ROC theme support

Jimmy

leedavies

Testing 1.0.2.5RC2 and found a few issues.

Nice work with the backdrops in the recently added screen etc. Only thing missing in these screens are the clearart.

- The logos are not well displayed in some cases.

ROC%201.0.2.5RC2%20issues.jpg

ROC%201.0.2.5RC2%20issues%202.jpg

- When there are more then one episode is in the season folder and I select an episode and I return back without playing I get this screen. This only stays this way when the video backfrop has stopped manually or stopped playing itself. When I return while the video backdrop is still playing I see this but it recovers itself quickly.

ROC%201.0.2.5RC2%20issues%203.jpg

- When there are widescreen thumbs and 4:3 thumbs in one screen the 4:3 thumbs are out of range. When only 4:3 thumbs are visable all is displayed fine.

ROC%201.0.2.5RC2%20issues%204.jpg

All fixed in 1.0.3.0 ???

leedavies

Having a few issues with ROC version 1.0.2.4:

TV Series title/logo missing again in version 1.0.2.4.  WMC theme backdrop is showing, expected  to see the Series backdrop or TV Collection backdrop here.

RecentlyAddedNoShowTitleV1024.jpg

TV Series title/logo showing in ROC version 1.0.2.0, title/logo appeared after updated MB classic to version 3.0.78.0 B10-17.2.  Again, WMC backdrop is shown instead of Series or Collection backdrop.

RecentlyAddedShowLogoV1020.jpg

ROC Version 1.0.2.4, Overview text not wrapped.

OverviewWordWrapDisabledV1024.jpg

ROC version 1.0.2.0, overview text wrapped.

OverviewWordWrapEnabledV1020.jpg

ROC version 1.0.2.4, Overview text is wrapped when clearart is showing.

OverviewClearartWordWrapEnabledV1024.jpg

All fixed in 1.0.3.0, now live.

leedavies

I tried this but I don't think it made much difference when mousing over the various TV / Movies / whatever folders I have. They still flip around quite fast... maybe there is some difference, just not a major one, or perhaps that setting doesn't impact this particular animation?

There are some tweaks to improve this in 1.0.3.0.  Do you find it any better?  If so, just a little better, or all good and perfect now?

There are some tweaks to improve this in 1.0.3.0.  Do you find it any better?  If so, just a little better, or all good and perfect now?

re: using mouse to navigate. It seems a bit more stable, but is there any way to control the speed? I've got all settings for anything down to slowest, but it still seems really fast. And when I move my mouse far enough to get it to change, it's hard to get it to scroll just one grouping. I tend to overshoot, come back, and take a few tries to get it right. Same goes when I'm in say "Movies" and I'm controlling the coverflow movies... it's hard to do via mouse without overshooting.

So, further controls to aid mouse use would be awesome, but this is a beautiful theme. Absolutely beautiful. Great work. Any ETA on the weather enhancements you mentioned a week or two ago?

Marc

Appears to be a bug in version 1.0.3.0 and older version.  I have a TV Series Collection with mixed collection type, mostly all with series.xml, only three TV movies with movies.xml.  If any of the three tv movies are marked unplayed, only these items are shown under TV Series Unwatched.  Unwatched TV Series episodes do appear when all three tv movies are marked played.

Great theme!  Nice work lee!

lee,

Is it possible to turn off Sync Views for Recently Added, Unwatched, Recently Watched?  I prefer different views for specific media collection, thumb view for TV, thump strip for movies, poster for podcast.  Changing EnableSyncViews or InheritDefaultView to false in MBC config did not work.

re: using mouse to navigate. It seems a bit more stable, but is there any way to control the speed? I've got all settings for anything down to slowest, but it still seems really fast. And when I move my mouse far enough to get it to change, it's hard to get it to scroll just one grouping. I tend to overshoot, come back, and take a few tries to get it right. Same goes when I'm in say "Movies" and I'm controlling the coverflow movies... it's hard to do via mouse without overshooting.

So, further controls to aid mouse use would be awesome, but this is a beautiful theme. Absolutely beautiful. Great work. Any ETA on the weather enhancements you mentioned a week or two ago?

Marc

I agree with Marc, some improvement but it is significantly faster scrolling compared to keyboard movements.

Lee a couple more things,

1. On starting ROC, the bright "flash" has now gone but has been replaced by a brief shot of the EHS tiles - about 1 sec or so then it shows just the starred backdrop and the EHS tiles appear about 1 sec later.
  2. The Recently Added, Unwatched and Recently Watched sections of my TV Series EHS tile take about 15 secs to populate, although from this point on they are available instantly when next selected. This delay is apparent every time, even when restarting ROC immediately after closing. The Collections section of the TV Series tile is always populated instantly (<1 sec). The issue does not occur for any other collections. eg; If, on starting, I navigate straight away to my Movies collection all 4 sections of the EHS tile are populated instantly (<1sec each) this is also the same for the other 3 collections. However, if I then go back to TV Series there is still a 15 sec delay before sections 2,3 & 4 of the tile are populated

Great work Lee, this is getting better all the time :D

leedavies

Lee a couple more things,

1. On starting ROC, the bright "flash" has now gone but has been replaced by a brief shot of the EHS tiles - about 1 sec or so then it shows just the starred backdrop and the EHS tiles appear about 1 sec later.
  2. The Recently Added, Unwatched and Recently Watched sections of my TV Series EHS tile take about 15 secs to populate, although from this point on they are available instantly when next selected. This delay is apparent every time, even when restarting ROC immediately after closing. The Collections section of the TV Series tile is always populated instantly (<1 sec). The issue does not occur for any other collections. eg; If, on starting, I navigate straight away to my Movies collection all 4 sections of the EHS tile are populated instantly (<1sec each) this is also the same for the other 3 collections. However, if I then go back to TV Series there is still a 15 sec delay before sections 2,3 & 4 of the tile are populated

Great work Lee, this is getting better all the time :D

Not that it makes anything remotely close to 15 seconds acceptable, what "max items per tile" limit do you have configured in the ROC settings?

Not that it makes anything remotely close to 15 seconds acceptable, what "max items per tile" limit do you have configured in the ROC settings?

Items per tile is set at 5, which I believe is default. thks

edit: the Collections section shows 4 folder/series covers whilst the other 3 show only 2 episode screen shots. I'm assuming that this is due to the size of the picture. Not at all sure where the 5 items comes into it...

2nd edit: I know that you like my videos, so here another one by way of demonstration of both issues. It's a tad jerky tho, i'm trying out a screen capture app instead of my phone...

Edited by jordy

I don't get coverart anymore when I index to Genre. This worked before.

When I change back to index None then I see my coverart again. Both do have the same setup and crollerthumb is enabled.

- Photos at index Genre.

ROC%20no%20coverart%20in%20Genre%20index

Photos at index None.

Should be much smoother in 1.0.3.0, now live.  Can you confirm?

Very smooth.  Previous thumb view scrolling issues, using up and down keys, in media collection, Recently added, Unwatched, and Recently Watched are fixed in version in 1.0.3.0.

Over looked another issue, also now fixed in 1.0.3.0.   In previous build, after exiting Recently Added, Unwatched, and Recently Watched, focus would go to the top of the menu to Collection.  In the current build, after exiting Unwatched, focus stays on Unwatched menu.

All the hard work is much appreciated!

• Like 1

leedavies

Very smooth.  Previous thumb view scrolling issues, using up and down keys, in media collection, Recently added, Unwatched, and Recently Watched are fixed in version in 1.0.3.0.

Over looked another issue, also now fixed in 1.0.3.0.   In previous build, after exiting Recently Added, Unwatched, and Recently Watched, focus would go to the top of the menu to Collection.  In the current build, after exiting Unwatched, focus stays on Unwatched menu.

All the hard work is much appreciated!

Thanks for the kind words and support.

I'm pretty happy with 1.0.3.0.  There are a few things I want to do still, but I think ROC is the best looking and performing theme out there today. 

It's a shame Soultaker threw in the towel.  There's a new Xbox console coming out, so he could have made Neo 2 and stolen the Xbox One user interface too.  LOL

• Like 1

1.0.3.0 stops and becomes unresponsive if I keep the scroll button down in thumb list view. It stops at exactly the same movie every time.. movie number 63.. I removed that movie and it still stops on movie 63 but a different title, I down graded to the previous version and it is all good..

• Like 1

leedavies

Sorry about the hang at item 63 Ron, my bad.  It's a configuration issue that's slipped back in due to some testing.  Patch on the way.

Meanwhile, if you increase or decrease the size of your covers the problem will probably go away....  seriously!