MB Plus Discussion

ebr

No.2 is also affecting me too, and funnily enough with Game of Thrones as well. The entire series is 'watched' and up to date, but whenever a new episode is dropped in, it shows up in 'Suggested' which are the shows i'm currently watching, not 'Latest'....however, it actually shows a channel full watched episodes from Season 1, starting with Episode 1. Weird.

In fact, as of this weeks episode, it actually didn't even show up as a suggested episode to watch, I had to view it via the old methods.

I have not watched any 'Specials' in between, I actually don't even have any, i'm just purely watching weekly episodes in succession.

What version of the server plug-in do you have?

Have you actually watched episodes of GoT via MB 3?

Logos302

I have a question how do I turn off MB plus for a user. I like the layout but the wife does not.  Is there some option somewhere that I'm missing? 

seanbuff

In your case im wondering if the current season is missing this value or something.

MWS, I think you may be onto something here. My Season 4 was in fact missing the 'Season Number' value, I have now put '4' in there - will have to wait and see.

What version of the server plug-in do you have?

Have you actually watched episodes of GoT via MB 3?

MBPlus Server Plugin has since updated to v0.1.1.5

Of course, every single episode is watched via MBC. I don't consume my media any other way.

I have a question how do I turn off MB plus for a user. I like the layout but the wife does not.  Is there some option somewhere that I'm missing? 

Un-check this option.  MB Plus will still be there for her but it will just become an option on the regular EHS.

5381e44486b62_mbpreplaceehs.png

chef

Wow! Lovin the recent versions of mb plus. The latest tabs seem to be showing proper titles which is great! I am rally diggin' the layout, it looks fantastic.

I know it was mentioned above about having duplicate titles from separate library's (ie. 3D and HD versions) has anyone been able to work around this, or is there plans for future release to deal with it?

If I wanted to use custom icons on the mb plus screen, where would I place them?

Okay 0.1.1.6 of both plug-ins is up as beta now.

• Only include real items in channel counts (don't count future,unaired episodes)
  • Eliminate duplicates in suggested movies when there are multiple versions of the same movie (resume will still show dups because we don't know which version you were actually watching)
  • Extend free preview

I have extended the free preview period to next Friday (6 June).  I think the plug-in is ready to be promoted to release status now so please report any major issues you still see.  Thanks.

chef

Exactly where are you seeing the duplicates?

I am seeing duplicate movies in "all movies" collection. There are duplicates on my machine (HSBS/HD), I figured you were building the library view based on type instead of folder collection.

Edited by chef

There should be duplicates in the all movies view because that's what is in your library.

• Like 1

Good day Ebr,

How to add custom for you media library folder for example, I tried, but when I create custom under categories and there it do not display anything.

Or they are another way to display it?

My best

If you mean a custom category just to add media folders to, you should be able to create a category and set it to Custom and then hit the "Add media folder" button and select any media folders you wish.

You should also be able to select any custom channels you have created.

If this isn't working, give me a couple screen shots of what you are seeing and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

kkhan

Hello EBR

Have been looking at MBPlus to aggregate mixed content on the same page.  I especially love the Music page.

Couple of requests if possible:

1. If I create a custom Music channel say for a particular Artist; I get a list of tracks.  Now this is fine if I had one album for that Artist but what if I had saay 20.  I think it would be better if the custom Music channel had the option to display by Album

2, Secondly, the Genre view is great for a small collection but I have something like 700 jazz albums. Selecting anything then becomes painful.  In native MBC it is possible to select Genre By Artist but not in MB Plus.

In summary, these options would really improve the ability to navigate very large music collections

• Like 1

If you mean a custom category just to add media folders to, you should be able to create a category and set it to Custom and then hit the "Add media folder" button and select any media folders you wish.

You should also be able to select any custom channels you have created.

If this isn't working, give me a couple screen shots of what you are seeing and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Good day Ebr,

Strange, last night when nothing seem to work, now it working as it should.

Well done!

My best

seanbuff

@@ebr, how do I get the 'Random' channel to work?

I have enabled it in the TV Series Standard Tile Groups, however I don't see it in my MBPlus UI in MBC.

538dc989614c4_random.png

It must be something simple I missed, somewhere.

Maybe there was an error building it.  Can I see your latest server log?

seanbuff

Never mind - I think I found the problem.

Thanks ebr, appears fixed in 0.1.1.7 server plugin.

Is it possible to make it more 'random' than just starting each show with their Pilot episode and consecutively each ep thereafter? I figured that was the original intention of the random channel.

Thanks again for the quick fix.

As you use the channel, it should get different episodes because it will only choose episodes that haven't been watched in the past 30 days.

However, all TV channels preserve episode order right now and this one is no different.  I may look into that in the future as there is also a need for some series to not worry so much about episode order.  Things like Pawn Stars or The Twilight Zone have episodes that are entirely autonomous so there is a use for a channel that isn't so strict about order - but there isn't really a good way to indicate that right now.

• 4 weeks later...
blade005

Taking MBPlus out for a test drive during Beta period and really like the initial views and flexibility in creating custom views.  Well done ebr!!

One thing I don't see is a SHOW RESUME GROUP option under the default TV Series category. It is there in the default Movie category.  Is it left out by design, or could it be included in a future release?  I pop in and out of Television episodes and would like an option to include a TV Resume Group in that view.

Great job thus far.

Resumeables are left out of TV categories by design because there will be a suggested channel for all the ones you have in progress anyway.

kkhan

EBR, suddenly finding that if I add a custom channel to a profile, it adds it with the name "undefined".  The custom channel works but it does not show any title.

Has something changed with the lastest build of server.  Using MBPlus 1.0.0.0 and MBS Version 3.0.5289.18702.

I just added one and it worked fine.  Please post the server log from when you add the channel.