ROC theme support

Jimmy

mariors44

Rock theme has some bugs. Have been waiting for updates for awhile, hope it gets updated soon , some problems have been driving me nuts.

• Like 1

leedavies

Rock theme has some bugs. Have been waiting for updates for awhile, hope it gets updated soon , some problems have been driving me nuts.

For clarity could you just post a short list of bullet points of the ROC issues driving you nuts?

I'm working on a ROC update now, so want to be sure I'm clear on what you think the outstanding issues are.

Thanks.,

saitoh183

Could you add the change profile in the menu where you have the search and config menu. like other skins so we can easily switch profiles and get there from any menu. I hope i explained that clearly.

Also can something be done about the the recently added menu on the main screen that seems to take a long time to load and often causes WMC to say that the program has stopped responding. If you hit cancel it will end up populating the list but if by any chance you select the Recently added as you start up MB3, everything freezes till its done. 

Edited by saitoh183
  • Like 1

awakening

Have you tried naming Disk 1-3 folders to MB3 multi-episode naming structure?  I have several TV series bluray folders, I just rename them:

Season 1

TV Series Title 1x01x03 Ep Title 1, Ep Title 2, Ep Title 3 (Disk 1 folder)

BDMV

CERTIFICATE

TV Series Title 1x04x06 Ep Title 4, Ep Title 5, Ep Title 6 (Disk 2 folder)
BDMV
CERTIFICATE
TV Series Title 1x07x09 Ep Title 7, Ep Title 8, Ep Title 9 (Disk 3 folder)
BDMV
CERTIFICATE

MB3 fetches correct metadata with no issues.

Some TV series bluray folders does not play all the episodes using MPC-HC.  As a work around, I just mark them as 3d folders with [fsbs], to play in TMT5 which support bluray menu's.  For example Game of Thrones:

Game Of Thrones

Season 1

TV Series Title 1x01x03 Ep Title 1, Ep Title 2, Ep Title 3 [fsbs] (Disk 1 folder)

BDMV

CERTIFICATE

TV Series Title 1x04x06 Ep Title 4, Ep Title 5, Ep Title 6 [fsbs] (Disk 2 folder)
BDMV
CERTIFICATE
TV Series Title 1x07x09 Ep Title 7, Ep Title 8, Ep Title 9 [fsbs] (Disk 3 folder)
BDMV
CERTIFICATE

I wish I can just mark them with [tmt5] tags to force playback in TMT5 and avoid 3d icons showing for these episodes.

Thank you. I will try this out tomorrow. I'll let you know if it does the trick.

Edited by awakening

awakening

Looks like a ROC bug you've found because that should work.  I don't have any items in my test media collections in the structure you show above but am about to add some and do some testing to find the problem.

If you take a look in your Windows Event Viewer (in Control Panel -> Administration Tools -> Event Viewer) and expand the Applications branch then go to the Media Center log, you should see a detailed error message logged at the time you had these crashes happen.  If you could post the detailed message from one of those logs it will hopefully tell us exactly where the crash happened and may help speed up finding and fixing the cause!

Thanks,

- Lee

Thank you. I have sent a message with the logged error message from the event viewr.

If you prefer me to put it up here let me know.

Marc_G

Lee - any update on when enhancements to the weather forecast on the EHS will be? Some months back you showed some sketches of plans to show several days worth of forecasts... my wife and I still miss this, though we otherwise love ROC theme!

JayAre

Just want to report some minor issues that I experience in daily use.

• On start up, the EHS media collection sort order reverts back to alphanumeric order briefly.  When I enter MBC using ROC theme, EHS menu starts at my Book collection, which should be last on my sort order list.  Then goes to my preferred sort order. which is named: 1-Movies, 2-TV Series, 3-Favorites, 4-Movies by Genre, 5-Podcast, 6-Books.  Not seeing this issue in Chocolate theme.
  • EHS thumb pics loading optimization or option to turn it off completely.  3-5 seconds delay, waiting for the thumbs to load before I can enter media collection, Recently Added, Unwatched, Watched list.

ROC is still my favorite theme!  I appreciate all continued improvements!

Edited by JayAre

JayAre

Lee,

EHS Recently Added is broken for all media collection after upgrade to MBC version 3.0.137.0 3-10.1 beta.  Getting "INVALID APPLICATION" "Unable to launch media browser 3", when I select and enter EHS Recently Added menu.

• Like 1

leedavies

Lee,

EHS Recently Added is broken for all media collection after upgrade to MBC version 3.0.137.0 3-10.1 beta. Getting "INVALID APPLICATION" "Unable to launch media browser 3", when I select and enter EHS Recently Added menu.

Working fine for me. What is on your windows event viewer error log for media center when you see this problem?

JayAre

Working fine for me. What is on your windows event viewer error log for media center when you see this problem?

Using MBC Version 3.0.140.0 3-14.1:

After looking into it further, appears to be a bug when Recently added includes played items is uncheck in MBC Config > Roc Options > EHS.

5325d7019bf03_RecentlyAdded1.jpg

When the option Recently added includes played items is marked checked, Recently Added items reappears for all media collection.  But is now showing TV Series folders and Season folders in TV Series Recently Added list instead of just recently added TV episodes.

5325da68eaa43_RecentlyAdded2.jpg

Deihmos

In recently added I am seeing the season folder with one unwatched and I am also seeing the thumb for the recently added show. There are two entries. What is causing this behavior? Some of the shows in recently added were not recently added. In detailed view for season selection nothing is showing for the selections. It looks it is off the screen. It is showing for some of the shows but all the way at the bottom.

Edited by Deihmos

Hi Lee,

nice work on latest update, but scrolling looks somehow akward (im not sure is it only on slower GPUs or everywhere). Can you posible revert back?

Cheers.

• Like 1

fusrodah26

I've been having an issue since the latest update with not seeing the newest season in several show folders. This happens only when using the thumb strip view. It will show in the top left corner that there are, say, 3 seasons in the folder, but only display 2 of them.

Any way this can be fixed?

amadeo36

Hi Lee.

ROC last updates have been a disaster for me. MBC continually hangs almost in any view. I Navigate through the movies, I go into any of them and when I roll back to general view .... hangs.
I would like to return to the ROC version v1.0.10.2, but it is no longer possible to do this from MBC configurator. Is there any way to roll back to version v1.0.10.2?

Thanks

• Like 1