MB Plus Discussion

ebr

MrWebsmith

Okay, I think I found it.  Try 1.0.4.8.

works well..immediately filled up my 9 set tiles with the ones i had circled above... thanks again..hopefully this was a good fix overall and not just a 1-off for me :)

Sky - can you go into the web client and bring up any page that shows details on an item.  Then, in the address bar, replace the id with this c7846a5e-d2d5-8fd2-ae6d-85f76ff378fe

Hit enter and tell me what shows up.

skynet600

Sky - can you go into the web client and bring up any page that shows details on an item.  Then, in the address bar, replace the id with this c7846a5e-d2d5-8fd2-ae6d-85f76ff378fe

Hit enter and tell me what shows up.

Yep there are two ids so I replaced both.  I got a blank screen with a details tab in it and an eror saying "Value cannot be null: Parameter name: item".

12.JPG

12NoJPG.JPG

skynet600

Can you tell me exactly what you are doing in MBC/P to cause the issue?  Screencaps, maybe...?

Is that for me? Not sure I follow. I am not doing anything other than going into the default genre views on the home screen.

Is that for me? Not sure I follow. I am not doing anything other than going into the default genre views on the home screen.

Yes, but I don't know what the "default genre views" are or what your "home screen is".  Everything In MB Plus is configurable so it is different for everyone.  Can you post a couple screen shots of what you are doing and of the configuration for the category in question?  Thanks.

skynet600

Well that probably sums it up in that I am new to this plug-in.   I have done no setting up of profiles etc.  On the left of the home screen there are several choices like Genre, Year, Actor and so on.  All of them contain something except Genre.

54920d8c1a225_genre.jpg

This is what I see in the Genre view.

54920e1b28ad4_NoGenre.jpg

skynet600

In the main MBC config page, do you have the "Display Movies by Genre" selected?

Yes indeed.  I am using the default profile with no smart lists.  My understanding is it will not show if it is not checked.

Yes indeed.  I am using the default profile with no smart lists.  My understanding is it will not show if it is not checked.

Okay, I meant in the MBC config pages, not MB Plus.  Is that what you were responding to?

But, never mind because it should still work even if you don't have that checked.

Can you please post the MBC and server logs from the session that produced the screen shots above?

skynet600

Yeah sorry this is proving so problematic.  I was referring to the plugin pages within server.  That said I have now checked the view options within MBC itself and yes it is checked.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5701721/MB3/MBClassic-1712201421b467f3942942069c5ab7a32dc968c8.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5701721/MB3/server-63554397860.txt

skynet600

Well, I'm stumped because they are pretty much the exact same thing.

Would you be interested to team viewer in to look for yourself?

By the way if I go to mbc config pages, mbplus options and turn off replace theme ehs and restart I can go to movies by genre and all is well. If I go into mbplus though and go to genre it is empty.

Edited by skynet600

skynet600

Well not sure what has corrected the issue but I know have 19 items listed in genre. I wonder if the restart of the server resolved it. Not the first time the server has been restarted though. I will let you know if it happens again.

inzombyac

Just registered for MB Plus and had a few questions/comments:

1) +1 For the ability to filter unaired episodes from Next Up.  Would also accept an unaired icon that ebr proposed.

2) In MB Plus Classic there is a "Custom" skin option.  Any documentation on how to customize the skin?

3) When creating a smart list the selections seem to be limited to what the admin profile can see.  For example, I purposely hide all my kids content from my main admin user.  I went to create a smart playlist for their favorite shows and couldn't find any content when searching.  I went back to my library settings and enabled these folders and it worked immediately.  It makes sense why it works this way, I just wasn't expecting it.

1 - Unaired episodes do not show up in the Next Up channel.  Where are you seeing them?

2 - This is undocumented at this time because I just haven't had time to mess with it and there hasn't been any real demand for it.

3 - The searching and auto fill may be limited, but you should be able to type anything you want to into the criteria fields.

inzombyac

Sorry, I associated the Next Up with the Suggested area.  The unaired show up in Suggested for me but not Next Up.  However, it would be nice to be able hide unaired from suggested though.

For the smart list, it did allow me to type anything, but no content was showing up in MB Classic.  For example I had a list for Christmas movies using matching the name convention with *Christmas* as the selection.  All the content was in a folder blocked from my admin account, but not the account used in classic.  Once I enabled the admin account to see the folder, the list worked fine.

New question: how long should it take for the plugin to show as registered?  It has been a few hours and the dashboard still show trial. 

Okay, it sounds like there may be some sort of obscure bug there with the smart list.

Registration should be very quick.  However, I have not seen a recent transaction...