ROC theme support

Jimmy

Does ROC support tags (genre) for photos?

I have MBPhoto installed and I see all my images but when I go to index/groups and select genre nothing happens. Even after long waiting and refreshing I see my genre folders but no photos there.

If this is not supported yet I would like to have that in a next version.

Edited by heula

Hi lee,

after the last release 1.0.2.0 TV resently added shows in EHS instead of folder.jpg cover it shows the episode tv picture.

Is this a problem of ROC or it has something to do with last server releases?

thanks.

leedavies

Lee - a couple of observations from last nights film viewing session:

Clear Logo obscures description text:

Obscured%20Text.jpg

Recently Added seems to be missing the bottom left of the curved scroller:

Recently%20Added.jpg

Both these issues are fixed in the release about to go live.  Thumb view has lots of customization options now - curved scroller or straight, options to turn on/off ClearLOGO, Thumb or DiscART in the scroller.  Only one image is shown per item.

leedavies

Hi lee,

after the last release 1.0.2.0 TV resently added shows in EHS instead of folder.jpg cover it shows the episode tv picture.

Is this a problem of ROC or it has something to do with last server releases?

thanks.

That changed in the previous release I think.  The general feeling was that seeing a episode screengrab with the show logo overlaid at the bottom right corner was more useful than just seeing the show logo and having no idea what episode(s) had been added.

What would you prefer to see on the EHS tile for a tv show episode?

leedavies

In the recently added screen I see multiple items and I would like this to be just one item. I prefer to only see the episode frames since it is called recently added items. With new added series I see the logo, season folder and episode frame of that new serie.

A request for me would be to add a recently added items that have internal and or external subtiles available in the EHS. For me this would be really helpfull item because I'm Dutch and always watch episodes that subtitles available.  Is that possible?

Backdrops for recently added items is not working 100%. I see only one background when scrolling over the new items. It only appears when I stop at the logo thumb when there is one.

Also clearart in recently added would be a nice thing.

Add the clearlogo above the episode text.

ROC%20recently%20added%20with%20subs%20r

Interesting problem you found there...  :-)

What's happening is when ROC looks for recently added items in your TV collection, it sees a few episodes, but it also spots that, because of those new episodes, the season they are in and the tv show they belong to are also marked as "recently added/updated".  So you are seeing, from top to bottom, the episode, the tv show and then the season coverart.

This is fixed in the next release (coming VERY soon) so only "playable" items are shown in the recently added list - you won't see TV shows or seasons, only episodes.

leedavies

In the recently added screen I see multiple items and I would like this to be just one item. I prefer to only see the episode frames since it is called recently added items. With new added series I see the logo, season folder and episode frame of that new serie.

A request for me would be to add a recently added items that have internal and or external subtiles available in the EHS. For me this would be really helpfull item because I'm Dutch and always watch episodes that subtitles available.  Is that possible?

Backdrops for recently added items is not working 100%. I see only one background when scrolling over the new items. It only appears when I stop at the logo thumb when there is one.

Also clearart in recently added would be a nice thing.

Add the clearlogo above the episode text.

As I posted a few moments ago, the recently added EHS tile showing episode frames, ClearLOGOs and coverart is fixed in the next release about to go live.

We could certainly add a "prefer items with subtitles in a particular language" as a filter option maybe?  It's not something I've heard requested from anyone else, so it wouldn't be something that would be done super quickly.  

If you go into the feature requests forum in Product Support -> Plugins, you can post the details of what you'd like adding to ROC and then others will see your suggestion as they browse the forums and can give you their support if its something they'd like to see added too.  The changes, fixes and new feature requests with the most folks asking for them to be done are put at the top of the "to-do" list.

Re ClearART, it's shown in all of ROC's views except for Poster and Detail.  Where are you suggesting it could be shown, but isn't currently?

And finally, backdrops on the EHS are just the backdrops for the currently selected collection, not currently the backdrops for the items chosen for the "row" of the EHS tile you currently have highlighted (e.g. collection, recently added etc).   This is something I've seen requested by a few folks now and is something on the to-do list for a future release.  I don't have a timescale right now;.

As I posted a few moments ago, the recently added EHS tile showing episode frames, ClearLOGOs and coverart is fixed in the next release about to go live.

We could certainly add a "prefer items with subtitles in a particular language" as a filter option maybe?  It's not something I've heard requested from anyone else, so it wouldn't be something that would be done super quickly.  

If you go into the feature requests forum in Product Support -> Plugins, you can post the details of what you'd like adding to ROC and then others will see your suggestion as they browse the forums and can give you their support if its something they'd like to see added too.  The changes, fixes and new feature requests with the most folks asking for them to be done are put at the top of the "to-do" list.

Re ClearART, it's shown in all of ROC's views except for Poster and Detail.  Where are you suggesting it could be shown, but isn't currently?

And finally, backdrops on the EHS are just the backdrops for the currently selected collection, not currently the backdrops for the items chosen for the "row" of the EHS tile you currently have highlighted (e.g. collection, recently added etc).   This is something I've seen requested by a few folks now and is something on the to-do list for a future release.  I don't have a timescale right now;.

Okay thanks, will make some feature request in the right place.

I ment there is no clearart in the recently added page yet.

There is from time to time something weird going on with coverflow. This some times happens when I select a folder or return back from it.

It looks like this then.

ROC%20cover%20flow%20messed%20up.jpg

Or like this

ROC%20cover%20flow%20messed%20up%202.jpg

Edited by heula

GrotShot

Both these issues are fixed in the release about to go live.  Thumb view has lots of customization options now - curved scroller or straight, options to turn on/off ClearLOGO, Thumb or DiscART in the scroller.  Only one image is shown per item.

The options for what appears as the left hand scroller item, ClearLogo, Text, Disc etc - they are separate options which looks like you can only have one enabled. Shouldn't it be a multi-select option where you choose which type you wish to see within one menu item? Effectively it needs to be a radio button type of selection where only one can be selected at a time.

Could I also suggest putting hints on each of the ROC Options in the config menu as it makes selecting options easier if it shows what it is you are doing.

Working away until Sunday and the on holiday for a week so will not be testing for a while.

GrotShot

Lee - just an observation from this morning regarding the movie detail view. The size of the rating logo varies depending on the size of the clear art next to it. Looks odd if you are skipping between items. Two movies shown below:

DetailView.jpg

Interesting problem you found there...  :-)

What's happening is when ROC looks for recently added items in your TV collection, it sees a few episodes, but it also spots that, because of those new episodes, the season they are in and the tv show they belong to are also marked as "recently added/updated".  So you are seeing, from top to bottom, the episode, the tv show and then the season coverart.

This is fixed in the next release (coming VERY soon) so only "playable" items are shown in the recently added list - you won't see TV shows or seasons, only episodes.

Thanks.

MB force closes for me when using Roc theme right after I want to go to my movies folder. It must have been after one of the updates that  it started to happen as before it worked without issues.

leedavies

MB force closes for me when using Roc theme right after I want to go to my movies folder. It must have been after one of the updates that  it started to happen as before it worked without issues.

One of the updates to what?  ROC or the beta test versions of MB3 and MBC you're running?

leedavies

No idea which one, I've updated Roc, MB server and MBC several times.

Well you can easily roll ROC back to an older version - one you know was working for you via the MBC Configurator.  Go into the Plugins tab, click More Plugins, tick the "Show all version" box at the top, expand ROC and pick the version you want to go back to.

If you still see the problem afterwards, you know it's not ROC.

Loving my trial of ROC.  One question: I haven't found out how to expand the weather to show more than current temp/condition. How do I get it to show next few days weather? Most weather enabled themes you do a rollover or some such to expand the weather info.

My wife and I use it as the last thing we do with the TV before going up to bed, checking tomorrow's weather to decide what to wear etc...

Thanks. Absolutely brilliant theme. If I can get an answer to this, I'm definitely paying to keep ROC!

Marc

leedavies

Yes, that weather button in the top toolbar will soon be clickable, taking you to a more detailed weather page.  The image below is our mockup of what that page will look like-ish... bear in mind this is a mock-up image and not a screenshot of the real page, so minor differences will likely be in the final version that gets released...

525fc4a893f75_weather.jpg

• Like 4

aspdend

Yes, that weather button in the top toolbar will soon be clickable, taking you to a more detailed weather page.  The image below is our mockup of what that page will look like-ish... bear in mind this is a mock-up image and not a screenshot of the real page, so minor differences will likely be in the final version that gets released...

525fc4a893f75_weather.jpg

Lee,

Is there likely to be a multi-day view on the EHS without clicking through to the weather page as I would prefer to see the multi-day view easily.