ROC theme support

Jimmy

Thanks for the reply re: weather. I've voted with my wallet, and just purchased the ROC theme via the MB3 Server.

Nice work and I look forward to the expansion of the weather function. It's amazing how a little feature like that matters so much!  Beautiful job.

leedavies

Thanks for the reply re: weather. I've voted with my wallet, and just purchased the ROC theme via the MB3 Server.

Nice work and I look forward to the expansion of the weather function. It's amazing how a little feature like that matters so much!  Beautiful job.

Welcome aboard...  good timing - a new version is about to land...

• Like 1

Ok, it seems that the last version working for me is 1.0.0.6, the newer ones crash. What may be the cause? Is there a way to create a log report?

leedavies

Ok, it seems that the last version working for me is 1.0.0.6, the newer ones crash. What may be the cause? Is there a way to create a log report?

Ah, that's some nice detective work there buddy, well done.  Ok, so back to your crash right after you enter your Movies folder.  My first question is whether it's *JUST* your Movies folder that does this, or do other collection folders do exactly the same when you enter them?

Re generating a log file, there are 2 places for you to look and post the logs as a reply on this discussion please.  The first is in your MBC logs folder...  probably in C:\Program Data\MediaBrowser-Classic\Logs and look for the file last modified closest to the time of the crash.  But it's unlikely you'll find anything useful in that log, as if MBC crashed, it probably wasn't able to log anything about why, cos it was busy actually crashing....  :-)

So the place to find the cause of the crash will be your Windows Event Log.  Click the Start Button, the type "Event view" and open the "Event Viewer" you'll see listed.  The tree at the left side of the event viewer window has an "Applications and services" folder.  Expand that and you'll see a "Media Center" entry.

Click that and you'll see the log entries to the right.  Click on the date/time column heading until you're sure the most recent log entry is at the top of the list.  You should see an error around the time of the crash.  Copy/paste the details from the bottom part of the window and post in here please.....

Just installed 1.0.2.3RC1 and found a little design issue. Only with one item in the season or movie folder. I don't think this is supposed too?

Saw a few new things like the backdrops in EHS. Good job with that. Is it correct that most of my display settings were reset?

52618767bdfb3_Capture_118.jpg5261876fdcb71_Capture_119.jpg

Edited by heula

Ok, this is what I get, no matter what folder I choose:

Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) w Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessInitialization() w Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue) w Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition) w MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args) InnerException System.FormatException: Nieprawidłowy format ciągu wejściowego. w System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) w System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) w System.Single.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) w ROC.AppUtil.MBMajorVersionNumber()

Edited by makakam

Having a few issues with ROC version 1.0.2.4:

TV Series title/logo missing again in version 1.0.2.4.  WMC theme backdrop is showing, expected  to see the Series backdrop or TV Collection backdrop here.

RecentlyAddedNoShowTitleV1024.jpg

TV Series title/logo showing in ROC version 1.0.2.0, title/logo appeared after updated MB classic to version 3.0.78.0 B10-17.2.  Again, WMC backdrop is shown instead of Series or Collection backdrop.

RecentlyAddedShowLogoV1020.jpg

ROC Version 1.0.2.4, Overview text not wrapped.

OverviewWordWrapDisabledV1024.jpg

ROC version 1.0.2.0, overview text wrapped.

OverviewWordWrapEnabledV1020.jpg

ROC version 1.0.2.4, Overview text is wrapped when clearart is showing.

OverviewClearartWordWrapEnabledV1024.jpg

• Like 2

Lee,

Noticed page scrolling animation on random items (movies, tv shows..) while scrolling normally (slowly), using only up and down keys, from one item to next.  It appears like it's jumping to the next page, but in fact only goes to the next or previous item.

Edited by JayAre

leedavies

Lee,

Noticed page scrolling animation on random items (movies, tv shows..) while scrolling normally (slowly), using only up and down keys, from one item to next.  It appears like it's jumping to the next page, but in fact only goes to the next or previous item.

Which view style?  Thumb, coverflow etc?  I'm guessing thumb cos that's the one with the "jittery" animation sometimes.???  Ta.

Which view style?  Thumb, coverflow etc?  I'm guessing thumb cos that's the one with the "jittery" animation sometimes.???  Ta.

Yes, Thumb view.

One issue I have with this (and several other) themes is that since I use a keyboard with integrated mouse for navigation, the WMC minimize/window mode/exit button icons in the upper right corner overlap with the time and date stuff up there. They go away whenever I don't use the mouse for a few secs, but since I'm always using the mouse to navigate, they are usually visible. IS there, or could there be, an option to reposition these so as to avoid the conflict?

In a similar "mouse navigation" vein, sometimes I'm chasing my content libraries around the screen. Is it possible to slow down the motions of them as they cycle into and out of focus?

Thanks!

Marc

Can't answer the first question but for the second,if you go into the MBC config and Roc options,in the Display section there is an option to change the scrolling speed,just change it to whatever works for you.

mariors44

Lee, on the latest version 1.0.2.4

1. The trailers still auto play and start over if you go to different tab and back again.
  2. In detail view the  un-played indicator shows even if  you do not have that option on.
  3. If you want to view the trailer it's hard to see in the background.
  4.  Backdrops are still a little jerky.

Can't answer the first question but for the second,if you go into the MBC config and Roc options,in the Display section there is an option to change the scrolling speed,just change it to whatever works for you.

I tried this but I don't think it made much difference when mousing over the various TV / Movies / whatever folders I have. They still flip around quite fast... maybe there is some difference, just not a major one, or perhaps that setting doesn't impact this particular animation?

Lee, it's possible to add for ROC theme the director movie alongside or down of the title movie? Could be useful to know who is the movie's director and find his related movies on my own database. Regards

• Like 1

In a similar "mouse navigation" vein, sometimes I'm chasing my content libraries around the screen. Is it possible to slow down the motions of them as they cycle into and out of focus?

I concur with Marc on this, using a normal optical mouse (actual movement not scroll wheel)  it's nearly impossible to stop the scrolling on the collection, folder or episode you want. At the slightest mouse movement , it flies through very quickly.

• Like 1

Lee,  I don't know if anyone else has seen this but in the pre-release version (1.0.2.5 RC2), entering a letter on the keyboard or remote no longer works eg press G for Grimm and nothing happens.

Testing 1.0.2.5RC2 and found a few issues.

Nice work with the backdrops in the recently added screen etc. Only thing missing in these screens are the clearart.

- The logos are not well displayed in some cases.

ROC%201.0.2.5RC2%20issues.jpg

ROC%201.0.2.5RC2%20issues%202.jpg

- When there are more then one episode is in the season folder and I select an episode and I return back without playing I get this screen. This only stays this way when the video backfrop has stopped manually or stopped playing itself. When I return while the video backdrop is still playing I see this but it recovers itself quickly.

ROC%201.0.2.5RC2%20issues%203.jpg

- When there are widescreen thumbs and 4:3 thumbs in one screen the 4:3 thumbs are out of range. When only 4:3 thumbs are visable all is displayed fine.

ROC%201.0.2.5RC2%20issues%204.jpg

Lee,  I don't know if anyone else has seen this but in the pre-release version (1.0.2.5 RC2), entering a letter on the keyboard or remote no longer works eg press G for Grimm and nothing happens.

I can confirm this.

• Like 1

leedavies

Just installed 1.0.2.3RC1 and found a little design issue. Only with one item in the season or movie folder. I don't think this is supposed too?

Saw a few new things like the backdrops in EHS. Good job with that. Is it correct that most of my display settings were reset?

52618767bdfb3_Capture_118.jpg5261876fdcb71_Capture_119.jpg

Fixed in 1.0.3.0, now live.