MB Plus Discussion

ebr

390x99xdsa

OK - That's how I have had my settings.  I will making sure that it plays for at least 3 to 4 minutes.  FWIW, SmartList will give that filmstrip view, but a Playlist.   - Thanks.

390x99xdsa

Perhaps this is also related. At first, I could find no way to get the play list to show up in the MB Plus interface at all. So I added it a media folder. Now based on the fact that it showing not as a filmstrip but as a coverflow list it is not treating it as a play list at all.

So my question is how do I get a play list to appear in the interface.  (Also from what I can tell the only way to create a play list is via the web interface and select "Add to Playlist" from 3-vertical-dots context menu.) Playlists don't show up as option for Category in MB Plus configuration.

Thanks.

Okay, sorry, this is a terminology problem.  MB Plus creates its own playlists of items based on your viewing habits so I thought that's what you were talking about but it isn't.

The server playlists are just groups of items just like any other folder in MBC.  MB Plus doesn't know anything about them and MBC itself doesn't do anything special with them either.  So, if you want to play your custom playlists you need to do it just like any other normal folder in MBC.  You can hit the "*" key and select Play from here...

390x99xdsa

OK - I guess i think I mostly understand now.  Thank you for explaining.  FWIW, I created a SmartList and have 7 items in it.  I let one run for 4+ minutes and then skipped to the end, and it returned to the filmstrip screen, but with a dialog which asked to continue, which I ignored, and it did play the next item, so hopefully that's is correct.

It looks like from the Web interface I can create smart lists with items I want it, so that I can create what amounts to an auto-next play list that way.

One thing that seems odd to me is that the order of the items in the filmstrip view is not the order in which they appear in the Smartlist in the web interface.   The end-times seem to track so that the order in which they would play would seem correct, but the order in which they appear on the screen in the filmlist view seems arbitrary.

A Smart List is created from criteria (like genres or actors) so I'm not sure to what "web interface" are talking about seeing an order in.  The only place you could see the content of a smart list would be in the MB Plus interface in MBC.

Pictures of the two places you are talking about would help me understand.

ebr

Is there any news on when MP Plus will be out on MBT??

Not yet.  I'm waiting on the big re-factor going on now which should make it ready for themeing and, hopefully, make this possible.

• Like 1

bluejoe247

Hi, gotta say MBC+ is simply awesome, love it! Great work.  Yet another annoying newbie here, but I'll ask anyway.  Is there a way to create an "unwatched" (movie) smart list or play list?  Sorry if this has been asked already, I couldn't find any references.

Thank you so much!

Is there a way to create an "unwatched" (movie) smart list or play list? 

Sure.  Just create a new Smart List and un-check "Include Watched Items" and save it.  Since it has no other criteria it will include all your unwatched movies (subject to the limitation of time you may select).  You could also provide a bit more criteria to narrow it down a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
bluejoe247

Sure.  Just create a new Smart List and un-check "Include Watched Items" and save it.  Since it has no other criteria it will include all your unwatched movies (subject to the limitation of time you may select).  You could also provide a bit more criteria to narrow it down a bit.

Nice!  that worked great.  Just one more question; seems I can use ctrl-w to make a move "played", but that doesn't cause the movie to drop out of my "watched" smartlist... at least not for some time.  How long should it take for such an action to be reflected?  Am I just too impatient?

Thanks again!

Yeah, something else with the library is going to have to change.  I don't completely re-build on just a manual watched status toggle like that.

AgileHumor

I don't completely re-build on just a manual watched status toggle like that.

Can this be an option to either rebuild on watched status change...or allow manual refresh via MBC remote?

Is there anyway to make the smartlist go in order for any given tv show.  It goes in order after it makes the playlist but it doesn't start from the last watched episode.  It starts at a random number and counts up.   Is there a setting I'm missing or could this be a new feature in the future?

Is there anyway to make the smartlist go in order for any given tv show.  It goes in order after it makes the playlist but it doesn't start from the last watched episode.  It starts at a random number and counts up.   Is there a setting I'm missing or could this be a new feature in the future?

What, exactly, are you trying to achieve?

MB Plus already creates playlists for each of the last n (where 'n' is defined by the number of tiles you select to show in the Suggested TV tile group) TV series you watched and those do start with the next episode in line from the one you last watched.  So the smart list functionality isn't really needed for this.

bluejoe247

Yeah, something else with the library is going to have to change.  I don't completely re-build on just a manual watched status toggle like that.

understood... even if I do a update library (manual) from the client setup page (bottom row, third button) it doesn't seem to update the unwatched smart list?

I'm trying to create a smart list that lets me choose specific genres or shows but I would want them to start from the last watched episode.

I didn't realize that MB plus created playlist for this already.  This is a good in between but I can't dictate that filter from what I understand.  Does Random do this as well?

What, exactly, are you trying to achieve?

MB Plus already creates playlists for each of the last n (where 'n' is defined by the number of tiles you select to show in the Suggested TV tile group) TV series you watched and those do start with the next episode in line from the one you last watched.  So the smart list functionality isn't really needed for this.

understood... even if I do a update library (manual) from the client setup page (bottom row, third button) it doesn't seem to update the unwatched smart list?

Yeah, all that is going to do is run a library scan on the server which won't affect a watched status which is stored per-user and, if nothing has actually changed physically with your library, MB Plus won't re-build.  I'll have to think about how to handle this type of situation.

I'm trying to create a smart list that lets me choose specific genres or shows but I would want them to start from the last watched episode.

I didn't realize that MB plus created playlist for this already.  This is a good in between but I can't dictate that filter from what I understand.  Does Random do this as well?

No, random is random.  It will always play episodes in proper order but they will be selected randomly.

I'll think on the smart lists with TV.  Honestly, I was thinking more towards movies and music with those so I haven't spent much time thinking about how they would work with TV.

I apologize in advance if these have been covered, I've made it through a decent amount of pages and can't find answers to my questions.

I love the look of MB+ and really like the way it sorts and what it does with my TV and Movies.

Here are two things I can't figure out:

-  Can I have a tab along the top strip that just contains everything in a specific folder?  This wouldn't necessarily be material with metadata, just a bunch of video files.   They automatically go into the TV/Movies tabs but I would like these in their own separate section (they're all fitness videos so not really TV or Movies).

- I also can't find the "Channels" for my MBC anywhere in here.  I'd like those in their own tab across the top as well, I have PlayOn and a few other streaming services that I need access to.

If I could figure these two things out this would be an amazing HTPC setup for me, far and away better than anything else I've tried within MBC, thanks for the plugin.

For Channels see about half way down this post.

And, in the same post, you can see how to attach any media folder to any category as well.

What I would do for both instances is create a new Category named Various or "Channels and Workout" or whatever and attach both your channels and workout video folder to that category.  You could also create a category for each one with just the one item in it if you wanted it that way.

Ok, starting with the first one, here's the problem I'm having.

I create the category "Fitness".   I can choose the type.  If I choose the type as Movies, it will still draw every other movie file from my library into that category.

If I choose "Custom" the category shows up as blank in MB+.

How do I define what "custom" is and what videos I want it to choose from inside of that category?

*In both cases I'm choosing the "Fitness" folder I have in my library as a media folder, and the results are the same as mentioned above".

Edited by Carneys

The channels issue worries me a bit more because based on the description in your thread it may not be possible to add PlayOn, which I need to have access to for my HTPC.

"Any channel that supports latest items that you have installed into MB Server can be attached to any category in any profile."

So I'm thinking the reason PlayOn doesn't show up as an available channel within MB+ is because it doesn't fit this criteria, which is unfortunately maybe a deal breaker for me on this.   Any way to force it to show up?

Ok, starting with the first one, here's the problem I'm having.

I create the category "Fitness".   I can choose the type.  If I choose the type as Movies, it will still draw every other movie file from my library into that category.

If I choose "Custom" the category shows up as blank in MB+.

How do I define what "custom" is and what videos I want it to choose from inside of that category?

*In both cases I'm choosing the "Fitness" folder I have in my library as a media folder, and the results are the same as mentioned above".

Once you created your Custom Category, just add the Fitness media folder to it.

The channels issue worries me a bit more because based on the description in your thread it may not be possible to add PlayOn, which I need to have access to for my HTPC.

"Any channel that supports latest items that you have installed into MB Server can be attached to any category in any profile."

So I'm thinking the reason PlayOn doesn't show up as an available channel within MB+ is because it doesn't fit this criteria, which is unfortunately maybe a deal breaker for me on this.   Any way to force it to show up?

Unfortunately, not at this time because the way MB Plus presents its interface, it really needs some sort of content to show.

Unfortunately, not at this time because the way MB Plus presents its interface, it really needs some sort of content to show.

Ok, so is there a way to leave MB+ to browse the regular theme within MB or is there just no way at all to access that channel as long as I have MB+ active?