MB Plus Discussion

ebr

Can you investigate that series using the web client and editor?  It almost looks like you actually have it defined twice.  Like some seasons are in one location and others are in another.  Is that the case?

"More" Buttons

The next release of the server and mbc Betas will include the addition of "more" buttons to some tile groups - a la XBOne.  These will appear at the bottom of tile groups that have the opportunity to show more information than just the tiles shown.

For example, if you attach a media folder to a category, in the current version MB Plus will make the last tile a link to the entire folder.  Now, instead, you get six (or however many you configured) full tiles and a "More" button that takes you to the entire folder.

5372335c17970_mbpmore1.png

I think this is a little more intuitive and it also gives us the opportunity to create other, useful, "more" links - like on the "Latest" group.  That more button will now take you to a view of all of those items sorted by last added content.

537233a8afe61_mbpmore2.png

This will be showing up in version 0.1.0.9 of both plug-ins (you'll need to update both) sometime today.

• Like 2

seanbuff

Can you investigate that series using the web client and editor?  It almost looks like you actually have it defined twice.  Like some seasons are in one location and others are in another.  Is that the case?

Nope I don't have that show defined twice anywhere. Not to worry though, it seems to have gone away for now, testing 0.1.0.9 -- looking good, thx  ;)

The next update will include an option to show a "Resume" group on movie categories.  If enabled, the resume group will always be first.

This view only makes sense for movies because the Suggested TV channels already take care of any in-progress TV.

53736e524950e_mbpresume.png

• Like 3

Aussiedroid

Hey @@ebr .. just wanted to get back to you and say that everything is working fine in the All TV/Movies views now with my Docos since your update  .. Many Thanks!! Oh and the resume function looks great too! :)

• Like 1

Tanamur

Hi @@ebr - There is no great drama here for me on this issue since my HP Mediasmart extenders are going to be retiring soon however, MB Plus does not seem to inherit the overscan settings. By this I mean I have adjusted the overscan which works fine for Rush, Chocolate and Subdued but the MB+ "home" screen does not extend to the edges. Are you seeing this on other extenders? Thanks, Tanamur

I don't have any extenders anymore but I'm not sure why that would be the case.  I am referencing those settings on the home page.

Tanamur

I don't have any extenders anymore but I'm not sure why that would be the case.  I am referencing those settings on the home page.

Thanks @ebr 

Aussiedroid

Hey ebr,

Noticed a couple more things to report back. 

1) The resume screen seems to link different versions of the same movie to the resume tiles. For example, I partially watched The Hobbit, but this came up in the resume section as two entries. One for the Bluray mkv version and one for the 3D version. Both share the same xml references like the IMDB number etc (as there is no separate ones for 3D versions) but do have different name descriptors, file names and locations. Both seem to have the same resume % too. Also results in duplication in the suggested section.

2) Noticed a couple of times in Latest section under TV that it doesnt pick up the correct 'latest' files. For example, I added the latest episode of Game of Thrones, it updated and appeared in the Latest selection but on pressing it, it will show episode 1 of season 1 -> to end of season 1 . These are already watched. The one episode that wasnt watched yet and recent added was not in the list to select.

3) Created a view for Star Trek TV shows to add into the custom view menu of TV section. The only filter/specification I applied when creating it was to add a genre filter just for 'Star Trek' which is one of my custom genres I have. Everything else I have left blank/default. It will not show up in my custom view tiles and can't figure out what I may have done wrong. Basically just wanted to create a random selection from all the Star Trek shows in my collection. Could I be doing something wrong?

4) I have my Documentaries setup in a separate view (as you already know). It shows the main view of 6 tiles with a selection of genres as expected plus the Custom view now, but doesn't show the tiles like 'All Docos', 'Genres' etc. Not sure if that is a glitch, not implemented or designed that way? Would be great to have these appearing in the custom groups like this to keep the functions across the views the same. Likewise I haven't tested resume via my custom Docos view but assume this may not register/appear in custom sections?

5) Occasionally I am hitting an issue where I cannot play a file from the detail view. For example, if I go to Latest TV and find this week's episode of a show. On pressing it to navigate to the Theme's details view it will crash MBC. Seems to keep reoccuring once I see it. The only way I have found to get around it is to navigate into one of my collections (say via All TV view) and start a file playing there. Once one file (any file) has been played, starting other files via the detail view selection (ie Latest) works fine. It seems to be a bit random so far and I cannot find why it is occuring but seems to happen after I restart my MC machine and haven't accessed a file on my NAS. Sometimes its fine and works, other times I need to play a TV/Movie first then MBPlus links into the theme details view properly. Its not crashing on playing the file, it is crashing between transitions from the MBPlus details view to the Breeze Theme details view. Any ideas?

Thanks mate!

MrWebsmith

1- is functionally in line with the server/web client.. so although "unexpected" its correct as the devs have intended the rest of the mb suite to work. This, among other positives, lets you take that copy of The Hobbit and change its folder name/move drives/etcetc without loosing the watched status in the way that MB2 used to.  The downside is as you state, this happens to me with the any multiple version film i have ...2d/3d... starwars original/altered etcetc... to confirm this just look and see in the web client that the resume tiles will be duplicated there too

3- can you post screen caps of your mbplus config for that?.. so we'd need a shot of the star trek custom channel, and a shot of the tv overall interface where you've added that as a custom channel

5 - havent seen that behavior myself yet... can you reproduce this situation and provide logs for both the server and the mbc client machine when that has happened? or if not easy to "reproduce on demand"... can you remember the next time it happens to grab some logs and post back here?

ill let ebr comment on 2/4 as im really not sure.. and hopefully if ive steered you wrong on any of my thoughts above he will also correct them ;)

• Like 1

1 - This is really how the server works that is causing this.  We track user information (like play status) by global IDs not physical files. So if you play any copy of The Hobbit, all of them will show the playback status.  MB Plus should probably weed this out so it doesn't show two but there is no way to know which actual version you were playing so it may pick the wrong one.

@@Luke - Maybe we should include the ID of the last played item in the user data...

2 - This is how MB Plus channels work.  It isn't trying to necessarily show you the last thing that was added to a particular series because you could be watching that series at a point far in front of the last item added.  The MB Plus channels generate based on the last episode you actually watched.  So, the question is, what was the last episode of 'Game of Thrones' that was actually watched via any MB 3 client by this same user?

3 - To diagnose this, I'll need to see your server log and MBPlus.xml file.

4 - I may need a picture to fully understand, but the custom categories don't have any special views because they cannot know from where to draw those views.  If you create a "Movies" or "TV" category, then the system can show you views of those types.  But "Custom" has nothing from which to draw from.

5 - Sounds like an incompatibility with Breeze.  Can you please follow the instructions in "How to Report a Problem" and find the error in the windows event log when this happens?

• Like 1

Aussiedroid

Thanks for the replies ebr & MrWebsmith. I'll try and get what you need over the weekend. 

Re: 1) Cool, wasnt sure if it was a glitch or to the design so to speak, but understand.

Re: 2) Oh ok ebr, I thought it would only show the latest - good to know. Only one user on the system, and generally watch all the episodes via same system. I watched some behind the scenes from the Season 0 folder after last episode (think it was the last unwatched ones in there too).

Re: 3) I'll get on to it :)

Re: 4) Thanks I will grab a screenie for you.

Re: 5) Thanks both of you. I'll report next time and see if I can get the logs for you. I havent tried another theme at this stage since its only occasionally happening but I will see if I can narrow it down.

Cheers.

MrWebsmith

aussie

number 2 has happened to me twice recently.. both instances i watched a portion of the series.. then watched a special of some type... then noticed the issue.. the simplest fix is to go to the last episode you watched before watching the special.. so in my case lets say it was

8x24 of "24" the show..

then 

pre-season 9 special of "24"

then i wanted to see 9x01 as up next.. but i saw, like you, 1x1-1xXX...

so i had to start and then skip ahead to the end of 8x24 again... just JUMP to past your completed percentage.. like hit 40 + play button to jump to 40 mins mark.. etc

then mbc/mbplus will refresh and youll have the proper order for next up ie..

9x1, 9x2 etc

its a quirk but so far for me it only has happened when i confuse it by running a special in the middle of progressing through the series

Okay, so it is the special watching that is throwing it off.  I'll see if I can address that.

Also, I can change it so that - if no "last watched" episode is found, it starts the channel at the first un-watched one instead of the first overall one.

• Like 1

Can either of you guys reproduce this issue at will?

If you can, please do it and then let me know.  Then I'll get you an updated dll and we'll see if it handles it better.

MrWebsmith

well i can hunt through for other shows that i can watch a mid-series special for... option 1...

option 2 is i can see if i unwatch the special for game of thrones or for 24 and see if i can get it to happen again... for ease ill start by trying option 2.. i should be able to test this from here

MrWebsmith

ebr

yep i can repro this by simply ctrl w on the special... so its unwatched again... (this is the 24 sequence i describe above..we havent started s09 yet..)

then i watched (by skipping through..) the special ep in mbc player (internal)

then mbplus added the series to the suggested top tile as expected but with s01e01 as the "next up" ep

want log? want another test? otherwise i'm ready for a test dll

Replace your server dll with this one.  Re-start the server, and see what your 24 channel looks like then.

MrWebsmith

so leave the channel "unfixed" before i give it the dll, right?  you want the dll to fix it, NOT the workaround of re-watching the 8x24 ep

edit: no change after restarting server with the new dll and reloading mbc..

.getting the logs now.. will post them asap

mbc log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/grp43pylrh7ep8n/mbc24newdll1.log

and mbs log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/av0qxyty02jjbcj/servernewmbplus1.txt

ill leave it in the unfixed state, but let me know if youd rather i fixed it with the workaround and see if your dll PREVENTS it from occurring again next time instead.... not sure which approach you're trying for

Edited by MrWebsmith

Are all the episodes of 24 up to the new ones you haven't seen marked watched?

MrWebsmith

yes.. the special and all of seasons 1-8 are watched in web client and in mbc.. in fact if i drill into the "incorrect" channel mbplus and go to the details page for the 1x1 ep it shows "played" under the image.. (chocolate theme on .165)

mbguy

Sorry for this dumb question, how do I "turn on" MBPlus on my Media Browser Client? After installing MBPlus 0.1.1.4 and restarting server, when I run Media Browser Client, it doesn't go to MBPlus at all.

Under Media Browser server > Plugins > MBPlus, it says "default profile will be used for any user that isn't assinged to a different one." Is there something else that I need to do?

update: nevermind, it turns out I need an admin account on MBC to install the plugin directly, now it works!

Edited by mbguy

seanbuff

2) Noticed a couple of times in Latest section under TV that it doesnt pick up the correct 'latest' files. For example, I added the latest episode of Game of Thrones, it updated and appeared in the Latest selection but on pressing it, it will show episode 1 of season 1 -> to end of season 1 . These are already watched. The one episode that wasnt watched yet and recent added was not in the list to select.

No.2 is also affecting me too, and funnily enough with Game of Thrones as well. The entire series is 'watched' and up to date, but whenever a new episode is dropped in, it shows up in 'Suggested' which are the shows i'm currently watching, not 'Latest'....however, it actually shows a channel full watched episodes from Season 1, starting with Episode 1. Weird.

In fact, as of this weeks episode, it actually didn't even show up as a suggested episode to watch, I had to view it via the old methods.

I have not watched any 'Specials' in between, I actually don't even have any, i'm just purely watching weekly episodes in succession.

MrWebsmith

Seanbuff

Use the metadata editor and look at each of your GoT seasons with it... In my case the specials season had no value in the "season number" data field.. It shouldve been zero of course since it was the specials folder... In your case im wondering if the current season is missing this value or something.

Let us know what you find either way as its an active mbplus issue were working on nailing down..

-mws