meatrack

Latchmor

Yeah I pre-ordered mine. £50 price ends Monday in case you didn't notice.  ;)

Arrived today, seems pretty slick and I quite like it so far. My MB catalogue would look great on it.  :P

Interface is a lot quicker than my LG Smart TV and since I'm an Amazon Prime and Netflix user it just made sense for me to get one. Also I have another older TV that doesn't have Prime or Netflix apps so handy to hook this little box up to it.

Cheers

MrWebsmith

i use mb via the nice xbmc skins with that plugin... while its not a "native app" (which is coming) it works wonderfully and i have no complaints

chambonito

OK, here's a teaser. The TV UI is being actively worked on, but no ETA. It'll be released as soon as possible.

5457f25b628bd_screen.png

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! AMAZING WORK! KEEP ROCKIN IT!!  Please let me know if you need a Beta/Alpha tester..I'd be happy to help~!!

Edited by chambonito

chambonito

I have sideloaded the Media Browser android app onto my Amazon Fire tv but I have to use a keyboard/mouse combo plugged into the USB instead of the provided amazon remote...I would really like to see a native app...Please sneak peek???

Redshirt

OK, here's a teaser. The TV UI is being actively worked on, but no ETA. It'll be released as soon as possible.

5457f25b628bd_screen.png

• Like 11

nagle3092

5457f25b628bd_screen.png

Cant wait! What is the status of 5.1 audio using this with the firetv?

z31fanatic

That looks good. If DD and DTS work without using an external player, you will have a real winner. I will start spreading the word on the Plex forum because there are a lot of unhappy Plex users because DD and DTS don't work in Plex for FTV.

Edited by z31fanatic
  • Like 2

thefranklin

I am excited for this.  My XBMB3 install stopped working all of the sudden (after not using for a month or two) so I actually installed Plex.  They were giving the Amazon app away for free recently and so far it is working fine.  XBMB3 was ok, but I had enough problems I don't want Kodi to be a long term solution for me.

I just tried the Windows 8 app and it works flawlessy, I cannot wait for that on the FireTV.

I am also psyched at all of the different platforms that can now run the server, that is great news.  Keep up the good work!

MSattler

5457f25b628bd_screen.png

That looks a hell of a lot better than the Roku.

Cannot wait!

• 2 weeks later...

It is my understanding that the current media browser android app now transcodes all files in MKV containers ( :( ).

Will the Media Browser FireTv app support direct MKV video playback?  All of my media library (HD and SD) is high profile H264 video/original DTS or AC3 audio in MKV containers.  

I use MBT in my dedicated home theater, but wanted to use a FireTV to replace an end of life HTPC upstairs (I've already purchased the FireTv).   I want to avoid any kind of video transcoding at all costs. 

The screenshot teaser looks really good!

Edited by KPH123

Macburp

Cant wait! What is the status of 5.1 audio using this with the firetv?

@@Redshirt, the new UI is looking very good. Will the new app be compatible with Android TV from day 1?

Redshirt

I'm not going to comment on capabilities, features etc until the UI is closer to release.

nagle3092

I'm not going to comment on capabilities, features etc until the UI is closer to release.

I know giving an exact date would probably be impossible but do you have an estimate or maybe a window your hoping to release in?

I can understand and appreciate your position on not wanting to comment at this time on the capabilities of the Fire TV app you are currently developing.   You have done a great job on the original Android app.  I'm confident you will create a FireTv app just as impressive.

Let me only add that I think the ability to play mkv files via a Fire TV without transcoding would likely be an important feature for those of us who use the MKV container (I chose MKV as my default container due to DTS passthru for HD files).  Transcoding video/audio for various small screen mobile android devices that are used both inside and outside of the home is arguably a necessary evil to ensure compatibility with the greatest number of devices (the lack of transcoding in your android app for MKV files was previously a nice value-added bonus).  IMO, I don't think the same case can be made for watching videos on a big screen tv in the home on an HTPC replacement device like the Fire TV where native video and audio quality are paramount to many. 

I hope my tone is proper here because I genuinely respect the hard work you and other developers put into Media Browser.  I also recognize it's impossible to please everyone, especially considering time constraints and the possible technical limitations of the Fire TV operating system.  I personally would like to see your Media Browser Fire TV app prove to be a true HTPC replacement which IMO means no transcoding. 

Maybe it was too soon to even write this post because I wouldn't be surprised if your plan was always to allow for direct play same as MBC and MBT.  

I look forward to your Fire TV app release. 

Edited by KPH123

MSattler

Just checking in to see if there is an update for this.  I tried XBMC on the Fire TV Stick, but although being better than ROKU it leaves a lot to be desired for.  Is this app still being worked on?

Being that I've figured out how to get the Google Play Store working correctly, the Android app is not a possibility, so this is my only hope right now =)

Thanks,

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...
MSattler

Can we donate to persuade the developer to provide some update, continue to work on this, and help beta test?

My TV Stick is useless until this is released.  

Thanks!

MrWebsmith

well its being actively beta tested right now, but certainly a donation to Redshirt's hard work would always be a generous thing to do.. :)

Redshirt

Sending me a donation is nice thought, but it won't change anything. The 10' UI is being actively worked on, I'm using a Fire TV now as my primary HTPC, so I'm self-motivated to get it feature complete.

• Like 2

Has anyone tried the mirroring feature? I haven't yet, but I wonder if this can be used with the Android app?

Sent from a mobile device.