MB Plus Discussion

ebr

@@bxsteez, I know you said you added media to the default profile -- but just checking, did you actually select a 'Category' under the default profile, eg. 'TV Series' and then assign your newly created 'Smart List' to it?

In actual fact, I think you may be onto a bug there. It appears as though Smart Lists work for me with 'Movies' only, TV Series seem to return 'No Items' also. Funny as I've never used Smart Lists for TV before.

Are you able to confirm 'Movies' Smart Lists work for you?

That is correct. I did select a category and add the smart list and it still doesn't work unless I switch the type to movies.  It works on movies without an issue.

I also can't see any playlist that I create. Smart List is supposed to be like channels on the oly MB PLus right? 

Apparently, a server change has made TV smart lists cease to function but this is the first time it has been reported so I didn't know about it nor do I know when it broke.  I will look into it.

As far as I can tell movie smart lists are still functioning properly.  Please let me know if someone finds otherwise.

Please try the dev version of MB Plus (server plug-in) I just put up and let me know if it resolves your issues with TV Smart Lists.

MrWebsmith

ebr,

whats the trigger for the suggested group tiles to re-fresh/re-generate...

scenario:

i have a couple tv shows that have 1-2 eps each.. i watch them... so lets say 3 of my 6 tiles are now "watched" under the surface..  whats the activity that will eliminate/notice the watched ones to go away and "move up" the next 3 shows into position... any way to "force" that..

server library scan? relaunch mbc?  it doesnt seems consistant.. almost as if its a timeout based or some combination of factors...

Exiting and re-starting MBC will definitely do it.

This is another one of those tricky areas where I'm not sure how much of the sands I want shifting under your feet.  For instance, if I refresh those right after watching them, then you won't be able to return to where you came from when you back up because it will be gone.

Personally, I like those items to stay relatively constant within a single MBC session.  This way I can see exactly what I've done and come back to playlists that I've watched some of, etc.

After having said all that, I tidied up a couple of things in the latest dev release that may or may not affect this behavior so please try that release and let me know.  Also, please try TV Smart Lists and see if they work.  Thanks.

AgileHumor

Smart lists now working (updated plugin to 1.0.2.3 and slightly unrelated MBC 212).

Not showing exactly what I want yet, but I think that is on my end. 

AgileHumor

Can you add TV series name to Smart Lists (in addition to studio, actor, etc)?

I don't think the filter below will get me my daily TV fix in a single smartlists.  It's more of an 'or' vs an 'and'

Includes Any of These Actors...

John Stewart, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Conan, Conan O'Brien, Bill Mahr, Bill O'Reilly

Includes Any of These Directors...

Includes Any of These Genres...

Includes Any of These Studios...

Comedy Central, HBO, TBS, NBC

I currently get Girls (on HBO, but don't include those actors), Southpark (on Comedy Central, but don't include those actors)

Edited by AgileHumor

1. Is there a way to make MB Plus not be the first VF listed inside MBC?

2. Is there a way to turn off backdrops from being displayed?

3. Are you willing to expose and separate some additional font/style lines in the MCML?

4. Is there a way to not show future unaired episodes inside MB Plus? I have the MBC core feature turned off for displaying these.

Edited by BAS

seanbuff

Can you add TV series name to Smart Lists (in addition to studio, actor, etc)?

I don't think the filter below will get me my daily TV fix in a single smartlists.  It's more of an 'or' vs an 'and'

Includes Any of These Actors...

John Stewart, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Conan, Conan O'Brien, Bill Mahr, Bill O'Reilly

Includes Any of These Directors...

Includes Any of These Genres...

Includes Any of These Studios...

Comedy Central, HBO, TBS, NBC

I currently get Girls (on HBO, but don't include those actors), Southpark (on Comedy Central, but don't include those actors)

This brings up a very interesting point that I have been meaning to post for a while.

I am interested to know how @@ebr feels about adding a bit more flexibility to the Smart List 'Selection Criteria'.
I think it could really benefit from some AND / OR type functionality.

An example:

For the wife a 'Chick Flicks / RomCom' Smart List
Trying to do it based on Genres, it will be based on 'Any of these Genres' - so adding Romance and Comedy adds all movies from those genre's when really, I want only movies with that combination of genre's - not individual. More of an AND statement.

I realize your motivation to keep things as simple as possible, but still wondering if this is a possibility - that will help make these Smart Lists, really smart.  ;)

1. Is there a way to make MB Plus not be the first VF listed inside MBC?

2. Is there a way to turn off backdrops from being displayed?

3. Are you willing to expose and separate some additional font/style lines in the MCML?

4. Is there a way to not show future unaired episodes inside MB Plus? I have the MBC core feature turned off for displaying these.

1. I'm not sure... potentially by adjusting the sort names of your real media folders?

2. Where?

3. Maybe, depending on how complex.

4. There used to be a setting for this but I eliminated it in the re-write because I found, in this context, it was good to see what was coming up.  If enough people want it I could entertain putting the setting back.

This brings up a very interesting point that I have been meaning to post for a while.

I am interested to know how @@ebr feels about adding a bit more flexibility to the Smart List 'Selection Criteria'.
I think it could really benefit from some AND / OR type functionality.

An example:

For the wife a 'Chick Flicks / RomCom' Smart List
Trying to do it based on Genres, it will be based on 'Any of these Genres' - so adding Romance and Comedy adds all movies from those genre's when really, I want only movies with that combination of genre's - not individual. More of an AND statement.

I realize your motivation to keep things as simple as possible, but still wondering if this is a possibility - that will help make these Smart Lists, really smart.  ;)

Making it much "smarter" makes it much more complex which makes it much harder for people to understand how it works which means less people use it.  So far, it doesn't appear very many people are using these (judging by the fact they were broken for TV and no one reported it) or they are just using them for the simple things.

Smart lists now working (updated plugin to 1.0.2.3 and slightly unrelated MBC 212).

Not showing exactly what I want yet, but I think that is on my end. 

Thank you for confirming.

I will consider adding name to the criteria.

AgileHumor

So far, it doesn't appear very many people are using these (judging by the fact they were broken for TV and no one reported it) or they are just using them for the simple things.

I use Random TV every day :)  I love it!

Edited by AgileHumor

I use Random TV every day :)  I love it!

That's not a Smart List - per se.  That is a special TV play list.

1. It doesnt appear to matter, most plugins are forced to the end of the VF list in MBC, but MB Plus is the first entry if you use the default themes EHS instead of MB Plus

2. I guess its called the timeline views, only place I see them showing in MB Plus, if it would just honor the core toggle for show fan art on views that would be sufficient for my needs.

3. I will work on getting you a list, I have almost finished my coloring work and will move on to fonts next. I'm not seeing a color line for the fade grey area that the text info sits inside the tiles unless I'm missing it.

4. Understandable

5. Can the TileFocusBarColor or the little red line that appears as a focus highlight in the EHS tiles also be used inside the timeline views as a focus highlight?

Edited by BAS

Find the MBPlus.xml file inside of plugins\configurations\mbplus\[username] and try setting the SortName tag to some value.  I think that might place your MBPlus main entry for you.

Find the MBPlus.xml file inside of plugins\configurations\mbplus\[username] and try setting the SortName tag to some value.  I think that might place your MBPlus main entry for you.

Nope not working for me.

Nope not working for me.

Are you sure you got it in the right place?  I just changed mine to 'zzzzz' and MB Plus is now the last item on my EHS...

Are you sure you got it in the right place?  I just changed mine to 'zzzzz' and MB Plus is now the last item on my EHS...

Oops I was changing <Sort> not  <SortName>, it works changed it for my 4 profiles. Thanks

@@BAS the dev version of MB Plus Classic I just put up will respect the global "Show fanart on views" setting.

1.0.2.3 installed here, I'm still seeing the backdrop even though that toggle is set to off.

Edited by BAS

1.0.2.3 installed here, I'm still seeing the backdrop even though that toggle is set to off.

Not sure how that's possible.  Are you sure you re-started MBC after the update?

Not sure how that's possible.  Are you sure you re-started MBC after the update?

It's possible cause im a newb and I had the server plugin updated but didnt have mbc plugins on developer to snatch this update in MBC. I can confirm it is working thank you.

Server Version 3.0.5373.43073

MB Plus Version 1.0.2.3

When ever I try to add a smart playlist to one of my categories it always places the item as undefined for the title. I have this on two systems but had smith do it on his system and it works fine with properly labeled name. What am i dong wrong, we even teamviewered and created the same playlist with same criteria, his got a label and mine didn't. I even upgraded to the developer server since he was on that version which is the only reason I'm on that version #.

I'm trying to add to EHS MBPlus, additional channels but the only available from configuration MBServer-MBplus it's "Trailers".

How add anothers channels they are not Trailers for MB Classic?

Regards

Edited by ireme