meatrack

Eric - is there a way of having the synopsis display whilst playback is in progress?

We have it in the Samsung Smart TV app and it's very useful. Negates you having to stop playback to read the synopsis.

Thanks.

Perhaps at some point.

• Like 1

mgworek

Used the app for the first time since the update. 

Thanks for the unwatched rows!

dragon2611

Do I have to change something on the server to get previews for chapters?

The UI looks like it's designed to show thumbnails for the chapter skip so presumably there's a way to generate them so it doesn't just show the placeholder. 

Vidman

Yep there's a setting on the server under metadata/advanced/chapters and a scheduled task that is run to extract them

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

CBers

@@ebr - my FTV had a Video Playback error and I sent a report to you. Thus just happened so report should be timestamped a couple of minutes before this post.

I'll get the server log posted shortly.

Thanks.

CBers

@@ebr - my FTV had a Video Playback error and I sent a report to you. Thus just happened so report should be timestamped a couple of minutes before this post.

I'll get the server log posted shortly.

Thanks.

Server log

For reference, there are tons of errors in the log.

2015-05-13 11:53:07.7082 Error - App: Error sending web socket message ScheduledTasksInfo
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5610.43036
Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Value cannot be null.
System.ArgumentNullException
  at System.Threading.Monitor.ReliableEnter(Object obj, Boolean& lockTaken)
  at System.Threading.SemaphoreSlim.<WaitUntilCountOrTimeoutAsync>d__3.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.BasePeriodicWebSocketListener`2.<SendData>d__d.MoveNext()
2015-05-13 11:55:05.3329 Error - ChannelManager: Error retrieving channel item from database
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5610.43036
Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Application Path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'SqliteItemRepository has been disposed and cannot be accessed.'.
System.ObjectDisposedException
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteItemRepository.CheckDisposed()
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteItemRepository.RetrieveItem(Guid id)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetItemById(Guid id)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetItemById[T](String idString, String channelName, String channnelDataVersion, Boolean& isNew)
Edited by CBers

This happened during playback or at the very end of it?  Here is what happened on the server side (unfortunately, logs don't work from the Fire TV):

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\ab097b067013c2763ae6d6a0ef129a1d.m3u8' because it is being used by another process.

Also, it looks like you are several versions behind on the app again.  Not sure if this is relevant but you are on .31 and current is .37.

CBers

During playback, about 10-15 minutes in, IIRC.

What other process would have it in use?

There's no update on my FTV, I checked and check regularly.

Edited by CBers

Gregster35

Just bought a Amazon Fire TV stick, installed the Emby app, working perfectly, but. Emby says its in trial mode and will expire in 4 days. I have tried to purchase but it keeps saying "An error occurred while processing your purchase" I have been on my Amazon account and cannot find where to purchase, I have also cleared cache but still no joy. Any help would be much appreciated.

What region of the world are you in?  Is the Fire Stick officially available there?

CBers

I don't have a Live TV backend so don't see the newly added TV guide, but I've used .38 to watch stuff tonight.

Only had one glitch, similar to the other night, when I got a Video Playback error message pop-up and playback stopped.

Started the video again and it played without issue.

CBers

Seems as though the m3u8 file was in use by another process again:

2015-05-14 21:51:04.3670 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5612.1300
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Application Path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\123406780ffbbcb4b086c0623026c50b.m3u8' because it is being used by another process.
	System.IO.IOException
	   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
	   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.IO.CommonFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Boolean isAsync)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Hls.BaseHlsService.GetPlaylistFileStream(String path)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Hls.DynamicHlsService.<GetSegmentResult>d__18.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Hls.DynamicHlsService.<GetDynamicSegment>d__2.MoveNext()

2015-05-14 21:51:04.3820 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/videos/19b489e666d8434d2fdef2cd16fd86bb/hlsdynamic/main/6.ts?DeviceId=dae9f758a0cc51b6&MediaSourceId=19b489e666d8434d2fdef2cd16fd86bb&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=aac&AudioStreamIndex=2&VideoBitrate=29872000&AudioBitrate=128000&MaxAudioChannels=2&MaxWidth=1920&MaxHeight=1080&Level=41&ClientTime=1431636653511&MaxVideoBitDepth=8&Profile=high&PlaySessionId=bb83aab4e1524b8a88fdc5c638e29533&api_key=585781ce859742a19668f6e77d20f1f8
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5612.1300
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Application Path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\123406780ffbbcb4b086c0623026c50b.m3u8' because it is being used by another process.
	ServiceStack.HttpError
	No Stack Trace Available

I guess we should move this discussion to the server forum but do you have anything on the machine that might be monitoring that folder (or parent of it) that might cause the conflict?

Probably more likely that it is a piece of our system somehow causing it but I'm not sure how we track that down.

A/V software comes to mind though...

CBers

No, nothing.

As you can see, it's transcoding from the MediaBrowser-Server default folder.

Throttling is also disabled.

Edited by CBers

mgworek

I watched 3 shows last night. 2 of them I did not manually stop at the end thinking the app would stop them. When the show ended the app automatically jumped back 5-10 minutes into the show. I manually stopped them but i noticed on my server this morning it was showing the 2 shows as in progress and i didn't finish watching them. The 1 show that was fine, I manually stopped it at the end of the show.

I do not have the queue all subsequent episodes feature enabled so I know it didn't just jump into the next show. Which I thought it was doing until I noticed on my server that the shows I did watch were still in progress.

That is a known problem with HLS streaming in some situations.  It isn't in the app it is a problem with the server/protocol.  Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Rew452

I really like the FireTv Emby app! Any news on getting something more than PCM stereo for audio?

Thanks

Rew

mgworek

That is a known problem with HLS streaming in some situations.  It isn't in the app it is a problem with the server/protocol.  Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Thats cool. I wasn't sure if it was known or not so just wanted to mention it.

Thanks.

I really like the FireTv Emby app! Any news on getting something more than PCM stereo for audio?

Thanks

Rew

I haven't hooked the Fire up to my main system to test but I get 5.1 from this app on the Nexus Player.  Does that not work with the Fire as well?

Rew452

Earlier in thread just after it released I posted the question about seeing only PCM Stereo on FireTV. I am using the latest Windows server on my WHS2011 server and everything else is working fine.

I checked a day ago and am still only getting stereo pcm although if I check the audio in the app it shows 7.1 and 5.1 with 7.1 checked.No difference if I change to 5.1.

Rew

I just looked and my Fire is reporting that it only supports two-channel audio but that may be because I have it hooked up just straight to a cheap TV right now.  I'll have to take it in and attach it to my real system and see what happens.

cgrey000

Lack of multichannel audio has been a frustration for me, too. In my case, it has been due to everything being transcoded (which automatically drops to 2CH AAC).

Some reasons this has happened:

H264 level 4.1 files (4.0 is the highest supported by FTV, though 4.1 files will play just fine as long as the max bitrates are not exceeded)

Subtitles (this is the backbreaker for me). Any video played with subtitles (that are not "burned in") will force transcoding, and therefore force 2CH audio.

I spent several hours testing with Luke a few weeks ago. I was able to (finally) get 5.1 Dolby Digital to pass through when we confirmed a level 4.0 file and had subs turned off.

So, in short, is IS possible, but strict requirements need to be met.

As an aside, I do hope the necessary text rendering/support that is needed for subtitles to be displayed without the need to transcode is someday added. For me, this is the one thing holding me back from moving to this client on the fTV.

• Like 1