MB Plus Discussion

ebr

And one more minor feature coming that, again may just be tailored to me:

With the huge gap between seasons of most cable series these days (sometimes a whole year or more) I find it hard sometimes to pick up right away with a new season.  Or maybe it has just been a while since I watched the last episode and want to pick back up on a series.

In these instances, I'll often watch one or two of the previous episodes again to get back in the swing of the story but MB Plus always starts my Series playlists with the next one up in line.

So, with the next release, you'll be able to define a number of "previous episodes" you want to be included in your TV Series playlists (defined at the category level).  When the list comes up, it will scroll to the proper one that is next in line but you'll be able to back up if you want to:

546f6ef923471_mbpprevep1.png

Maybe you don't even really want to re-watch them, but you can at least read the synopsis of the previous ones to quickly catch you up on the story line.

Here, I had the previous episodes defined at 2 so I can scroll back to the last one I watched plus one more.

546f6f5b99e31_mbpprevep2.png

• Like 1

I'm really liking the way at MB+ Classic is coming along. Very glad I bought it, but there are a couple of issues I thought might be worth mentioning.

1. With my configuration, I now get a bunch of new 'themed' icons that appear on the left of the screen which show, in my case, 'All Movies', 'Genres', 'Actors' and 'Years'. In the previous version, this list appeared on the right of the main display (off screen on the MB+ EHS), so the first thing you saw when you connected was my Resume section, followed by Suggested, followed by New. I can't see a way of moving that list now, and it really looks out of place. Can we have an option to move it, or is there one already there that I've missed? I've attached a picture of what I now see.

2. The 'themed' icons for the new display are also, to put it mildly, not to my taste. You can customize almost everything else, so we do need a way to change the icons for these. Again, the attachment shows the images. You may agree they don't 'fit' in with everything else.

3. Finally, I might have raised this before, but ultimately, while having these different view options *is* a good idea, unfortunately, most of the time they don't work. I get either total hangups when selecting a view (reports that MB has stopped working), or a partial display. Backgrounds don't seem to work properly, and the movie counts when in Genre view are usually wrong. I loved these views in MB2, and would really like them working properly in MB3 - if possible.

Thanks for listening

post-2268-0-99937400-1417121429_thumb.jpg

If you scroll up in this thread, you will see the explanation of your first two points.  I may make the images customizable at some point or allow the "old style" display.

On your last issue, can you give me some specific examples along with an MBC log.  Thanks.

I started to play with MB plus yesterday. I really like the idea of smart playlists. I've got my first tv series playlist set up but it doesn't auto advance to the next episode. When the episode ends it goes back to the episode start screen as if I started it individually. I am using the Xenon skin. I have the 'replace theme EHS' set to off (my preference) and the 'auto advance video playlist checked. Is there something else I need to enable? I didn't see any options to enable when I set up the smart playlist. The plugin version is 1.0.45; Server version 3.0.5445.6 and MBC version is 3.0.238.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks   

edit:

I also tried with the replace theme EHS enabled. The auto advance still did not work.

Edited by BillW

Did you also turn off the special view for playlists?  If you did, or you are drilling down to the detail page to play the item, then you cannot see the dialog that is there asking you if you want to continue to the next one.  If you just wait about 10 seconds, it will advance automatically though.

Thanks EBR. It was a combination of cockpit errors on my part. I was drilling down to the episode and starting from there. When it ended I didn't see the 'do you want to continue' message and thought the playlist wasn't working. Thanks

@@ebr, anyway to update the Smartlist when items marked as watched?  At least when MBC is restarted?

If I go into a Smartlist (with unwatched only) and marked 2 items watched...no amount of refreshing or restarting MBC will not show the two watched episodes.

There is a bit of discussion of that earlier in this thread.  I haven't worked out the logic to react to only manually marking items watched yet.  If you actually watch something, it will update properly or if you make any other change that I currently see (like add something new to the library or making a config change) it will re-build.  

• Like 1

One more question if you don't mind. I have mbplus set up as an item on the theme EHS. I'm trying to add a backdrop image for it. I was able to add a channels backdrop by putting the image in ImagesByName\General\Channels\backdrop.jpg. So I tried to use that logic and did ImagesByName\General\MBplus\backdrop.jpg which didn't work. I tried every variation of MBplus I could think of mediabrowserplus, media browser plus etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
MrWebsmith

i've been fairly jammed up but i have a current Mb plus issue... recently today i've completely removed the client plugin and the server plugin.. run for a couple days with no mbplus and today redid it all and my issue remains.

simply: my latest tv is wrong.. its 1 tile/show with 17 items... that tile is fine.. but i have TONS more latest items that that tile shouldnt even have "made the cut" and ive set that group to be 9 tiles for display.. (latest for movies is fine, this is a tv library? issue..)

logs and screencaps attached

mbs log of install/setup and running of htpc client:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/p94u1pe3981zhnx/server-63554318690.txt?dl=0

mbc logs:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wju0s385stw1vy/MBClassic-1612201485ac49f19863483b8151ff1c374dbd5d.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9405p8qrbohf8ut/MBClassic-161220144a33b84be7224a008e13faeade80c0e9.log?dl=0

web client tv latest as of this morning:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz3tni9n04bds3h/mbpluslatesttv.webclient.jpg?dl=0

mbc screencap of mbplus issue:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn0nr2e1v519ozs/mbpluslatesttv.mbc.jpg?dl=0

ebr,

no real rush but this is a weird one.. i dont have a good date for you on "when" this started.. its been maybe 1.5-2wks.. i just wanted to have all my ducks in a row to report it... let me know.

edit:

Version 3.0.5463.3000 of mbs (dev track).. 1.0.4.6 of mbplus, mbc 242 (dev)

mbplus config under tv: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v5zq1l35lo1zjq/mbplusconfig2.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvqkkd0ktbo5bre/mbplusconfig1.jpg?dl=0

Edited by MrWebsmith

gthrift

I'm having the exact same issue.  I also tried removing the server and client plugins, as well as deleting the configuration files without success.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpjwao3uxwljm4u/Screenshot%202014-12-16%2011.27.18.png?dl=0

I know I've said this before and I know your reasons for the next up being generated differently, but I really feel like MB Plus would benifit from using the Server's APIs for these features.

Edited by gthrift

I'm having the exact same issue.  I also tried removing the server and client plugins, as well as deleting the configuration files without success.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpjwao3uxwljm4u/Screenshot%202014-12-16%2011.27.18.png?dl=0

I know I've said this before and I know your reasons for the next up being generated differently, but I really feel like MB Plus would benifit from using the Server's APIs for these features.

If it is the exact same thing then it isn't relevant to next up because he is talking about Latest...

gthrift

If it is the exact same thing then it isn't relevant to next up because he is talking about Latest...

Yeah, I know.  I'm having the same issue with the latest, but from what I remember, both latest and next up are generated by MBPlus and not the server.  

I've recently refined this logic to work better on the Suggested side for TV.  Before 1.0.4.6, you could have had the situation where your Suggested TV didn't fill all the slots even though you had some that should be in there.  That should no longer be the case and the Suggested playlists should get filled in to the max (as long as you are in-progress on enough series).

This has probably impacted the latest as well and there may need to be some more refinement there but here is how it should work:

1) If a series is in suggested, it won't show up in Latest also.

2) Only series that are in-progress (meaning you've watched an episode of them) and that have an episode available after the last one you watched will show up here.

That second criteria maybe can be tweaked to only favor series which you have watched an episode of instead of requiring it.  But, can you confirm that you actually do have series that should pass those two tests and, if so, tell me what they are?  Thanks.

MrWebsmith

1)this criteria makes sense.. my "missing latest items" pass that test

2) so latest is still contingent on starting a show.. to me this isnt "latest" anymore.. i'd expect latest to directly follow the servers definition of latest (other than the dont duplicate with suggested..)

yea.. im sure most of mine are failing for 1 of these reasons.. the first reason does make some sense... but the 2nd i think needs to be re-thought or an option to favor/exclude in the config like you say... latest in theory to my mind should NOT exclude unstarted shows (or shows that are started but fall past the suggested tiles... although i get that this bit is harder and i could live with that)...

simplest theory is just to 1:1 match the server so that mb plus is in line with all other clients on the results for latest, no??  (suggested is a core function of mbplus with its own logic that ..so far..none of the other clients display so it should be unique in that)

shorter version:  if 2) was an option or something in the mb plus and i could get it to show all latest (until it fills) that arent in suggested that would cover 99.9% of my need... id be intested in seeing what other users' expectations are of that group or if im the only one that even noticed this change...

Edited by MrWebsmith

Are you saying it is currently working as I outlined?

Which part of 2?  The only part that makes much sense to change is to maybe relieve the requirement of having actually played one of the episodes before.

IMO the latest episodes feature of the server is pretty useless since it lists them backwards.

MrWebsmith

yea i think its currently working in 4.6 as you state above.. with both 1 and 2 as requirements... so for me that means that either the "missing shows" aren't yet "up" in my suggestions or they've never been started as a series at all... 

if you make 2) optional in that you arent required to have started show X ...    to me the only items that shouldnt be in latest are the suggested ones (to prevent a duplicated tile)..otherwise i want to "see" what its coming in that maybe we'd like to start watching, whether its been started at all or not has no real bearing on "latest"

MrWebsmith

IMO the latest episodes feature of the server is pretty useless since it lists them backwards.

the latest i screencapped is more the latest from a series perspective... i agree with you that im not starting the show ive never watched in the middle someplace... but i would use that as a prompt that i added s02e01 and i never started it so lets see that shows logo/thumb as a reminder and start it up (from s01e01...)

Try 1.0.4.7 server plug-in.  See if it does what you expect.  If not, please post the server log.  Thanks.

MrWebsmith

nope.. i marked with a red circle some of the expecting to sees.. none of the circles are in suggested tiles so they "should" be in latest..

mbs log:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2cfvre7032lc7j/server-63554339378.txt?dl=0

expected shows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qg88h6hi5d8u6yt/mbplus%20expecting%20to%20see.jpg?dl=0   (undercover boss i marked by mistake, but it does now show..so ignore the circle on this one)

current 4.7 latest group: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8es9azxxzog0e4/mbpluslatesttv.mbc2.jpg?dl=0

Edited by MrWebsmith

skynet600

I am a bit behind on mb+ sorry to say. I know it is likely to be something simple that I am missing but in all my genre view I simply get a no items message. What am I missing here please?