embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

clarkss12

I am setting up a new Android TV box that I received yesterday.  I installed Kodi and added your "EXPERIMENTAL VERSION 6.1.6-build 74 (ex5)".  Took 3 hours to scan my media, which is usual, BUT after it scanned the TV shows, it started scanning again.  Still scanning, so will watch if it re-scans again........

Never had this happen before.

DiscoDuck79
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

btw how long does a complete DB resync take? Some users reports long syncs, I cannot confirm that. With LAN (not wlan) and a more or less powerfull emby server it's quite fast.

I have ~39k mkv files in my library, around 1h 20min for a sync. Bottleneck is on the client side for me.

knewknow

I find this sync speed interesting. I use an Apple TV and I sync my 16.9k mkv library in 3-4 minutes from a 10 year old Intel Atom server running Emby. That little ATV box is a serious beast... too bad it requires a ton of hoops to jump through to get Kodi working on it, and makes things difficult for @quickmicto support. Many thanks again...

quickmic
1 hour ago, clarkss12 said:

I am setting up a new Android TV box that I received yesterday.  I installed Kodi and added your "EXPERIMENTAL VERSION 6.1.6-build 74 (ex5)".  Took 3 hours to scan my media, which is usual, BUT after it scanned the TV shows, it started scanning again.  Still scanning, so will watch if it re-scans again........

Never had this happen before.

Did you accidentally add the lib again via plugin menu etc? Lib syncs are queued on selection no matter if they are already selected.

clarkss12
22 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Did you accidentally add the lib again via plugin menu etc? Lib syncs are queued on selection no matter if they are already selected.

I am not sure what you are saying.  

All I did was install your newest addon, on a brand new system.  First time install and first time scan.   Still scanning for second time.  Will report back if it starts a scan a third time.  But, I may have accidentally  done something wrong.

quickmic
14 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

I am not sure what you are saying.  

All I did was install your newest addon, on a brand new system.  First time install and first time scan.   Still scanning for second time.  Will report back if it starts a scan a third time.  But, I may have accidentally  done something wrong.

Well if the sync is in progress, you could add additional libraries to sync via plugin menu -> manage libraries. This queues sync jobs and could result in a double sync. Would be an edge case of course.

clarkss12
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Well if the sync is in progress, you could add additional libraries to sync via plugin menu -> manage libraries. This queues sync jobs and could result in a double sync. Would be an edge case of course.

It finished the last sync, and worked after that.  No issues at all on this latest test version.

Again, great job.

quickmic

New version available 6.1.6-build 95 (ex9)

delta changelog:

- improve stability
- some minor bugfixes
- fix movie specials

This version is not very well tested!

Keep an eye on cpu load.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

t123thomas

I think someone have reported this issue when I add new media files to the server while Kodi is active e4k will not sync until I restarted Kodi then it will update with new files added to the server I wonder if you have time to fixed the bug

Thanks

quickmic
30 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

I think someone have reported this issue when I add new media files to the server while Kodi is active e4k will not sync until I restarted Kodi then it will update with new files added to the server I wonder if you have time to fixed the bug

Thanks

If you have problems, please test the websocket connection first (send msg from Emby to Kodi).

If this works, it's usually still not a simple sync issue.

You can test: Start Kodi, add content and it will work. I would be surprised if not.

Must be something else, could be a sleep mode issue, a long term running Kodi issue, network dropped issue, Server rebooted issue, server reconnect issue... something like that. I'm almost sure a straight test will work, please check that.

If not, please send me a kodi.log

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic
6 minutes ago, Onana said:

Hi

Duplicated entries still happening.

6251D606-AF81-45BA-B3CF-0E2019ED6237.thumb.jpeg.536840ea2c5c64feb3af503f7dcc3381.jpeg97BCFF99-1404-43BB-94FA-088B302CAEA9.thumb.png.8c3b709c7a5a4b3199fca275a8d857b6.png

ok, can you please describe how you did that.

I mean as accurate as possible: Was Kodi online or offline, what was the folder structure, have you modified the meta data something like that. Are you using the latest version with a clean DB.

I really need exact instructions to design a test case. It cannot be a simple case, cause I tested dozens variations in each and every possible way I could think of and nothing was  causing this issue.

Edited by quickmic

Ok, I try (my English is not very good)

kodi was online ( I was watching tv)

yes version 6.1.6 build 74. I even uninstalled old one first. Clean cache of kodi and installed this new one.

folder structure is normal:

tvshows/show/season/files

A new file was added, and a better version replaced that one.

all this while I was watching tv.

In kodi when I stop watching tv and go to see the new updated entries, notice that entry duplicated.

quickmic
4 minutes ago, Onana said:

Ok, I try (my English is not very good)

kodi was online ( I was watching tv)

yes version 6.1.6 build 74. I even uninstalled old one first. Clean cache of kodi and installed this new one.

folder structure is normal:

tvshows/show/season/files

A new file was added, and a better version replaced that one.

all this while I was watching tv.

In kodi when I stop watching tv and go to see the new updated entries, notice that entry duplicated.

This is still not accurate enough. I performed such simple tests dozens of times. How was the metadata on Emby server before, how after. Was the season info of the corresponding subfolder/seasonfolder on Emby server inconsistent with the season info detected by file.

When did you sync Emby server or are you using realtime detection. How did you watch on Kodi, was it a single content or did do you use Kodi autoplay next episode -> was there a overlapping in Kodi playback.

quickmic

How was the TV-Season structure? Was it a single episode of a season, or multiple episodes assigned to a season. Did the TV-Shows have multiple seasons... All such things are important. Was the files renamed or replaced, are you using nfo's. Did you delete the nfo when episode was replaced...

As mentioned. I really need all the details.

t123thomas
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

If you have problems, please test the websocket connection first (send msg from Emby to Kodi).

If this works, it's usually still not a simple sync issue.

You can test: Start Kodi, add content and it will work. I would be surprised if not.

Must be something else, could be a sleep mode issue, a long term running Kodi issue, network dropped issue, Server rebooted issue, server reconnect issue... something like that. I'm almost sure a straight test will work, please check that.

If not, please send me a kodi.log

working now thanks

• Like 1

quickmic
6 hours ago, t123thomas said:

working now thanks

If the problem appears again, let me know and send me the kodi.log.

quickmic

New experimental version available: 6.1.6-build 103 (ex10)

Delta changelog

- fix multiserver issues
- fix threading lock issues

t123thomas
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

New experimental version available: 6.1.6-build 103 (ex10)

Delta changelog

- fix multiserver issues
- fix threading lock issues

what is threading lock issues and how to test this function 

quickmic
14 hours ago, t123thomas said:

what is threading lock issues and how to test this function 

Hard to test, usually happens in edge cases when multiple sync threads are queued. Most likely you never experienced that sort of problems.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:02 AM, quickmic said:

I'll check that. How did you add the Genre? Usually I use the Emby server metadata manager, but there I cannot "add" movies to a Genre.

I can add a Genre to a movie but seems you are doing something different.

Sorry for the late reply, I manually go to the movie and edit its genre on the server yes.

By the way I think I found a compatibility issue with dashboard and direct play on Emby For Kodi, it's not showing the remote controls:

HrTNOoZ.jpg

I've been advised into posting it here, but the original thread:

• Like 1

quickmic
19 hours ago, djhifi said:

Sorry for the late reply, I manually go to the movie and edit its genre on the server yes.

By the way I think I found a compatibility issue with dashboard and direct play on Emby For Kodi, it's not showing the remote controls:

HrTNOoZ.jpg

I've been advised into posting it here, but the original thread:

Thanks, I'll check both issues.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 7:00 PM, quickmic said:

New version available: 6.1.6-build 74 (ex5)

delta changelog:

- fix Xbian filecopy permission issue
- unify playsession Id
- player callbacks threaded
- fix nodes
- fix settings load
- add option to modify last synced date
- fix series removal/inconsistencies

Comment:

Due to changes in the db records, it's recommended to resync TVShows or rebuild the complete DB.

last synced date: Don't set this value if there is no good reason. It's actually a debug option, and DON'T set it to long in the past. This could result in VERY long syncs! Couple days is usually more than enough, once again. Don't touch it, if there is no reason and you know what you are doing!

@tube82

This version has a bit different (more elegant) approach fixing the episode issue as the one I send you via PM. If you still have problems, please try this version.

Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to try the version for a few days before giving feedback. I didn't experience the double episode problem again, so it appears to be fixed. Thanks!

• Like 1