MB Plus Discussion

ebr

What I meant by this is the very top menu label (text saying Movies, TV etc above the views below), if I click the OK/Enter button on my remote on a standard EHS it would then navigate to the main folder of the media type from this label. For example if I click on Movies, it would take me to the root folder for the movies to browse. Currently with MBPlus if I click my OK button there is nothing linked to the top menu option, I have to navigate down to the All Movies icon tile to get to the same view rather than it being just one click to the full collection. Hope I am making sense.

Okay, I understand, but, in other themes/presentations - those items are the media folders that you set up.  In MB Plus, those items are categories you created and don't relate to any particular part of your library.  So, there really isn't anything I can "open" if you click on them.

My path I have put in both ignore locations is M:\Documentaries\

Okay, I'm guessing this is the problem.  In the library setup, I'll bet you ether pointed the library to something like "\\server\M\Documentaries" or used the path substitution feature to do that.  I can't match "M:\Documentaries" with "\\machinename\..." so they aren't getting excluded.  You have to define the ignore paths exactly the same as the library paths (including substitutions).

Aussiedroid

Okay, I understand, but, in other themes/presentations - those items are the media folders that you set up.  In MB Plus, those items are categories you created and don't relate to any particular part of your library.  So, there really isn't anything I can "open" if you click on them.

Okay, I'm guessing this is the problem.  In the library setup, I'll bet you ether pointed the library to something like "\\server\M\Documentaries" or used the path substitution feature to do that.  I can't match "M:\Documentaries" with "\\machinename\..." so they aren't getting excluded.  You have to define the ignore paths exactly the same as the library paths (including substitutions).

Hi ebr,

Its sounding like it is setup differently to what I was thinking but would not be possible to map All Movies, All TV etc to the master category menu or is it just not possible to link anything to those menu items or if it cannot be determined based on the category that perhaps a custom mapping configured by the user could be possible?

Regarding the exclusions,the media I have is on a NAS, but no path substitution has been used or server paths, and is exact to the location in library setup. I enabled path substitution once a long time ago to try it out but found my media quality dropped quite a bit so I disabled it again. 

The media is on a network share mapped to M: drive (same location for docos, movies and tv each in its own unique folder).

Cheers!

Then MBC must be on the same machine as your server or you'd have the opposite problem you reported - quality should be pretty bad.

In any case mapped drive references are trouble and I highly suggest using the path substitution feature.

Can you please post a screenshot of the following two screens for me:

1. Your library setup screen with the media folder in question expanded to show the locations
  2. The profile config screen in MB Plus showing the ignore paths.

Thanks.

Aussiedroid

Thanks ebr - I'll try to get some screenies for you after I finish work. 

You are right though, I have the Server and MBC running on same machine since I don't have a dedicated server at this stage :) 

I'll look into the path subs again too if this is a better approach for a NAS/Network share. 

Really appreciate your help mate - thank you.

Aussiedroid

Then MBC must be on the same machine as your server or you'd have the opposite problem you reported - quality should be pretty bad.

In any case mapped drive references are trouble and I highly suggest using the path substitution feature.

Can you please post a screenshot of the following two screens for me:

1. Your library setup screen with the media folder in question expanded to show the locations
  2. The profile config screen in MB Plus showing the ignore paths.

Thanks.

Hi ebr,

Here are the screenshots requested. Also took a shot of what I see when I select the All TV view button (as you can see there is a mixture of docos and TV shows present). In the latest view, suggested view there is no docos present, just when I go to the All TV or TV Genres I will see the docos appear. Same result with movies.

Also currently there is no path subs in the config.

Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuunc0b6wvpyijn/Library-Expanded.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ck6co9ccps6uis/MBPlus-Ignores.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lejjnon8vseuu4v/View-From-All-TV-View.jpg

Edited by Aussiedroid

Yeah, that all looks good.  It should be excluding those.  Maybe there is a bug on the TV side as people may have only used it with movies.  I'll look into it.

Update to 0.1.0.6 of the server plug-in and your TV shows should now be ignored properly in the All TV view.  They will not be ignored in the genre view (nor the movie ones either) because that is a bit more of a difficult problem.  I am using standard server API calls for those and that doesn't support my special location-based ignoring.  I'll have to see if there is any way I can support that for those views without killing performance.

• Like 1

Aussiedroid

Thanks ebr .. hopefully get to test it out in the coming day or so :)

Let you know if its still occuring.

The new version of MB Plus Beta that went out yesterday (0.1.0.7) adds integration with my new "Upcoming TV" MB Classic Plug-in.

If that plug-in is installed and you have selected to show special views in a TV category, Upcoming TV will show as a tile in the Views section in that category.

Also, the Upcoming TV Plug-in registration is included in MB Plus registration.  For technical reasons (it would potentially destroy your trial period for MB Plus) I cannot do this automatically, but just shoot me a PM with the email you registered MB Plus with and I'll hook you up with Upcoming TV as well.

For right now, however, MB Plus is still in the free preview for the beta period.  This will last until at least May 30th.

536e2aabd12cc_mbpupcoming.png

5366e0ba779f7_upcoming1.png

5366e76390763_upcoming2.png

chef

I tried mb plus today. I really like the interface. The "latest" tab seem to choose some interesting titles that were not lasteat in my collection though. The regular chocolate ehs seems to have no problem showing lasteat titles.

It is pretty cool

Can you be more specific on the latest items?  What was different?  What type of items?

MBPlus Latest always only shows unwatched, also.

chef

Can you be more specific on the latest items? What was different? What type of items?

MBPlus Latest always only shows unwatched, also.

Un watched could be the reason, although I had yet to watch RoboCop at the time and although the chocolate ehs had it under latest, mb plus didn't show the tile for the film.

Instead it did show the movie "hours" (with that dead guy from fast and furious) which I watched quite a while ago.

Well there are a lot fewer tiles displayed in MB Plus (6) than there are posters in a normal RAL (20) so the normal one will have some that aren't shown in MBP.  But it's also possible there is an obscure issue here but I'd need some specific screen shots to try and diagnose it.

bxsteez

For some reason I can't get the custom channels to appear.  Is this not available in the beta?  And a side question and I'm pretty sure this isn't because of MBplus but is it possible to have MBplus launch when channels is clicked in the neo theme?

No, it isn't possible to tie that into neo, sorry.

Okay, you created a custom channel, but did you put it on any of your categories...?

See here.

bxsteez

No, it isn't possible to tie that into neo, sorry.

Okay, you created a custom channel, but did you put it on any of your categories...?

See here.

As usual you nailed my mistake :)  I did not add it to any category.  

Glad it is working now.

I know that is a bit confusing but that makes it so you only have to define the channel once and then can use it anywhere - including in multiple places.

bxsteez

Glad it is working now.

I know that is a bit confusing but that makes it so you only have to define the channel once and then can use it anywhere - including in multiple places.

Only one issue I keep having.  I can't get TV show channel to show up.  Its like its not accepting the "Comedy" Genre filter. 

Only one issue I keep having.  I can't get TV show channel to show up.  Its like its not accepting the "Comedy" Genre filter. 

Please provide a specific example with a server log.  Thx.

DigiTM

Noticed if I click all movies it brings up all of my movies, but no boxsets.  All the movies from the boxsets are shown though, just not in a boxset.  Is there anyway where you click on All Movies it brings up the default chocolate movie coverflow which shows movies and boxsets?  Also not certain if you might have missed it, but there is no image for TV Genre.

It won't ever be exactly the same as the view directly in Chocolate because that is based on a media folder and the All Movies view is all movies from anywhere in your library (minus the ignores).

If you want the same view - including the Box Set collapsing, Just add your Movies Media folder to that category.

• Like 1

seanbuff

Hi ebr,

Got an issue where I'm now seeing duplicates in my 'Suggested' feed for TV Series. What's worse is that I've since marked the entire series as 'Watched' which has correctly removed it from the 'Next Up' view in the web UI, however it still appears as a channel in MBPlus, twice.

5371670164ac5_suggested_duplicate.png

Let me know if you need to see a log or anything.

Thx.