MB Plus Discussion

ebr

This might be a suggestion, and if so I'll post it there.  Is there a way to give Next Up more weight or make its own tile group?  Ideally, when I start Emby classic I want Next Up to be the default icon so I can click OK and start playing.  The only way I have found to do so is to turn off "Show Views" and limit the Suggestions to 1 tile.

Thanks again.

Are you talking about MB Plus?  Sounds like maybe you're talking about just stock MBC...

MB Plus will allow you to do this BTW.

For MediaBrower Classic (Emby Classic) I have images for music genres in the MusicGenre subfolder of ImagesByName. That works. It appears that MB Plus expects the music genres to be in the Genre subfolder. Of course I have movie genre images there. Should I copy all the MusicGenre folders into Genre. If so, how do I handle genres for which there are both movies and music (comedy, for instance)?

inzombyac

Are you talking about MB Plus?  Sounds like maybe you're talking about just stock MBC...

MB Plus will allow you to do this BTW.

Sorry I was unclear.  I am talking about MBC with MB Plus as the EHS.  If you have views enabled and TV Series is the first tab, the default focus will land on the "tv shows" icon.  I would like to be able to make the default focus be on Next Up.  The only way I have found to do so is to disable "Show Views" which moves focus to the "Suggestions" area.  If I then set the tile count for Suggestions to 1, Next Up becomes primary.  What I would like to be able to do is either change the default focus tile or make Next Up the first tile in the Suggestions area.  Otherwise, you need to extra clicks in order to get to the Next Up icon.  See my crude screen shot for more details:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ouj33dot47l8p5k/Default.png?dl=0

Okay well, not at this point, sorry.

MB Plus is really designed so that the suggestions should be what you most likely want to see next (at least that is the goal).

I found that if I include an "&" in a category name (e.g., Movies & TV), when I try to set up the parameters for the category, MB Plus just sits and spins forever. I believe it is because "&" is a special character in xml and needs special handling when used in a text field. I don't know if you want to restrict the use of "&" in a name or fix the xml to handle it. Obviously, it's easy to get around once one understands what is happening.

• 3 months later...
braddles69

Hey ebr, Just started using MB Plus, and while I get used to it, I am still on my Legacy browsing, one thing though, I have specific backdrops for my EHS, and as I use MB Plus it is sitting as an icon on the EHS, but is using the theme (ROC) background, can you point me to MB Plus folder location where I could drop in my custom background so it matches with the rest of backgrounds, I have looked in imagesbyname but can't see it there.

Is this possible? Thanks

I'm not 100% sure if it will work but you'd need to create a folder under "General" that matches the name of the item on the EHS (which should be "MBPlus") and put the backdrop in there.

braddles69

Thanks, got it, folder under MBS/root/MBplus/fanart  did the trick;)

Edit...NM that worked but also created an empty folder MBPlus at the end of myEHS....

Edited by braddles69

Thanks, got it, folder under MBS/root/MBplus/fanart  did the trick;)

Really...?

I'm afraid that may have some other bad side-effects so you better be sure you don't have a dead "MBPlus" folder showing up in other clients...

• 3 weeks later...
robcur

Hi, noob Emby user, just migrated from MyMovies. I'm running Version 3.0.5675.1 on the server.

I'd like to try out MB Plus, but I've run into a chicken/egg that's probably because I've missed something obvious to experienced MB users.

The MB Plus intro forum post says, install the server plug-in first, then the client app.

In my Emby server browser interface, under plugins -->Catalog --> Emby Classic, the page describing the MB Plus Classic plugin says

"This plug must be installed from with in [sic] the app you intend to use it in."

Is there a different location I should be looking for the MB Plus Server plugin? It's not showing anywhere in Plugins --> Catalog --> Server.

MrWebsmith

you are correct... im not seeing the server side piece in the catalog right now...   @@ebr

you will need the server plugin (where you can setup your groups..create smartlists..the works!

AND

you will need to go into the settings area WITHIN the emby classic (wmc) client... and install the plugin for the emby classic app also... they work together as you've surmised above.

(welcome btw!)

Edited by MrWebsmith

Oops.  I hid the server piece but forgot to hide the EMC plug-in...

Its in a bit of limbo right now.  I just haven't had any time to work on it or bring it to any platforms other than EMC.  So, for now, I've taken it out of the catalog.

If you already have it then it should continue to work just fine.

• 3 weeks later...
bxsteez

Its in a bit of limbo right now.  I just haven't had any time to work on it or bring it to any platforms other than EMC.  So, for now, I've taken it out of the catalog.

If you already have it then it should continue to work just fine.

Is there a way to side load?  I just built another htpc and would like MBplus functionality.  It kinda sucks since it's an app I paid for.  

• 1 month later...

Thx. Stupid question though: Where do I put the MB Plus DLL?

Each of them goes in the "plugins" folder under their respective data folders (server and emc).

Starlionblue

Each of them goes in the "plugins" folder under their respective data folders (server and emc).

Thx. Tried that but still doesn't work. I put it in %appdata%\roaming\Emby-Classic\Plugins\

I have confirmed it is on the server.

Thx. Tried that but still doesn't work. I put it in %appdata%\roaming\Emby-Classic\Plugins\

I have confirmed it is on the server.

That's not where Emby-Classic lives.  In fact, you would have had to actually create a "Plugins" folder there.

ProgramData\Emby-Classic\Plugins