meatrack

dark_slayer

Another alternative if your never going to use it for Amazon content (like my recent gift recipients who only have it for mediabrowser and Netflix) then you can also simply sideload the Amazon app store. Then every sideloaded app will appear on the Fire TVs stock launcher

MSattler

Stupid question, but are we still at a point where devices like the FireTV cannot play back MKV streams natively from a share, without the need for transcoding?

And should streaming live tv through FireTV/Android App mean it is connecting right to the HDHomerun tuner?

Thanks!

MSattler

Stupid question, but are we still at a point where devices like the FireTV cannot play back MKV streams natively from a share, without the need for transcoding?

And should streaming live tv through FireTV/Android App mean it is connecting right to the HDHomerun tuner?

Thanks!

Since the android app went free today, I sideloaded it onto my Fire TV.

I'd like to try sideloading it but where can I get the apk file?

If I 'purchase' it off Amazon it shows the FireTV as not being compatible and does not send it to it.

(at least this is my experience)

wraslor

Download agk fire to your phone or tablet, it allows you to send files from your phone to the fire stick. Push the media browser apk over or the amazon app store and then mb will show up under apps on the stick.

• Like 2

dark_slayer

Still not completely direct streaming AFAIK, maxbitrate is 21 Mbps and many movies (all non-x264'd BDs) are higher than that

andcbii

How do i down load the APK to slide load the Fire TV Stick? I've purchased the app in google play before and have it on a tablet already, but can not figure out how to down load just the apk. 

dark_slayer

Like wraslor said, just go to the play store on whichever tablet or phone you have apps installed on (that you would like installed on the fire) and install agk fire. It will just push whichever installed apps you choose over to the fire. By far the easiest method

Es and tibackup work as well just not as easy and extra steps required (like adb)

• 2 weeks later...

I like this app as it loads the library fairly quick and doesn't reload everytime you do something.

Just wondering if there is a way to get ac3 5.1 sound to play?

I do know that AFT will allow you to have ac3 sound as it works with Plex.

jhoff80

Hmm, I pushed the APK over to try this out, and the app shows no PIN to use MB Connect with.  If I try to enter credentials manually, it just freezes on the "Connecting" screen.  Am I doing something wrong?

Edit:  Never mind, that was weird.  I cleared data and cleared cache and it works.

Edited by jhoff80

jhoff80

Really liking the TV mode on this now that I found out it's an option.  There's some nitpicks to be had, but it's far better than anything else I was trying on my Fire TV Stick (<cough> Kodi).

With redshirt taking some time away, I assume the dedicated Fire TV client might be up in the air for a while longer than expected, so I highly recommend trying this out.

With redshirt taking some time away, I assume the dedicated Fire TV client might be up in the air for a while longer than expected, so I highly recommend trying this out.

What you are using now is the Fire TV client.  It just needs more work.

• Like 1

i use two profiles. one with password protection and one without.

how can i logout if i use a profile?

First option in the hamburger menu.

• Like 1

MSattler

What you are using now is the Fire TV client.  It just needs more work.

Is it possible to get it submitted to Amazon at some point?  Sideloading workins, but without having an actual Android device, it becomes a pain to find a copy of the apk, and then sideload  I really want to get the app in a legit manner.  =)

• Like 1

mediacowboy

I agree. Can we please get it released for fire tv

Edited by mediacowboy

First option in the hamburger menu.

where? i use 2.1.38 (extract from my Smartphone).

why is there no auto logout?

Edited by noxx

The TV layout was never completed.  It was released as an early testing release and then the developer took a break.  I haven't played with it much so maybe the logout option isn't there in that layout.  In the regular layouts it is the first item in the hamburger menu from the start screen.

There is no auto logout because the app was designed to be used on a phone or a tablet.

MSattler

While the client is still free, is it possible to make the apk available on the download site for now?  Not having any other android device, I have to search in less than desirable places to find the apk to sideload.  If it's going to be free for now, I'd rather download it from here?

Thanks!

• Like 1