ROC theme support

Jimmy

leedavies

Lee,

Since the last ROC update my EHS backdrop has stopped showing in ROC although shows in Chocolate if I swap themes. It is a background.jpg which is in IBN\General. Can you confirm that this should be picked up with ROC please.

Hmmm... that's odd.  It should be picked up, yes.  I'm on the case...

• Like 1

GrotShot

Lee,

Noticed that if I watch an unwatched TV episode to the end & return to the detail view, the thumbnail on the left has the watched symbol added. However, if I skip to the next episode without leaving the detail page, all of the info updates on screen but not the watched indicator. This gives the impression that the next episode is watched when it isn't.

Nick's MCE

Nick's MCE

You would use Images By Name folder just like MB2.

1. On your computer enable hidden files and folder option.

2. location of IBN folder is in MediaBrowser-Server folder. C:/Users/your name/Appdata/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Server/ ImagesByName. There you can add your folders, backdrops, image folder and so on

just make sure you label them as you see them on the server.

hope this help.

Thank's for the info, I managed to work this out now and have my backdrops and clearart set up in there.

What I can't work where to put a backdrop for the MB3 built in's like Music by Genre, Music Albums, TV by Genre etc.

GrotShot

Thank's for the info, I managed to work this out now and have my backdrops and clearart set up in there.

What I can't work where to put a backdrop for the MB3 built in's like Music by Genre, Music Albums, TV by Genre etc.

Nick,

Create a folder which is exactly the same spelling as the collection name in your IBN\General folder - so IBN\General\Music by Genre\backdrop.png . This is where I put my folder.png images.

Noticed a small quirk. When on the EHS, I select a collection which is in Coverflow view. Then I browse over to the right and it shows and highlights the correct movie. Then within a few seconds, it goes back to the first movie(sorted by name) in the view on its own. It does not highlight (grows the folder), it just rolls in the disc for that movie and shows the logo.

If you continue ot browse after that, it is all ok..

mariors44

In the ImageByName folder create a General folder inside that folder create the folders you want. Put a backdrop image and a folder image in each folder you create, that why MB3 and MBC should pick them up. don't forget to restart the server for changes to take affect. 

Nick's MCE

Lee

Hi, thanks for all past help, I have managed to resolve all my issues to date including the backdrops etc.

I now have a new issue which has started on both my media centers in ROC. When a movie or tv show finishes it goes to a blank white screen instead of back to MB. This also happens if I stop the movie or show. The MCE Remote back button won't work, it seems the whole thing is hung.

The only way to get out is to get the mouse so I can get the media Centre icons up and then use the back button on top left screen. A couple of times this didn't work and I had to Control/Alt/Delete and end the process to get out.

From here I have to re-launch MCE. It happens every time on all media.

I just checked Crystal and NEO and it is the same and it is happening on both machines.

Help, Help, Help.

leedavies

Lee

Hi, thanks for all past help, I have managed to resolve all my issues to date including the backdrops etc.

I now have a new issue which has started on both my media centers in ROC. When a movie or tv show finishes it goes to a blank white screen instead of back to MB. This also happens if I stop the movie or show. The MCE Remote back button won't work, it seems the whole thing is hung.

The only way to get out is to get the mouse so I can get the media Centre icons up and then use the back button on top left screen. A couple of times this didn't work and I had to Control/Alt/Delete and end the process to get out.

I just checked Crystal and NEO and it is the same and it is happening on both machines.

Help, Help, Help.

I've heard this reported happening in several different themes, suggesting it's not a problem with any particular theme, but an MBC problem.

I notice there is no backdrop being displayed when a theme.mp3 is played. Just the theme background. When the theme.mp3 has finisht playing the backdrop appears.

Nick's MCE

I've heard this reported happening in several different themes, suggesting it's not a problem with any particular theme, but an MBC problem.

Are you on the case, do you need some logs etc or should I post somewhere else for this issue.

GrotShot

Lee

Help, Help, Help.

Have you got Trakt installed because there is / was a problem with that stopping a return to the previous screen?

DarkKniyt (John)

Lee - I'm experiencing an issue with Video-Backdrops.

There's alot of "stuttering" and slow response time.

I tested the Video-Backdrops with Chocolate & Subdued and have no issues in either.

The stuttering occurs in both ROC & Crystal.

Tks.

UPDATE:

No longer an issue.

I reinstalled the Server and Classic and no longer have the stuttering isues.

Edited by DarkKniyt (John)

Deihmos

I have the option to default to to the first unplayed item setting in MBC but it does not work with Roc or Crystal. It works in all other themes. 

I have the option to default to to the first unplayed item setting in MBC but it does not work with Roc or Crystal. It works in all other themes. 

Confirmed and mentioned before.

Also when leaving a serie it should return with focus on that serie but that does happen always. Sometimes the focus is back to first serie in alphabetical order.

greemlin

Hello,

I keep having the trial expired message on ROC theme, whereas i do have bought the license.

I read the previous posts, and also installed Crystal, as apparently it seemed to help, but unfortunately for me it does not.

Any idea ?

Thank you

leedavies

Hello,

I keep having the trial expired message on ROC theme, whereas i do have bought the license.

I read the previous posts, and also installed Crystal, as apparently it seemed to help, but unfortunately for me it does not.

Any idea ?

Thank you

Make sure you have entered your MB3 supporter key into the MB3 dashboard - the one were emailed after you made a donation to MB3 by becoming a supporter.

greemlin

oh thank you, indeed it had disappeared, i'm not sure why.

Is it possible through Crystal or Roc, to customize what kind of movie is displayed on the home page.

is it possible to display the name of the new, unwatched TV Shows and the number of unwatched items in it for example?  (just as it is done in Diamond theme, but which is quite old now)

Crystal is probably the most beautifull theme, but what is missing (from my point of view) is the list of the last added not watched items, such as the 10 last tv shows, 10 last movies, etc.

is there a way to configure that ?

thank you for your support

Deihmos

That's one reason I couldn't use crystal. Unless I am missing something I didn't see a way to see a list of recently added movies or tv shows. I have to wait for the home screen to cycle through the list. 

Edited by Deihmos

leedavies

That's one reason I couldn't use crystal. Unless I am missing something I didn't see a way to see a list of recently added movies or tv shows. I have to wait for the home screen to cycle through the list. 

Yes, you're correct - the tile showing recently added items cycles through the displayed items and when you click/select the tile, the currently-shown item is displayed, not the whole list of items the tile was cycling through.

But there is an update coming soon which gives you the option of going straight to the item you pressed the tile on, or going to a list of all the items on the tile, giving you the best of both worlds - you can choose which way you want your system to work.

• Like 1

greemlin

this option would be awesome :)

it would be good to actually let the user chose what he wants to display in those 4 tiles, random, feature, lastest, unwatched, latest&unwatched,favorites, etc.

great job :)

Deihmos

Is there a way to resize or remove the box for the thumb image? What does the number 5 mean? I see it on all the thumbs.

529bd4699a56e_Untitled.png529be95d6176e_Untitled.jpg

Edited by Deihmos

Nick's MCE

Have you got Trakt installed because there is / was a problem with that stopping a return to the previous screen?

Lee

Thanks, it was trakt. I have had to un-install which is a shame as my wife was using this feature a lot, she likes to have her say. I assume that at some stage MBC will resolve this issue in an update considering it is known?.

I have noticed a small issue regarding using my remote. I have a harmony One remote and the media button is mapped to pull down the menu when in the folders, that's the menu which changes the view or mark's un-played or backdrop size etc. This works in all folders but not in Music, in music it launches the dvd folder in Media Centre. If I load the Music Albums folder the same thing happens. 

This may have nothing to do with ROC/Crystal and may be a mapping issue in MBC, any thoughts.

One more question. In my home movies I a have home movies set up like TV series, in MB2 I used to load images of the family as actors. I did this by creating a folder in the people folder the same name as the family member and then putting the image in there as folder.jpg. It seems the MBC/Server setup is slightly different, there is a people folder with actors name folder inside but then inside this there is just an XML file but no image. Any advise on where to put the image, do I create my own people folder in general?

Thanks!

Nick's MCE

Confirmed and mentioned before.

Also when leaving a serie it should return with focus on that serie but that does happen always. Sometimes the focus is back to first serie in alphabetical order.

I have noticed the same issue, not defaulting to the first un-played item!

GrotShot

Lee

Thanks, it was trakt. I have had to un-install which is a shame as my wife was using this feature a lot, she likes to have her say. I assume that at some stage MBC will resolve this issue in an update considering it is known?.

I have noticed a small issue regarding using my remote. I have a harmony One remote and the media button is mapped to pull down the menu when in the folders, that's the menu which changes the view or mark's un-played or backdrop size etc. This works in all folders but not in Music, in music it launches the dvd folder in Media Centre. If I load the Music Albums folder the same thing happens. 

This may have nothing to do with ROC/Crystal and may be a mapping issue in MBC, any thoughts.

One more question. In my home movies I a have home movies set up like TV series, in MB2 I used to load images of the family as actors. I did this by creating a folder in the people folder the same name as the family member and then putting the image in there as folder.jpg. It seems the MBC/Server setup is slightly different, there is a people folder with actors name folder inside but then inside this there is just an XML file but no image. Any advise on where to put the image, do I create my own people folder in general?

Thanks!

Nick - if I look in a persons people folder then there is a folder.jpg as well as the xml file if MB3 has been able to download an image. Maybe you just happened to look in folders with no image for that person?

this option would be awesome :)

it would be good to actually let the user chose what he wants to display in those 4 tiles, random, feature, lastest, unwatched, latest&unwatched,favorites, etc.

great job :)

And a episodes with subtitles available. Requested some time ago