meatrack

Latchmor

I get a report of the crash but, unfortunately, I don't get a log from the Fire TV.

Can you explain exactly what you did and exactly what happened?

Hi, didn't do much really. I think I just pushed up/down on the remote to see the on screen controls and after it went away by itself it crashed soon afterwards. I'm currently watching the same resumed file and it's playing fine. I've paused and played using actual pause/play button and the on screen controls and all is well.  :)

Also if you're enjoying the app, please take a moment to review it in the store. Thanks :)

paul777

hmmm. i can't imagine all of that is true. if there were no transcoding profile it would not use HLS since regular mp4 or ts is the default. So the fact that HLS got used at all is an indication that the app's transcoding profiles were respected.  What are you looking for specifically? because your question from before i'm pretty sure is the h264 level.

I was trying to remove the condition temporarily to test whether the reported supported level could be pushed further  (wondering whether an override would be worthwhile) and changing the condition logic in ConditionProcessor didn't seem to have any effect. I have since found an older video with older codecs which does indeed do a stream copy (into an m3u8 container which isn't mentioned in the json?) so something odd is going on and I guess I haven't managed to debug the right bit yet somehow. Any tips?  (I also tried tweaking the json file to specify level 41 after connecting but before playing videos - not sure if that should have any effect or not but it didn't seem to help)

it would have to be changed within the app's profile itself because it will keep reporting it to the server. also, the library that does the stream evaluation is portable and as of now the app is doing it client-side.

fuzzthekingoftrees

Does the new app support 5.1?

if not I may install it on the fTV stick upstairs and then leave the fTV on kodi.

I'd like to know this too. I installed quickly on my stick this morning and had a play. Everything was passed to my amp as stereo PCM.

Vlaves

Thanks so much :) As far as I can see, the App does not support German language. Is there any way I can support here to get it translated to german?

Regards

Vlaves

Ok, nevermind. Just browsed the github repository and I have seen the german strings, so I guess it is just not listed in the description on the amazon website :)

Regards

Vlaves

Ok, nevermind. Just browsed the github repository and I have seen the german strings, so I guess it is just not listed in the description on the amazon website :)

Regards

Vlaves

I will rectify that.  Do the translations work?

paul777

it would have to be changed within the app's profile itself because it will keep reporting it to the server. also, the library that does the stream evaluation is portable and as of now the app is doing it client-side.

thanks Luke, I have understood what is going on now! I tested removing the level check in the EncodingJobFactory and it does then do a stream copy and I can report that the FireTV stick seems happy with level 41, so some ability to override this would be nice.  I can also report that the FireTV stick doesn't seem to support anamorphic videos so will need to pass AllowAnamorphic=false as a parameter, (I assume that the anamorphic flag on the stream will be carrying across properly when it is doing a stream copy and that it is the FireTV not supporting it rather than the stream not telling it) 

Looking here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Levels) it seems the difference between level 4.0 and 4.1 is just maximum supported bitrate, although a lot of the videos I have say they are level41, their bitrate would actually mark them as being compatible with level 40, so no surprise that they work and maybe some logic we can code it to allow a reported level 41 when the bitrate is within range for level 40.

(Thanks for all the work on this, amazing job keeping the UI so in style with the FireTV - I'm getting very close to being able to drop at least some of my xbox extenders)

Edited by paul777

aperry

I'm loving the Fire TV client. Really nice job guys. I travel a lot and I expect this will be a huge help!

Quick question: In playing around with this last night, I was unable to get the Live TV functionality to work. I tried several channels and each time it failed. From memory I believe it gave me a message about failing to open the video, but I'll have to wait until tonight to get the actual error. Anyway, my question is whether this is expected to work, or if it's a known issue? I'm using the ServerWMC service (with an HDHomerun Prime).

Thanks!

Aaron

Live TV should definitely work.  I have it going on the Fire right now.  Ensure that you can actually tune in the same channel with the Web client.

mediacowboy

Is there plans to have a Live TV Guide like what the web client has and if so is there an ETA?

mediacowboy

Don't apologize. You and the team do awesome work. I have been waiting for this on the Roku so I don't mind waiting for it on the stick. Keep up the amazing work.

aperry

Live TV should definitely work.  I have it going on the Fire right now.  Ensure that you can actually tune in the same channel with the Web client.

Thanks for the quick response. I will play around with it some more tonight and report back.

siu99ss2

Hi,

It was a fantastic surprise to hear FireTV app had been released.

Just have one query (not sure if this should be posted in server section) but I have remote client streaming set to a maximum bitrate of 3.5mbps but the server dashboard displays transcoding at FireTV settings value eg 10mbps.

Does this mean that server max value is not being enforced correctly or it is enforced but just displaying FireTV's native setting? I'm using latest official build.

Can I check this in a log file?

Thanks.

Hi,

It was a fantastic surprise to hear FireTV app had been released.

Just have one query (not sure if this should be posted in server section) but I have remote client streaming set to a maximum bitrate of 3.5mbps but the server dashboard displays transcoding at FireTV settings value eg 10mbps.

Does this mean that server max value is not being enforced correctly or it is enforced but just displaying FireTV's native setting? I'm using latest official build.

Can I check this in a log file?

Thanks.

The setting only applies to remote streaming, when the client is outside the home network. if this is the case, then please provide the server log.

siu99ss2

@@Luke - sorry should have clarified. Yes FireTV was accessing server over http address.

Server log attached.

Edited by siu99ss2