MB Plus Discussion

ebr

Then re-start it a couple times so that the MB Plus plug-in has a chance to update to the new version as well and you should be fine.

bxsteez

Then re-start it a couple times so that the MB Plus plug-in has a chance to update to the new version as well and you should be fine.

And you are the man once again!  It worked fine once everything updated.  Thanks.  MBplus almost has me wanting to drop cable all together. 

AgileHumor

FYI, I updated to 217 build with MBPlus already installed...and MBPlus plugin disappeared.  I just added back from the catalog but FYI if it happens to others.

Edited by AgileHumor

HI, just installed MB Plus and I really like the new EHS.  I do have an issue with watched episodes (the last season) showing up on Suggestions and Latest lists with two of my series (one in Suggestions and one in Latest). 

I've checked the meta data for the series and episodes and the only issue that I saw was the new season that just kicked off for each was missing the ID from TheTVDB.  I inserted them, saved and did a refresh.  Neither of them are grabbing the metadata for the new seasons.  One is Last Man Standing (Season 4) and the other is The Vampire Diaries (season 6).

Both the prior seasons were marked manually as watched when I first setup MB3 a couple of weeks ago.

MB Plus 1.0.3.2

MB Server 3.0.5390.25829

Sounds like two different things going on here but as a clarification MB Plus doesn't care if you've watched an episode or not.  It builds suggested playlists based on the last episode you watched.  It doesn't matter if you've watched it and all the others before, if you watch season 2 episode 4 the playlist is going to start at season 2 episode 5 because it assumes that's the next thing you want to see.

@@ebr any chance you can add in the weather?  If I missed an option, let me know.  It's shows without MB Plus on Chocolate but doesn't show up in MB Plus and I don't see an option to enable.  Would fit nicely in the bottom right corner.

Is there anyway to stop it from asking if I want to proceed to the next item in the list? 

Other than turning off the auto advance, no.  Unfortunately, it is very difficult to know if you stopped something and are finished and want to move on vs something just finished and you want to go to the next one.  The most reliable way to cover both scenarios is to have the dialog.

If you just do nothing, the next item will play in about 10 seconds.

@@ebr any chance you can add in the weather?  If I missed an option, let me know.  It's shows without MB Plus on Chocolate but doesn't show up in MB Plus and I don't see an option to enable.  Would fit nicely in the bottom right corner.

Maybe.  Anyone else..?

390x99xdsa

I have question - are playlists in MB Plus (from within MB Classic) supposed to play the next item in the play list when auto advanace is checked in the settings?  I can't get any playlist to play the next item.  I select the Playlist from the MBPlus and it shows the covers for the movies in the playlist.  There are no controls. So I click on anyone item and it opens the normal movie information screen, with Play, People and Scenes controls.  If I pick play, the movie plays, but when it is finished it returns to the movie info screen rather than playing the next item in the play list?   If there is no real play-all wihtout having to navigate to the next item and click play,  then how exactly are playlists different from collections?

I have the very latests versions of everythings installed. 

FWIW, I tried smartlists, and they don't advance to next item either.

Usinig Chocolate theme.

Third issue that that the clock if shown doesn't honor the 24 hour setting in MB Classic.

Any chance you might add auto play (without user prompting) next item in the play list to the functionality?

Thanks.

See the explanation here about the auto advance.  All you have to do is hit the "Play" button on your remote control from the screen that shows the list of items.  Doing what you are doing will still work also but you need to wait a few seconds for the next item to start because, when you are on the screen from the normal theme, you can't see the custom dialog that MB Plus is trying to show you about advancing.

I've tried to figure out a way to get a play control of some sort on the playlist screen but haven't figured out a way to do in a way I like.  I always thought it was intuitive to just hit the "Play" button on the remote to play something but I guess it isn't.  There isn't any reason to drill to more detail as all the information for the particular item is already right there on the first screen - I guess other than cast or specials...

AgileHumor

@@ebr for some reason pressing the play doesn't work on my PC (neither does * play).  It never has.  I use the RF MCE remote.

I always need to drill into the first level and * play from here.  Not a big deal, but just wanted to report that it sometimes doesn't work at the root.

Also, a few versions back I noticed the smartlists don't update (typically excluding the watched content) even after exiting.  However, saving any smartlist setting the plugin Web GUI and exiting MBC will show the correct data at next relaunch.

Lastly, my collection is TV | Movies.  After watching a movie played on the right panel, it will always reset to TV panel content...but keep movies highlighted.  You need to click back to TV and then to movies to get movie content to show up.

All very low priority items.  Just an FYI

390x99xdsa

Hi - Thanks for the reply.  Heres what I get now:

Launch MBC from WMC.

Play a movie.

Return to the top MBC-Plus Screen.

Scroll to the playlist and while the red highlight bar is present press "Play" on the remote control.

What happens is that the screen doesn't change, but the audio for the movie starts playing.  So I can here the movie, but I can't see it.

Same results if press the "Select" button to show the items in the playlist and click play.

On my remote the button is just Play.  Pause is a seperate button.

I wonder if it might be related to the fact that when I press "Stop" on the remote, it MBC movie is still listed in the "Now Showing" section of WMC even after I exit MB, back to WMC. (Which I really don't think that it should.)  Once I press "Stop" on the remote, nothing should be showing in the "Now Showing" section of WMC.   If watching live TV and I press "Stop" on the remote, nothing is displayed in the "Now Showing".

I am using the MB player for MB content.

In any event the MB player is not jumping to the highest Z-order, since if while I can here the audio, if I press the back button on the remote until the the "Exit Media Browser" dialog shows up and then exit Media browser, the "Now Showing" section of WMC has the playing movie it in.

Thanks.

Something strange is going on with bringing up the player interface it sounds like.

WMC (since Windows 7) has always left the last played movie in the now playing screen.  That is nothing to worry about.  However, if you have something in the now playing screen that was stopped and then you hit "Play" in a place that MBC doesn't recognize that button, then you will just re-start whatever was last played.

It sounds like maybe that is what is happening to you.  Directly playing the list from the start screen of MB Plus is not implemented so hitting your play button there is just being interpreted by WMC itself.  Below that though, on the screen that looks like this:

53555fd34e876_mbpchannel1.png

Should start playing the list at the selected item.  Do you get the "filmstrip" icon in the top right so you can bring up the now playing view when you do that?

390x99xdsa

Hi - OK.  That part about the "play" button on the top-level makes sense. 

However, when I select the playlist from the toplevel, screen I see a cover flow presentation of the of 6 movies in my playlist. I can move between them and and they "highlight" as I switch between them, but when I press play (not OK to drill down further), the correct movie in the playlist starts playing, but when it is over, it just returns the the cover-flow list of movies that are in the play list with the movie I just watched as the selected item.  FWIW, it is not the last one.

Does it only work for TV shows and not movies?

Oh, you have turned off the MB Plus interface for Play Lists.  The next one will play but you need to wait about 5-10 seconds.  MB Plus is presenting a dialog to ask you if you want to keep going or stop but you can't see this dialog because you turned off the list interface.  The default is to continue so if you just wait, it will go to the next one.

I just implemented playback from the start screen.  Can you please replace your MBPlus.Classic.dll with this one and let me know if it works?  Thanks.

390x99xdsa

Also, I just tried very "View" option, and it doesn't matter,  it never starts playing the next movie, it just goes back to the playlist list of items.

As a matter of full disclosure, my testing method is as follows.

1) Enter the playlist

2) Use the right-left buttons on the remote to select the item, and press play on the remote as you said, not "OK" which just drills down into the normal media browser info screen for that movie (where the normal controls for play, cast and scenes are).

3), use the channel + button to advance the chapters until the last one,

4) hit the skip ahead 7second on the remote until about 30seconds are left.

5) let the movie finish.

Yeah, this is because you are not using the MB Plus Playlist interface.  You are just in the normal theme so it doesn't know it is a MB Plus playlist.

390x99xdsa

Hi - I'm not sure I follow.  I have the MBPlus interface up with "Resume", Latest, etc. it's a nice interface.

I did replace the DLL, and restarted WMC /MB  From the top level highlighted the playlist itself and pressed play and the first item started to play. 

But after advancing to just near the end, and then letting it finish, it returns to the top level screen, and does not play the next movie in the play list, even after 2 full minutes.

There was a new gray blox in the lower right after it went back to the top screen which says

0/6

0:00 /

FWIW there are 6 items in the playlist.

What settings do I need to enable the MBPlus playlist interface?

Thanks!

I think the reason you are not advancing is your testing methodology.  There is a check in there to be sure the item has been playing for at least 2 minutes.  The thinking being that, if you stopped it that quickly, you probably want to stop playback not advance to the next item.