meatrack

For android, the device profiles are generated dynamically using android api's that tell us the capabilities and supported formats. So it is going to vary. Looking at the media info, the fire tv is documented to support h264 level 40 and that video is 41, so that's why it's transcoding. 

MSattler

When moving from the main menu on the left to say "latest movies" as I continue to scroll to the right, the left part of the screen still shows the grey menu from the main menu. It gives a sort of squished feel to the cover art being displayed.

Any way we can remove that grey bar?

TrackZ

Nice that this is available. 

So for the rush of regular questions:

- does is pass through DD and DTS?

- any chance of HD audio?

- any 24hz output?

- is it direct playing AVC from a bluray rip in an mkv?

- what about vc1 and mpeg2?

- what's the subtitled support like? Pgs from bluray in an mkv with forced flag honored?

Thanks. If this is solid, it could bring me back to Emby and make th fire TV more prominent in my setup. 

Latchmor

We're good ;).

Seriously - it turned out I was able to share a lot of code between the two implementations.

Excellent work again ebr (and Luke if you were involved). I just installed and had a quick play before going out again. I resumed film and it crashed after about a minute, do you auto get logs like the Android TV or do I need to dig them out for you later?

Cheers  ;)

When moving from the main menu on the left to say "latest movies" as I continue to scroll to the right, the left part of the screen still shows the grey menu from the main menu. It gives a sort of squished feel to the cover art being displayed.

Any way we can remove that grey bar?

A "squished feel"?  

If you're referring to what I think you are, that is a standard UX technique telling you that there is something there if you scroll to it but it would have absolutely no effect on the covers being displayed.

Excellent work again ebr (and Luke if you were involved). I just installed and had a quick play before going out again. I resumed film and it crashed after about a minute, do you auto get logs like the Android TV or do I need to dig them out for you later?

Cheers  ;)

I get a report of the crash but, unfortunately, I don't get a log from the Fire TV.

Can you explain exactly what you did and exactly what happened?

MSattler

Well it just seems like the coverart is almost too tall? Then again this is on a smaller display. I will try it tonight on a bigger display and see where that gets me.

mgworek

Set it in the server dashboard.

I know how to do it on the web front end, does that carry over to devices? I've only used the web client and Kodi so far. I tried the iOS app at one point but never found it there either. 

If it carries over to the devices, i never knew.

Is there a unplayed filter anywhere? 

Not specifically but the "Latest" row that is in most views only includes unplayed items - sorted by added date descending.

Rew452

This great!  but why only Stereo PCM?

Is there some setting that needs to be set?

On the Fire TV it has TrueHD 7.1 and AC3 neither enable as such.

Thanks

Rew

This great!  but why only Stereo PCM?

Is there some setting that needs to be set?

On the Fire TV it has TrueHD 7.1 and AC3 neither enable as such.

Thanks

Rew

can you do a little research for me? sign into the fire tv app. Then go to the server machine, find the server's program data folder. then go into /data/devices and search for a file called device.json. if you sign into the fire tv app just before doing this, it should be the most recently modified one. please grab that file and post it here. thanks.

Rew452

Here you go Luke. but I tried but forum won't allow me to attach the file, it says not permitted.

any other way to get it to you?

Rew.

paul777

For android, the device profiles are generated dynamically using android api's that tell us the capabilities and supported formats. So it is going to vary. Looking at the media info, the fire tv is documented to support h264 level 40 and that video is 41, so that's why it's transcoding. 

HI, I have done a bit more debug digging, and it seems that BaseStreamingService.ApplyDeviceSettings is never managing to construct a TranscodingProfile and DeviceProfile.GetVideoMediaProfile is never getting as far as checking any conditions because the ResponseProfiles collection is always empty which is also what I see in the device.json. The DeviceProfile.containers collection is also empty.

HI, I have done a bit more debug digging, and it seems that BaseStreamingService.ApplyDeviceSettings is never managing to construct a TranscodingProfile and DeviceProfile.GetVideoMediaProfile is never getting as far as checking any conditions because the ResponseProfiles collection is always empty which is also what I see in the device.json. The DeviceProfile.containers collection is also empty.

hmmm. i can't imagine all of that is true. if there were no transcoding profile it would not use HLS since regular mp4 or ts is the default. So the fact that HLS got used at all is an indication that the app's transcoding profiles were respected.  What are you looking for specifically? because your question from before i'm pretty sure is the h264 level.

KPH123

Well done!  I'm really impressed with the quality of the new Amazon fire app and wanted to offer my congratulations on the official release.    

Unfortunately, all of my Sd and HD content on the media server is H264 high profile level 4.1 (the defalult handbrake high profile setting) so transcoding is occurring.  

dragon2611

Does the new app support 5.1?

if not I may install it on the fTV stick upstairs and then leave the fTV on kodi.

KPH123

I wanted to repeat again how impressed I am with the new app.  Navigation is fast, cover art shows up fairly quick (I have a large library), and I appreciate how easy it is to get to content I most likely want to watch next.  IMO, "intelligent, fluid interface" is an accurate description.  Nice!

• Like 1

Well done!  I'm really impressed with the quality of the new Amazon fire app and wanted to offer my congratulations on the official release.    

Unfortunately, all of my Sd and HD content on the media server is H264 high profile level 4.1 (the defalult handbrake high profile setting) so transcoding is occurring.  

The fire tv is rated for 4.0, although there is always the possibility that it can accept a little higher than it's rating. If we can investigate this then we'll consider adding an override.

• Like 1