meatrack

paul777

we have a check against anamorphic video. i'm not sure if the device supports that or not.

Hi Luke,

It seems to transcode this one as well which is not marked as anamorphic

Video
CodecH264

ProfileHigh

Level41

Resolution1914x1080

Aspect ratio16:9

AnamorphicNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate29.96989

Bitrate5798 kbps

Bit depth8 bit

Pixel formatyuv420p

Audio
Languageeng

CodecAAC

ProfileLC

Layoutstereo

Bitrate156 kbps

Sample rate48000 khz

DefaultYes

Audio
Languageeng

CodecAC3

Layout5.1

Bitrate625 kbps

Sample rate48000 khz

DefaultNo

Subtitle
Languageeng

CodecMOV_TEXT

DefaultNo

ForcedNo

ExternalNo

Containermp4

Path\\LOUNGE\Media\Documentaries\Series\Earth The Power Of The Planet\Earth The Power Of The Planet S01E01.mp4

meatrack

I bought Emby from Amazon last year (before it was free) when the 10' interface was being worked added to the app. Now I need to re-buy this for full functionality? Is that right? My previous purchase from Amazon doesn't count?

CBers

I bought Emby from Amazon last year (before it was free) when the 10' interface was being worked added to the app. Now I need to re-buy this for full functionality? Is that right? My previous purchase from Amazon doesn't count?

You shouldn't have to if you have your Emby Supporter Key added to your Emby server.

Unlock appears in settings menu and playback.

Okay, I'm still not sure we're saying the same thing.

This button right here - does it appear in your app?

553cdebfb3054_unlock.png

MSattler

You shouldn't have to if you have your Emby Supporter Key added to your Emby server.

I still don't get why people would even be upset for spending a little money on Emby.  It's a labor of love no one really has made any money on.  Sure.. some of the app writers have charged for the app, but look at the functionality we get.   I'll never understand this.....

MSattler

Hi Luke,

It seems to transcode this one as well which is not marked as anamorphic

Video
CodecH264

ProfileHigh

Level41

Resolution1914x1080

AnamorphicNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate29.96989

Bitrate5798 kbps

Bit depth8 bit

Pixel formatyuv420p

Audio
Languageeng

CodecAAC

ProfileLC

Layoutstereo

Bitrate156 kbps

Sample rate48000 khz

DefaultYes

Audio
Languageeng

CodecAC3

Layout5.1

Bitrate625 kbps

Sample rate48000 khz

DefaultNo

Subtitle
Languageeng

CodecMOV_TEXT

DefaultNo

ForcedNo

ExternalNo

Containermp4

Path\\LOUNGE\Media\Documentaries\Series\Earth The Power Of The Planet\Earth The Power Of The Planet S01E01.mp4

I think that is typical though I thought.   Even on the google nexus player nearly everything in Android TV is transcoded, at least for audio.  The android player also does not support direct play because of its lack of samba playback.  So the best it could ever do as is is direct stream.

I do apologize but that app was written by (and you paid) a 3rd party who is no longer around.  We had to build this one from the ground up.

Also as mentioned, all android apps built by the core team will be free for supporters.

CBers

I still don't get why people would even be upset for spending a little money on Emby.  It's a labor of love no one really has made any money on.  Sure.. some of the app writers have charged for the app, but look at the functionality we get.   I'll never understand this.....

Especially as it's FREE :D

• Like 1

MSattler

Especially as it's FREE :D

I say we start charging a small amount for the apps, use that for getting help to get a better native android player built, so we have the same playback options as Kodi =)

meatrack

Way to jump to conclusions, MSattler. I never said I was upset. I've already purchased the app and I'm trying to understand what I need to do, even if that means having to purchase it again.

But keep making assumptions. Also, if I've already spent money on the app, then I guess I'm not against doing that, am I?

MSattler

Way to jump to conclusions, MSattler. I never said I was upset. I've already purchased the app and I'm trying to understand what I need to do, even if that means having to purchase it again.

But keep making assumptions. Also, if I've already spent money on the app, then I guess I'm not against doing that, am I?

"Now I need to re-buy this for full functionality? Is that right? My previous purchase from Amazon doesn't count?"

That sounds exactly like some others who keep whining about having to spend minimal amounts of money for this great product.  Yes you purchased an app before.  Guess what, the rest of us have well.   Guess what, I also paid for Mediabrowser 2, and then paid again for 3.  If you don't want to pay for it, then help out.  Dont' ask what Emby can do for you, ask what you can do for Emby =)

And yes, I will keep making assumptions, one of the rights I have for having served this great nation.

Cheers!

MSattler

Playback is working well here, need to get it tested out on the kids remote Fire TV Stick, but so far so good.  How in the world were you able to replicate the Android TV version so well for the Fire TV Stick?

How in the world were you able to replicate the Android TV version so well for the Fire TV Stick?

We're good ;).

Seriously - it turned out I was able to share a lot of code between the two implementations.

• Like 1

meatrack

I do apologize but that app was written by (and you paid) a 3rd party who is no longer around.  We had to build this one from the ground up.

Also as mentioned, all android apps built by the core team will be free for supporters.

No problem, just asking.

Everything seems to be working perfectly so far, outside of an initial crash when I first opened it. Is there a way you can add in YouTube trailers for movies? That's not a make or break feature for me, but my wife uses them from time to time.

Hi correct that does not appear on home screen.

Okay, good.  Then it is just a problem with the message.  You are unlocked.  The message will be fixed with the next release but that may be a few days from now.

• Like 1

Is there a way you can add in YouTube trailers for movies? That's not a make or break feature for me, but my wife uses them from time to time.

Any trailers available via the Trailers plug-in will be there but the server doesn't currently support YT trailers specifically because their TOS prohibit downloading or playing them outside of YouTube.  It may be possible in this app if YouTube is installed on the device (the NP has it by default but I'm not sure about the Fire) but it would still require some additional functionality in the server to support it.

i'm sure the app can easily launch a youtube trailer using the youtube app. the problem will be getting back. the video may end and youtube may keep you there. it might not be something can control

paul777

Great news, and nice interface.

One slight issue I've noticed is that it seems to always transcode when I would have expected it to direct play from source and my server struggles when doing live transcoding of 1920x1080 video. In my settings on the fireTV the bitrate is set to 30MBps

Here is the start of one of the transcode logs and details of the video as shown on the emby webpage

h ttp://192.168.0.153/mediabrowser/videos/78e87583b2f5d0317fe7cde5cbe5fb17/hlsdynamic/main/0.ts?DeviceId=ba13856905fc0c33&MediaSourceId=78e87583b2f5d0317fe7cde5cbe5fb17&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=aac&AudioStreamIndex=1&VideoBitrate=29872000&AudioBitrate=128000&MaxAudioChannels=2&MaxWidth=1920&MaxHeight=1080&Level=40&ClientTime=1430049301639&MaxVideoBitDepth=8&Profile=high&PlaySessionId=31248bc270ed4b0c9bfe6e5ebf4ef16c&api_key=11785974edbc4e22b5f5769d4b07aa5c

C:\Users\mceuser\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20150110\ffmpeg.exe -fflags +genpts -i file:"\\lounge\media\TV Series\24\Season 9\24 S09E01.mp4" -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset superfast -crf 23 -maxrate 1429344 -bufsize 2858688 -vsync vfr -profile:v high -level 40 -force_key_frames expr:gte(t,n_forced*3) -vf "scale=min(max(iw\,ih*dar)\,1280):trunc(ow/dar/2)*2" -flags -global_header -copyts -sc_threshold 0 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 128000 -af "adelay=1,aresample=async=1" -hls_time 3 -start_number 0 -hls_list_size 0 -y "D:\Mediabrowser\transcodeTemp\84e4f51b867c474cdeb639d8d8850f0b.m3u8"

CodecH264

ProfileHigh

Level41

Resolution720x574

AnamorphicYes

InterlacedNo

Framerate25

Bitrate1395 kbps

Bit depth8 bit

Pixel formatyuv420p

Ref frames4

CABACYes

Audio

Languageeng

CodecAAC

ProfileLC

Layoutstereo

Bitrate156 kbps

Sample rate48000 khz

DefaultYes

Audio

Languageeng

CodecAC3

Layout5.1

Bitrate437 kbps

Sample rate48000 khz

DefaultNo

Subtitle

Languageund

CodecMOV_TEXT

DefaultNo

ForcedNo

ExternalNo

For reference if I play it on my phone with emby it does transcode it but it does a direct stream copy, which obviously doesn't kill the cpu!

C:\Users\mceuser\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20150110\ffmpeg.exe -fflags +genpts -i file:"\\lounge\media\TV Series\24\Season 9\24 S09E01.mp4" -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -flags -global_header -copyts -sc_threshold 0 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 128000 -af "adelay=1,aresample=async=1" -hls_time 3 -start_number 0 -hls_list_size 0 -y "D:\Mediabrowser\transcodeTemp\f26cfdcd31a67b099c191f5d71044894.m3u8"

• Like 1

For reference if I play it on my phone with emby it does transcode it but it does a direct stream copy, which obviously doesn't kill the cpu!

C:\Users\mceuser\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20150110\ffmpeg.exe -fflags +genpts -i file:"\\lounge\media\TV Series\24\Season 9\24 S09E01.mp4" -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -flags -global_header -copyts -sc_threshold 0 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 128000 -af "adelay=1,aresample=async=1" -hls_time 3 -start_number 0 -hls_list_size 0 -y "D:\Mediabrowser\transcodeTemp\f26cfdcd31a67b099c191f5d71044894.m3u8"

phone with android, or the browser? the web client might just be missing that check

Keep in mind that the Fire is running on an Amazon modified version of Android 4.2.2.  Maybe this isn't related but there may be differences in capabilities between the devices.