MB Plus Discussion

ebr

Server Version 3.0.5373.43073

MB Plus Version 1.0.2.3

When ever I try to add a smart playlist to one of my categories it always places the item as undefined for the title. I have this on two systems but had smith do it on his system and it works fine with properly labeled name. What am i dong wrong, we even teamviewered and created the same playlist with same criteria, his got a label and mine didn't. I even upgraded to the developer server since he was on that version which is the only reason I'm on that version #.

Different browsers perhaps?

• Like 2

I'm trying to add to EHS MBPlus, additional channels but the only available from configuration MBServer-MBplus it's "Trailers".

How add anothers channels they are not Trailers for MB Classic?

Regards

Only channels that support retrieving recent content can be added as tile groups (because, without that, there is nothing to show in the group) in MB Plus.  What channels do you have besides Trailers?

Different browsers perhaps?

Confirmed. Works fine in Chrome, problem exists in Firefox.

Do you need a log of some sort?

Edited by BAS
  • Like 1

Currently apart Trailers Beeg use.

Also I have the problem that if the disks are in sleep, MediaBrowser hangs when I click on a movie of EHS.
No problem if I click on the folder that makes booting disks and after a few seconds shows the folder movies

https://www.firedrive.com/file/8481A2BE5BB64070

Edited by ireme

Confirmed. Works fine in Chrome, problem exists in Firefox.

Do you need a log of some sort?

Does FF have any sort of debug console like Chrome does?  If so, try it and show me what shows up in there.

Currently apart Trailers Beeg use.

Also I have the problem that if the disks are in sleep, MediaBrowser hangs when I click on a movie of EHS.

No problem if I click on the folder that makes booting disks and after a few seconds shows the folder movies.

https://www.firedrive.com/file/8481A2BE5BB64070

If the drive is asleep there is nothing the system can do except wait for it to spin up.

Does FF have any sort of debug console like Chrome does?  If so, try it and show me what shows up in there.

It does but I have no idea what I'm looking for it appears to a rather lengthy list.

Edited by BAS

AgileHumor

Paused a series of random TV near the very end of program (20 seconds left) in MBC\MBPlus.  I then hit back and navigated/played a movie from MBC.  20 seconds into the movie the playback stopped and the next MBPlus program in the sequence played.

Should I have used the stop button vs pause to solve this?

Not an issue for me personally, but want to report issues as they pop up. 

Edited by AgileHumor

AgileHumor

Because Square is doing something special to obtain that information and it doesn't understand the contents of the MB Plus item.

Can you abstract to something Square or other themes are expecting that pull up a selection (typically random)?    It would be nice to show Random TV, Next Up, and Smartlists in that selection. 

Or, is this specific to square only any not other themes?

I guess I love the features MBPlus provides (Random Watched TV, Smart Lists to play Daily TV (Conan, Tonight Show, Daily Show, Colbert) with latest unwatched first, Binge watching programs)...but really like the Square UI (and that is the family's easiest per them and switching is problematic).

Sorry to bring this up again...just curious if I tried other themes I would get the features I'm looking for.

Edited by AgileHumor

Paused a series of random TV near the very end of program (20 seconds left) in MBC\MBPlus.  I then hit back and navigated/played a movie from MBC.  20 seconds into the movie the playback stopped and the next MBPlus program in the sequence played.

Should I have used the stop button vs pause to solve this?

Not an issue for me personally, but want to report issues as they pop up. 

That is a situation I'm sure I've never tested and, yes, I assume stopping the previous program would avoid it.

Can you abstract to something Square or other themes are expecting that pull up a selection (typically random)?    It would be nice to show Random TV, Next Up, and Smartlists in that selection. 

Or, is this specific to square only any not other themes?

I guess I love the features MBPlus provides (Random Watched TV, Smart Lists to play Daily TV (Conan, Tonight Show, Daily Show, Colbert) with latest unwatched first, Binge watching programs)...but really like the Square UI (and that is the family's easiest per them and switching is problematic).

Sorry to bring this up again...just curious if I tried other themes I would get the features I'm looking for.

I'm not sure exactly what square is doing but it is probably making standard API calls to the server to produce some of that info - which will never work with MB Plus.  I would be willing to work with ST to try and see if anything could be done specific to MB Plus if he wants to try it.

AgileHumor

I'm not sure exactly what square is doing but it is probably making standard API calls to the server to produce some of that info - which will never work with MB Plus.  I would be willing to work with ST to try and see if anything could be done specific to MB Plus if he wants to try it.

Gotcha, I assumed incorrectly that all "extras" like MBPlus, Channels, etc expose this data to the theme. 

"All Movies" is just that - all movies regardless of their physical location.  What you are showing the configuration for, however, is not the All Movies view - it is your actual "Movies" media folder and that should contain only what that media folder contains.

Now, having said that, there is a way for MB Plus to exclude items from the All Movies view.  On the profile configuration page for each profile there are two sets of "Ignore Folders".  The second set are "View Ignore Folders".  Any physical location you put in there will be excluded from the views like All Movies.

Thanks for clarifying that, I've now added the "View Ignore Folders." But after rebooting a couple of times on both server and clients, the excluded movies/files still show up under the "All Movies" view. Is there some kind of a manual refresh that I have to do?

Thanks for clarifying that, I've now added the "View Ignore Folders." But after rebooting a couple of times on both server and clients, the excluded movies/files still show up under the "All Movies" view. Is there some kind of a manual refresh that I have to do?

No, it will rebuild automatically.  You have to be sure you reference the folders exactly the same way they are defined in the library...

Can you add TV series name to Smart Lists (in addition to studio, actor, etc)?

I don't think the filter below will get me my daily TV fix in a single smartlists.  It's more of an 'or' vs an 'and'

Includes Any of These Actors...

John Stewart, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Conan, Conan O'Brien, Bill Mahr, Bill O'Reilly

Includes Any of These Directors...

Includes Any of These Genres...

Includes Any of These Studios...

Comedy Central, HBO, TBS, NBC

I currently get Girls (on HBO, but don't include those actors), Southpark (on Comedy Central, but don't include those actors)

The beta I just put up (1.0.2.4) now has Names as smart list criteria.

You can enter multiple strings.

You can enter exact names or you can use '*' as a wildcard.

* at the beginning will match anything with a name ending in the string you enter

* at the end will match anything beginning with the string you enter

* at both beginning and end will match anything that contains the string you enter

e.g:

Boardwalk* - matches "Boardwalk Empire"

*Practice - matches "The Practice" and "Everything requires Practice"

*pra* - matches "The Practice" and "The Sopranos" etc.

The matching is not case-sensitive.

AgileHumor

Thanks EBR, I just updated.

A couple issues to report:

* Even with "Include Watched Items" unchecked, my TV smartlist shows watched and unwatched episodes. 

* Your text says "ll of the following criteria must match for an item to be selected. The more of them you specify the fewer items will match."  This doesn't seem to be implemented this way.  The current logic is OR vs AND in my tests for TV.  For example, having actors John Oliver + John Stewart and networks HBO and Comedy Central still brings up an unrelated show "Girls" (also on HBO).

* Can it be sorted to play the latest first?

Edited by AgileHumor

You'll need to give me a specific example of what you think isn't matching properly including the metadata for those items and a server log when the list was built.  The items within each criteria (within actors, or genres) are ORed and each criteria (names, actors, genres) are ANDed - or at least they should be.

Playing the latest first doesn't make sense in 99% of TV show situations...

AgileHumor

1.  Does your TV smartlist show watched episodes (when "include watched items" unchecked) or just mine?   I stall can't get just unwatched episodes.   It starts at episode 1 for me. 

2. I can't repro the issue :) It's also possible that I had a lot of actors, and some of them unknowingly had a cameo in the series on the same network.

3. That's cool.  No change needed if it doesn't make sense for the masses.   For daily shows (Conan, Daily Show, etc) I like to watch in reverse order.

AgileHumor

Thanks sir!  

I have more feedback as I'm testing as my primary theme. No urgency.

4. When MB+ is theme/ehs, it won't show an icon to watch full screen in the top right if MBC was closed and re-entered.  You have to exit back to WMC and go to now playing.

5. When "Media Folder" tiles are added, can you deduplicate the content from Suggested.  In my case, I have the following order:

Smart Lists, Suggested, TV (Media Folder), Documentaries (Media Folder).

However, I see a lot of the same content duplicated in Suggested and (TV or Documentaries) that are right next to each other.

6. Can you make the "Media Folder" tiles numbers configurable.  Currently fixed at 6.

AgileHumor

Yeah, smart lists were ignoring that setting.  1.0.2.5 should fix it.  Thanks.

Latest version 1.0.2.5 fixed watch issue.  Thanks mucho!

Edited by AgileHumor

AgileHumor

7.  This is weird one...as I could swear it used to work.  Media Folder tiles are shown in the TV screen with x unwatched items as expected...but clicking on Media Folder tile show always brings up "No Items Found" using TV.