ROC theme support

Jimmy

Lee,I am having an issue with it freezing on thumb view when scrolling and the only way to exit is to shut down WMC completely.running v1.0.12.

When scrolling it doesn't matter how fast or slow it is just freezing at some random point in the list.

Will post a log later if needed.

GrotShot

Lee,I am having an issue with it freezing on thumb view when scrolling and the only way to exit is to shut down WMC completely.running v1.0.12.

When scrolling it doesn't matter how fast or slow it is just freezing at some random point in the list.

I can confirm this as my partner, who doesn't really do tech and expects stuff to just work, had a hissy last night when we were scanning for a film to watch! The up / down seems unresponsive after a while both with a Harmony remote and a wireless keyboard.

Just been talking to lee and this is definitely fixed in the next release,along with a few other goodies,should be not far away.

GrotShot

Lee - a couple of observations from last nights film viewing session:

Clear Logo obscures description text:

Obscured%20Text.jpg

Recently Added seems to be missing the bottom left of the curved scroller:

Recently%20Added.jpg

GrotShot

I asked in the old forum but didn't sort it so will ask again:

Recently Added and Unwatched - I only see 5 items. I've looked in the 2 MBC config files and can find nothing to suggest that this is a setting I can change.

Does everyone else just see 5 items?

Is this 5 items a ROC determined value?

To me Unwatched is anything that is unwatched so if I have 100 movies and 75 are unwatched then that is what should be presented to me. Again this is frustrating the other half that she can't choose a movie from a list that we've not seen.

leedavies

I asked in the old forum but didn't sort it so will ask again:

Recently Added and Unwatched - I only see 5 items. I've looked in the 2 MBC config files and can find nothing to suggest that this is a setting I can change.

Does everyone else just see 5 items?

Is this 5 items a ROC determined value?

To me Unwatched is anything that is unwatched so if I have 100 movies and 75 are unwatched then that is what should be presented to me. Again this is frustrating the other half that she can't choose a movie from a list that we've not seen.

From the EHS, press the config button on the top toolbar, move along the tabs to the ROC theme tab and if you scroll down to the EHS section, you can set the number of items to show on a tile. 

Currently, the EHS tiles don't scroll each "row" on a tile sideways, so you can't see lots of items unless you press that row and go the full view of all the items that row had selected for you.   That will soon change, as ROC will have an option to generate a "covers montage" image to show on the tile for your collection, recently added etc rows...  that will mean you get a "postcards overlaid and randomly rotated a bit" image, showing you lots more of the items you'll see if you press that row.

Yep I have this also,if this can be increased it would be great. Also in the TV recently added it would be good to have the Series name displayed there as well.

From the EHS, press the config button on the top toolbar, move along the tabs to the ROC theme tab and if you scroll down to the EHS section, you can set the number of items to show on a tile. 

Currently, the EHS tiles don't scroll each "row" on a tile sideways, so you can't see lots of items unless you press that row and go the full view of all the items that row had selected for you.   That will soon change, as ROC will have an option to generate a "covers montage" image to show on the tile for your collection, recently added etc rows...  that will mean you get a "postcards overlaid and randomly rotated a bit" image, showing you lots more of the items you'll see if you press that row.

Well I didn't even see this,nice stuff,worked for me.

GrotShot

Lee - OK, got that but it only goes to 25 so not really helping the fact that Unwatched is an undetermined value. Out of 250 movies I probably have 200 unwatched but I'm not exactly sure so just want to be able to see all Unwatched.

I can understand that the Recently added you would want to configure a certain number.

GrotShot

Lee, sorry to be a pain but getting a media browser 3 stopped working using ROC when trying to enter my TV Series collection. This works fine if I swap over to Chocolate theme. MBC log at the time has this in:

2013-10-12 01:04:06.7848,Info,,Verify Children (UI Triggered) TV Series took 0.00 seconds.,24,Child verifier-Worker
2013-10-12 01:04:06.8128,Debug,,Loading display prefs for C:\Users\Graeme\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\root\default\TV Series,1,Application
2013-10-12 01:04:06.8128,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://172.16.3.16:8096/mediabrowser/DisplayPreferences/9299e521aa3059f6bcbdd51218a7e7b8?userId=a2e22216-789f-f62a-9576-29c21eae965d&client=MBC&format=Json,1,Application
2013-10-12 01:04:06.8178,Debug,,Sorting TV Series,1,Application
2013-10-12 01:04:07.0858,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://172.16.3.16:8096/mediabrowser/Localization/ParentalRatings?format=Json,1,Application
2013-10-12 01:04:07.1508,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://172.16.3.16:8096/mediabrowser/Localization/ParentalRatings?format=Json,1,Application
2013-10-12 01:04:07.1908,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://172.16.3.16:8096/mediabrowser/Users/a2e22216-789f-f62a-9576-29c21eae965d/Items/c8f9eea7-67fa-e442-3733-c4842e316eac?format=Json,1,Application

No entry in the server log for this time. Any thoughts?
Edited by GrotShot

TV Episodes in Recent and Unwatched the title is missing. (Running latest official 1.2.0)

TV%20Unwatched.jpg

Edited by DigiTM

leedavies

Lee - OK, got that but it only goes to 25 so not really helping the fact that Unwatched is an undetermined value. Out of 250 movies I probably have 200 unwatched but I'm not exactly sure so just want to be able to see all Unwatched.

I can understand that the Recently added you would want to configure a certain number.

Does this still happen in v1.0.2.0 ?

GrotShot

Does this still happen in v1.0.2.0 ?

Yes, I'm using the latest release. Err, hang on - you've only just released that! Need to check what I'm currently on and then do some testing. :)

Edited by GrotShot

Nick's MCE

it's really easy to do that you just need to create a copy of dark or light view eg. darkcopy.mcml and start the experiments that they fit on your personal taste!

Actually I have been trying to change the colors but it isn't working. I did it in Neo with no problem but for some reason it is not changing in ROC. ROC is currently having a red colour for the text and all d\so the focus background on dvd's, I was wanting to change this  but can't seem to do it. Could it be because I am using a trial version.

leedavies

Actually I have been trying to change the colors but it isn't working. I did it in Neo with no problem but for some reason it is not changing in ROC. ROC is currently having a red colour for the text and all d\so the focus background on dvd's, I was wanting to change this  but can't seem to do it. Could it be because I am using a trial version.

This is how to change colors and create your own skins in ROC and Crystal - both work the same way...

Look in the MB plugins configuration folder and you'll see folders for both ROC and Crystal, with a skins folder inside each of those folders. The text files in there contain all the colors and styles setup for all the skins. Just copy the file for the skin that's closest to what you want to end up with, give it a name of whatever you fancy and it will automatically appear as an available skin in that themes settings page.

Beware... Currently,each time you start up ROC or Crystal, they will put the default versions of all the shipped skins into that folder, they dont do any version checking or look to see if you've made any tweaks to them. It's just a blind wallop.

Any extra skin files you've added will be left untouched. It's just the standard skins that get blindly updated during every startup.

So you can't CHANGE the default skins right now, but you can make your own skins and have those however you want!

leedavies

All fixed for you in 1.0.2.0 ?

leedavies

I can confirm this as my partner, who doesn't really do tech and expects stuff to just work, had a hissy last night when we were scanning for a film to watch! The up / down seems unresponsive after a while both with a Harmony remote and a wireless keyboard.

braddles69

Hi, Quick question, I have "Show weather" box checked, but I just have a tiny circle showing on the EHS. In dashboard client settings I have Sydney, NSW, Australia, but have also tried just Sydney, Australia, any help, am I missing something?

Thanks

Nick's MCE

Dev

Thanks for this, I will try tonight. By the way I just luv your work, it really is something awesome.

GrotShot

A quick test last night seemed positive though I did see some flicking back and forth when pressing P to get to movies starting with that letter. I'll do more testing and report back. Keep up the good work

In the recently added screen I see multiple items and I would like this to be just one item. I prefer to only see the episode frames since it is called recently added items. With new added series I see the logo, season folder and episode frame of that new serie.

A request for me would be to add a recently added items that have internal and or external subtiles available in the EHS. For me this would be really helpfull item because I'm Dutch and always watch episodes that subtitles available.  Is that possible?

Backdrops for recently added items is not working 100%. I see only one background when scrolling over the new items. It only appears when I stop at the logo thumb when there is one.

Also clearart in recently added would be a nice thing.

Add the clearlogo above the episode text.

ROC%20recently%20added%20with%20subs%20r

ROC%20recently%20added%20with%20subs%20r

Edited by heula

Posted this issue in the wrong topic I saw.

After deleting an episode ROC doesn’t select the next episode but the last episode so instead of going down it goes up. This is in 1.0.2.0 still the case.

I have used the same images as I have used at the old forum so the arrow on the right can be ignored as this already fixed.

Thanks for all fixes and adding the feature requests. Works great so far.

525b8ead4dd46_ROCissues.jpg