MB Plus Discussion

ebr

seanbuff

EBR, suddenly finding that if I add a custom channel to a profile, it adds it with the name "undefined".  The custom channel works but it does not show any title.

Was just about to post the same thing, happened to me also bout a week ago.

53b387d5997ac_undefined.jpg

Will try to post a server log when I get a chance...

mbguy

I don't know what happened, this monring when I started Media Browser Client on Media Center, I get error message "There are no categories. Either the server and client of MBPlus are incompatible, something is mis-configured or there is an error with the program."

The weird part is, MB Plus has been working fine for the past month, I haven't made any setting changes lately, and MB Server is working on my Roku device in the other room just fine, plus iPad app is working too. It's just MB Plus all of the sudden showing this error, what went wrong?

You must be on dev server updates.  Unfortunately, the current dev server breaks MBPlus.  I'm working with Luke on a solution.  For now, you'll need to go back to the release server.

• Like 1

The new dev server should now work with the current version of MB Plus again.  Thanks, Luke.

Also, you may notice I've made some modifications to the description topic and guide.  You will see these changes as soon as the new server is out.

I have made a terminology change within MB Plus.  Now that the server has "Channels" I have changed what MBPlus used to call channels to "playlists".  Custom Channels are now called "Smart Lists".  This will avoid confusion between the two different features.

Also, I have implemented the ability to attach MB Server Channels to MB Plus Categories.  So, you can get your channel content (like trailers and podcasts and SoundCloud or whatever) in the MBPlus interface.  The one limitation is that the channel needs to support the ability to retrieve latest items as the whole MBPlus EHS depends on this to show relevant tiles.

53bffc7f89c71_mbpchannels.png

• Like 2

There will also be one more slight improvement to MBPlus Classic.  For tile groups that have "More" buttons, you will also be able to click on the title of the group to open the entire thing.  A little easier than navigating to the "..." button.

• Like 2

Since the last round of updates (MB Server, MB Classic, MB Plus), my Collections are no longer showing. I use MBC+ as the EHS, and the heading is still there, but no content. It still shows fine in the web client.

Anything that could cause this?

The current server beta is not returning Collections to MBC anymore.  That should be resolved before it goes to Release.

• 1 month later...
bran2000

Hi,

i tried to install MB PLus, i already have the last version for the MB Server plug-in and the last version of MB Classic installed on my PC.

but i dont' see any modification when i connect on the MB server with my browser i still have the classic server but not the addons MB Plus.

I installed the plugin MB PLus with MB Classic (catalog plugins), do i need something else ?

Can you confirm me what i need to install, i don't find any tutorial for the installation 

thanks

The only client that currently supports MB Plus is MBC so you won't see anything different with the web client other than the configuration capability in the server dashboard.  Instructions for configuring are here.

After you installed the MB Plus Classic plug-in, did you re-start MBC?

bran2000

ok i already have MBC installed that's this way i could install MB Plus, i restarted the pc.

my question is how do i know it's working i don't see the menu, i still have my MBC classic menu.

why on the link you indicate, they talk about  : "MBPlus consists of a server side plug-in that provides most of the functionality", is there a server slide plugin somewhere, where i can download this ?

• 2 weeks later...
AgileHumor

Quick question, why does MBPlus not show up correctly in Square?  Examples

• It doesn't show the collections (TV | Movies | Channels) in the first large top box
  • It doesn't report the correct # of unplayed TV/Movies in the bottom left small box (always shows 0 or browse).
  • Random doesn't work.

Also, any chance I can customize the title and call it "Home" instead of "MBPlus"53f8eba0de9ea_Capture.jpg

Edited by AgileHumor

Because Square is doing something special to obtain that information and it doesn't understand the contents of the MB Plus item.

• 3 weeks later...

Great work on MBPlus.

One issue that I'm having is, some files that are not in my "Movies" media folders show up on the "All movies" list in MBPlus even though these files belong in other media locations such as "Documentaries" and "Foreign Movies."

Is there anything I could check?

541005468377f_Capture.png

"All Movies" is just that - all movies regardless of their physical location.  What you are showing the configuration for, however, is not the All Movies view - it is your actual "Movies" media folder and that should contain only what that media folder contains.

Now, having said that, there is a way for MB Plus to exclude items from the All Movies view.  On the profile configuration page for each profile there are two sets of "Ignore Folders".  The second set are "View Ignore Folders".  Any physical location you put in there will be excluded from the views like All Movies.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

ebr,

can you explain the "auto advance video in playlist" function again..

my assumption/usage is that im playing a suggested tv channel.. (so the next x episodes from where i left off..) i select the show from the mb plus ehs, when im in the list of episodes i hit PLAY button to create/play the files as a playlist....

when the first one ends, im back at the screen and given the yes/no box to continue with the next item in the playlist... shouldnt the fact that autoadvance is checked off/enabled automatically answer yes to that?

i think this used to work and my be a bug thats popped back in... i was on dev build 210 when this happened yesterday..

i will add a log when i find the right one..stand by

try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/szra1o2px3i7s84/MBClassic-992014322b2a72f8e94c29aa7d53bef20c3ce0.log?dl=0

king of queens e14 going to 15 was my focused "test" after confirming that the config. option is enabled

Edited by MrWebsmith

Don't need a log.  It is working as designed.

The confirmation box pre-dates the ability to turn off the auto advance.  I guess you could make an argument for it not being necessary anymore but if you just leave it alone it will default to yes.  So, no interaction is required.

I tend to want to leave it because, otherwise, it gets hard to stop the thing.  Maybe you watched three of them but then want to quit...

MrWebsmith

oh.. hmm i didnt leave it and wait... ill check that and if so then this can drop.. sorry to bug you

I extremely new to MB Plus and no matter how many different ways I try and make a "Smart List" it always says No Items?  Am I missing something?  I have the default profile and I added media to it but still nothing for smart list. 

AgileHumor

Some comments and requests on MBPlus:

• All movies view is blank currently. Decades and Year work fine...as well as all resume, suggested, and latest.  
  • Would really like a Next Up and Random TV to be per media collection.  For example, my TV and Documentaries each should have their own next up and random TV.  
  • Random TV keeps resetting back to the pilot episodes.  I have it set only to play watched/favorites.  It keeps resetting to Big Bang and others to the pilots randomly after a week or so.  This has happened twice in the last month but i was up to season two of a few shows...then last week they all started at the pilots (when 5+ seasons remained) 
  • It would be nice to "refresh" the Random TV if I don't like the mixup.  Also, after I watch the random playlist, the old one remains until I exit MBC and restart. 
  • Lastly, I can't find the "sequenced tv" metadata option for a TV series

Thanks for listening!  

Edited by AgileHumor

AgileHumor

I extremely new to MB Plus and no matter how many different ways I try and make a "Smart List" it always says No Items?  Am I missing something?  I have the default profile and I added media to it but still nothing for smart list. 

I couldn't get this to work either.  I tried creating one for "comedy central" studio so I can watch all my unplayed daily comedy shows with one playlist.  The current system is just groups daily show and colbert report into different selections.  Next up is all gummed up with things I don't watch.

Could never get it to show anything in the smart list.

I couldn't get this to work either.  I tried creating one for "comedy central" studio so I can watch all my unplayed daily comedy shows with one playlist.  The current system is just groups daily show and colbert report into different selections.  Next up is all gummed up with things I don't watch.

Could never get it to show anything in the smart list.

I used the beta and channels never worked and I just assumed it got better since full release but I guess not.  I can't say its a waste of 10 bucks because MB has excellent support so I figure it will get better.  Maybe I need to figure out how to report a legit bug.

seanbuff

@@bxsteez, I know you said you added media to the default profile -- but just checking, did you actually select a 'Category' under the default profile, eg. 'TV Series' and then assign your newly created 'Smart List' to it?

In actual fact, I think you may be onto a bug there. It appears as though Smart Lists work for me with 'Movies' only, TV Series seem to return 'No Items' also. Funny as I've never used Smart Lists for TV before.

Are you able to confirm 'Movies' Smart Lists work for you?