serie. Is this correct or should it take over the setting from first setup?

I don't have the definitive answer on this one.  I'll defer to @@ebr on how view syncing/inheritance works...

Can you give specific examples?  Display prefs are saved by type except for generic folders.  So, all Seasons should be the same, all Series should be the same, etc.  But generic folders will have to be set individually.

Can you give specific examples?  Display prefs are saved by type except for generic folders.  So, all Seasons should be the same, all Series should be the same, etc.  But generic folders will have to be set individually.

Okay,

In my EHS I select Series Alex.

ROC%201.0.8.5B%20Display%20settings%20is

Then I have to re-set all my settings. Normally these settings were for the whole EHS Series Alex for that level (series thumb view)

The I select a random serie and go to view settings again and have to re-set these view settings too. When done normally all these settings were for all series at that level (episode thumb view)

Now when I select another random serie these settings I just made are not taken over for the rest and need to that with every serie in my database.

In version 1.0.8.0 and earlier I just had to set every view setting for series, episode and season level once and the whole EHS item was done. That's how I like to keep it.

Why can't the new version just take over my current settings?

Nick's MCE

Hi

I am having the same trouble, in my boxset collection I have about 100 sets. If I change the view inside a from poster to thumb strip this does not carry to the other 99 boxsets. In the previous version it would change them all.

Am I doing something wrong.

Nick's MCE

Lee

Can you tell me where to put the backdrops to show up on the EHS as I scroll the folders.

Thanks

Nick

With missing and unaired items enabled the focus is not always on the first unplayed item. Sometimes after opening a serie an unaired or other episode then the first unplayed is selected at first.

Can the focus be always on the first unplayed item please.

Edited by heula

Lee, after weekends offer with crystal and roc i have installed along with roc, crystal theme and i didn't have any issue in login screen with roc, BUT after i uninstal crystal's trial and try again to login with Roc i get the same message i get before install Crystal.

Of course after several attempts i finaly get in.

So, i think it has something to do which is relative to both themes.

GrotShot

Lee

Can you tell me where to put the backdrops to show up on the EHS as I scroll the folders.

Thanks

Nick

Upload the backdrops using the Server. Browse your collection, press Edit, then Images and upload an image and set it as Background.

leedavies

There is an accidetal dependency on Crystal in the current release of ROC. Just keep Crystal installed for now and you'll be fine. Crystal doesn't need to be licenced, it just needs to ben installed.

Updates to both themes going live shortly.

Nick's MCE

Hi

Thanks for the info about the backdrops, I tried loading into the server and it never showed up on the theme. I will try again and then re-boot the server and re-scan and re-launch etc and see what happens

GrotShot

Hi

Thanks for the info about the backdrops, I tried loading into the server and it never showed up on the theme. I will try again and then re-boot the server and re-scan and re-launch etc and see what happens

I do seem to remember that a server restart is required and a scan.

Nick's MCE

Hi again

Ok, I have tried everything and just cannot get any images to load on the EHS as I scroll. I have re-booted and re-loaded everything a dozen times, there must be something I am missing.

Do I need to turn of the backdrop on the EHS?

GrotShot

Nick's MCE -

This is where I've uploaded the EHS background image:

EHS%20Backdrop.jpg

These are my options in MBC:

MBC%20Theme%20Options.jpg

And this is what I see in ROC:

ROC%20EHS%20with%20Background.jpg

Edited by GrotShot

There is an accidetal dependency on Crystal in the current release of ROC. Just keep Crystal installed for now and you'll be fine. Crystal doesn't need to be licenced, it just needs to ben installed.

Updates to both themes going live shortly.

Thanks lee, the only thing is odd is i get popup windows from Crystal  in tv series when i'm in detail page and back to season.