ROC theme support

Jimmy

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a silly question or not but Lee, myself and others were working on some issues with ROC in the CT. Can that discussion be copied and recreated here or will we need to effectively start again? Starting again or trying to work from the old CT thread would be a pain...

• Like 1

aspdend

The latest update is a real improvement again Lee, everything runs much more quickly and smoother than before!  Keep up the good work  :D

• Like 2

Glad to hear it Roc'd your world

This is only one of the things that Media browser community makes your life better ;)

Edited by Jimmy

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a silly question or not but Lee, myself and others were working on some issues with ROC in the CT. Can that discussion be copied and recreated here or will we need to effectively start again? Starting again or trying to work from the old CT thread would be a pain...

You can pick the discussion back up by creating a thread in the Plug-ins Support forum.

leedavies

You can pick the discussion back up by creating a thread in the Plug-ins Support forum.

I'm about to pull across the active discussions from the old forums, but do feel free to beat me to it, cos then I'll get on with this new ROC build that I'm about to send a few of you a beta download link for.

In this new build, scrollers don't hang in MBC in all tests here so far.  Jordy and DigiTM - your tests on image sizes got me thinking and whilst nothing to do with image size in terms of bytes, the cause of the hangs was indeed related to images, but nothing to do with their size in terms of bytes.  All will become clear soon.  :-)

BTW you can now set scroller speeds in ROC (and, soon, in Crystal too) to one of the following....

Slow

Medium

Fast

Very Fast

Insane

And I really do mean insane.  :-)

• Like 1

Popeye2468

I absolutely love this theme and was really hoping that you would implement a feature request for me

I would like to be able to have the trailer play in the detail (description) box, would also like the option to select the playing trailer to have it go to full screen

Thanks

Edited by Popeye2468

leedavies

Actually, where should we be posting "threads" on a particular issue in say ROC?  In the old forums, there was just a single ROC thread with everything in it.

Is it best practice in these new forums to continue the same way, in just this one thread?

Or should we be creating one new post/discussion/thread in the Plugins support section?

What's the expect difference between this ROC thread and any ROC thread in the Plugins support section?

yeah. I'll second that. It's really annoying having to restart when it happens out of the blue.

leedavies

COPIED OVER FROM OLD FORUMS - ORIGINALLY POSTED BY HEULA

This is How I like to see the EHS screen.

• Backdrops in the EHS screen taken from the series folders from the selected EHS item. (Should be in the next update according to leedavies)

• Use thumb.jpg or folder.jpg in the collection EHS or make that an option.

• Make the place of the EHS items configurable for up and down. I would like them as low as possible to have the best view for EHS backdrops.

• 5257d0f80104c_ROC20feature20EHS.jpg

leedavies

Lee. Some screenies of working and not working sizes.

Original Size freezes here. (12 covers showing)

Original%20Size.jpg

One size larger freezes here. (10x covers showing)

One%20step%20smaller%20works.jpg

One size smaller works fine. (14x covers showing) I can scroll as fast as I can without a lockup.

One%20step%20smaller%20works.jpg

Also is it possible to add a Logo or name to the TV show for unwatched in this view? It’s currently like a mystery prize :) And possible to remove the underscore up the top “TV Series_RecentlyAdded” to “TV Series Recently Added”

Recently%20added%20no%20series%20title.j

leedavies

POST COPIED FROM OLD FORUMS - ORIGIALLY POSTED BY MARIORS44

Lee, version 1.0.1.2 thanks for the trail run. Everything looks brighter and good. Glad to see you can use custom ratings (color) helps a lot. The over all speed of navigation is very good

Here are some things I noticed right a way.

1 backdrops are taking a little to long to load.

2 movie description still a little hard to read with certain backdrops (light theme) only.

3 trailer tab: if you going to have trailers auto play, maybe show them in full screen when playing or have them stop playing once you move to a different tap, the way it is now if you go to a different tab and the trailer playing in the background it’s a little distracting in (my opinion). Also if you navigate back to the trailer tab while the trailer is playing the trailer will start over, I don’t know if is a bug or by design.

4 music folders: once you enter a artist folder backdrops do not rotate.

5 folder logos could be a little smaller, overlaps backdrops and in some views and makes them look like they are misalign. (my option).

6 In detail view no MPAA icons show up.

Will update if I fined anything else.

Both themes ROC and Crystal are coming along nicely keep it up.

• Like 1

GrotShot

Lee - having had the family decide on the Thumb View we've noticed that there doesn't appear to be a Watched indicator in this view. Is this correct and if so could it be added? The film below has been watched.

Missing%20Watched.jpg

leedavies

Lee - having had the family decide on the Thumb View we've noticed that there doesn't appear to be a Watched indicator in this view. Is this correct and if so could it be added? The film below has been watched.

Missing%20Watched.jpg

Yes that's true when the ClearLOGO is shown in the list. If a movie cover or season poster/cover or episode image are shown, the standard new/watched/unwatched indicators from all the other normal cover type view are shown. But for a ClearLOGO which is rarely a rectangular shape so it's hard to know where to put any of the indicators shown on a cover cos the logo probably has no corners etc. even straight edges could be a rare thing!

So we just chose not to display them on top of a ClearLOGO for the first release of the new thumb view. Any ideas on where the watched/unwatched indicators could go when a ClearLOGO is displayed in the thumb view scroller? I guess to the right of the scroller, with all the other metadata for the item?

Geniusly inspirational ideas welcome...... :-)

GrotShot

Lee - Yes, I guess either with the info along the bottom or somewhere with the rating(s) & genre info. I would have suggested having it in the corner of the backdrop thumb but that's no good as you can now switch that off!

gyrene2083

Yogi,

Great theme love it and yes it does remind me so much of XBMC, I do have one question for you or anyone that is familiar with this theme. Are there any keyboard shortcuts with this? For example on the Youtube video I saw, you where changing the view almost instantly. Great job!

Will you be doing a Crystal/Roc bundle? I love them both but $26 is a bit steep. Also is there a way to get a new trial as mine has ran out. but in the beginnings of the betas, they were real buggy for me and was unable to get the full appreciation of your hard work. But from what I did get to test I was in aww! great job. a step up from my NEO. 

Nick's MCE

Hi, I luv R.O.C, I was wondering if anyone has created some MCML files with different color schemes.

braddles69

COPIED OVER FROM OLD FORUM

Lee, Just wanted to say great work, I know it might feel like a lot of the last posts are asking for more (don’t we always;)) and while I do agree I would like to see series name/logo/clear art for recently added…I appreciate your hard work.

Just want to say ROC is flying along, I actually like the curvature to the thumb view, helps delineate where you are and draws your eye to that section of the TV to let you know that’s how you navigate…(especially good for the WAF)

The indicators are fixed now when exiting from a third party player but I find the logo still shows the underlying box with cross.

I have found ROC scrolls much better than crystal through the EHS, but I do miss my clearart showing in the tabs when I select them, but I guess that’s the choice of the new style.

All in all great work, keep it up

Am Available for testing if you need it, the wife is away for 2 weeks so my new build is all mine to play with (new install WIN 7 x64, Asus P8B75M /CSM, I5 2400, 8Gb ram, HD5670, MB3 with server and client on said, network to 12 TB NAS)

Edited by braddles69

Hi, I luv R.O.C, I was wondering if anyone has created some MCML files with different color schemes.

it's really easy to do that you just need to create a copy of dark or light view eg. darkcopy.mcml and start the experiments that they fit on your personal taste!