MB Plus Discussion

ebr

Redshirt

With MB Plus set to the Metro Case for seasons I'm noticing M*A*S*H only has the season number for the first season. Every other show has the season number for all seasons. The only thing that pops to mind is that M*A*S*H is the only show I have with more than 9 seasons.

54982cf087452_capture.png

That would be a CA or metadata issue.  Make sure those seasons actually have the Season Number in the metadata.

Redshirt

Good call. It may be something wrong with the metadata. 

Season 1 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
  <SeasonNumber>1</SeasonNumber>
  <Added>2014-08-24 2:58:10 PM</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <LocalTitle>Season 1</LocalTitle>
</Item>

Season 2+

<Item>
  <Added>2014-08-24 2:57:57 PM</Added>
  <LocalTitle>Season 2</LocalTitle>
</Item>

So who gets the bug report? You or Luke?

inzombyac

Okay, it sounds like there may be some sort of obscure bug there with the smart list.

Registration should be very quick.  However, I have not seen a recent transaction...

I have the transaction ID if that helps.

Good call. It may be something wrong with the metadata. 

Season 1 

<Item>
  <SeasonNumber>1</SeasonNumber>
  <Added>2014-08-24 2:58:10 PM</Added>
  <LocalTitle>Season 1</LocalTitle>
</Item>

Season 2+

<Item>
  <Added>2014-08-24 2:57:57 PM</Added>
  <LocalTitle>Season 2</LocalTitle>
</Item>

So who gets the bug report? You or Luke?

Not sure it is a bug.  Could just be old metadata.  Just fill in the season numbers in the editor.

I have the transaction ID if that helps.

PM me a screen shot of the email you received from PayPal.

Redshirt

I've deleted both my season.nfo and season.xml file for each season. I've also added the season number in the metadata editor. Done a library scan and the issue remains. We have so much metadata garbage being generated now it's hard to tell what's relevant and what's not.

Edited by Redshirt

You would need to refresh the affected seasons (perhaps replacing images as well) to cause the images to be re-processed.

skynet600

Hi Eric, my no items in mbplus genre issue is back. I can assure you I am not doing anything to break this. From the no mbplus home screen I can go to movies by genre and all is well. Not so when I go into mbplus.

• 2 weeks later...

A new feature coming soon to MB Plus.  In trying out some new series or watching some bad movies I've found myself wishing that I could tell MB Plus to forget that I watched something and take it out of my suggestions.  So...

54ac92d039ede_mbpforget.png

A new context menu option on playlist tiles where you can tell MB Plus to forget one of these items and then it won't keep it in your suggestions - unless you play it again. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
inzombyac

Is there any way to get search to work from the MB Plus home screen?  Right now, the only way to search is to drill into a folder/item on the home screen.

• 2 weeks later...
Airfleet

I recently moved my server to a dedicated pc. After the move the custom player interface in MB Plus will only allow play and pause functions. Skipping fwd or back doesn't work, but works fine inside of Classic, when I don't go into MB Plus. It worked great for several months before the move, when both the server and client were on the same machine. I've tried several different configurations, still no luck. It seems to be server based, since I have the same problem on two clients running Classic. After lots of research and configuration changes, I'm stumped. I'm hoping someone else has run into this problem and found a fix, I'd sure miss MB Plus. Same result whether I use a mouse or remote (entering skip fwd numbers), or uninstall and reinstall.

This doesn't sound like an MB Plus issue.  What are you calling the "MB Plus custom player interface"?  The player interface is just a part of MBC and is completely independent of MB Plus.

It sounds to me like you haven't setup your library with UNC paths or proper sharing such that the MBC machine can access the files and so they are streaming instead - which would limit your ability to seek.

Airfleet

Thanks for your quick response, ebr. I suspect you're probably right about something network related, since I never had this problem when both the server and client were on the same machine. I should have clarified myself, actually it's the same custom interface that MBC uses. The only difference is that it works in MBC and doesn't in MB Plus (except play and pause). Unfortunately, I don't have the expertise on UNC paths, servers or networks. My MBC client works perfectly (all controls), it's only when I enter MB Plus that I have problems with the interface.

Are you playing the exact same things because I don't see how MB Plus could possibly affect playback or access to the items.

You will need to use UNC paths and have proper network access setup for MBC to be able to direct play any of your content.

Airfleet

I'm able to play any of my video library, in MBC, with full control and great quality. I can then move into Plus and play the same file, but I lose the control (except play/pause), but I still have good audio/video quality. The only change seems to be the player interface control working and the then not working, depending on being in Plus or not. It's a mystery for sure!

It pretty much already is that.  However, whatever is going to utilize the features of MB Plus has to know how to talk to it.  

MB Plus has its own API.  I stated when I created it that I would help any dev who wanted to build something that talked to that API and I do have plans to eventually implement an MB Plus interface in other clients.  

I'd like to get it into MBT but need for that platform to stabilize first.  I will probably also get an MB Plus view into my new Android TV app once I have most of the other basic features done for it because I plan to replace my kids' Roku with an Android TV device and they can utilize the MB Plus interface as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
BillW

Server version 3.0.5569 installed automatically tonight when I turned on my HTPC. When the system finished updating I got an error message pop up box shown, post-2603-0-95575300-1427845502_thumb.jpg 

When I close the error message the server stops. I uninstalled MB Plus, the server worked fine. Rei-installing MB Plus causes the error message to appear again. I was running the release version, Any help would be appreciated. 

inzombyac

This might be a suggestion, and if so I'll post it there.  Is there a way to give Next Up more weight or make its own tile group?  Ideally, when I start Emby classic I want Next Up to be the default icon so I can click OK and start playing.  The only way I have found to do so is to turn off "Show Views" and limit the Suggestions to 1 tile.

Thanks again.