meatrack

it's being limited correctly in your log, so it's just an issue with the reporting.

dark_slayer

Not trying to get out of paying, but just a general curiosity. If I have four users on my server, and I'm a supporter . . . does each user get to use the FTV app as a supporter?

aperry

Thanks for the quick response. I will play around with it some more tonight and report back.

Just as an FYI, ffmpeg was dying for some reason however a reboot of the computer seemed to correct everything. Live TV works well now. I've bought the full version. Thanks for this great app!

Not trying to get out of paying, but just a general curiosity. If I have four users on my server, and I'm a supporter . . . does each user get to use the FTV app as a supporter?

As long as you are connected to a server with a valid supporter key via a local LAN the app will be registered.

Our intention is to let everyone in your household use it with your supporter membership. Therefore it's currently limited to devices that are able to detect your server on the lan. We'll improve on that I'm sure, it's only for the first run, but those who aren't in your household will need to buy the app or become a supporter themselves.

mgworek

Not specifically but the "Latest" row that is in most views only includes unplayed items - sorted by added date descending.

Do you guys have plans to add a unplayed filter?

Do you guys have plans to add a unplayed filter?

The interface doesn't lend itself to actual filtering but perhaps a new row of only un-played movies in the movie view.  I'll consider it.

• Like 1

mgworek

sigh. oh well. i will stick to Kodi for my player. Love the server piece and thats all that matters as long as Kodi works.

Edited by mgworek

mgworek

@@ebr rocks!

If you could do that to tv shows as well, it would be perfect!

I only played with the app for a few minutes but it seemed to be moving as rows but that screen shot seems to scroll down, which is what i prefer. 

I will try again tonight.

jluce50

Has anyone else noticed that FF'ing/RWD'ing is almost useless? You can only skip 30s at a time and then there is a fairly lengthy delay while the video catches up. So really, there's a laggy "skip", but no actual FF/RWD functionality. Is this something that can be added?

Has anyone else noticed that FF'ing/RWD'ing is almost useless? You can only skip 30s at a time and then there is a fairly lengthy delay while the video catches up. So really, there's a laggy "skip", but no actual FF/RWD functionality. Is this something that can be added?

if it's transcoding it will take time to move the transcoder to the new position

Yeah, as long as you are trying to go somewhere that hasn't been transcoded yet, that is going to be the case. However, I have found it to be quite responsive once the transcoding has caught up to where you are trying to go.

jluce50

if it's transcoding it will take time to move the transcoder to the new position

Yeah, as long as you are trying to go somewhere that hasn't been transcoded yet, that is going to be the case. However, I have found it to be quite responsive once the transcoding has caught up to where you are trying to go.

Makes sense, but it seems much slower than on a Roku (while transcoding). The bigger issue is there is no real FF/RWD. I lost my spot in a show and it took forever to get to where I left off by skipping 30 sec at a time.

mediacowboy

I know this is "Andriod" based but can this get it's own sun forum?

Skipping repeatedly won't work out very well if the transcoder has to keep jumping around repeatedly. Ebr might want to see if he can guard against that, if the video player UI allows it. 

What i mean is, after a user skips 30 seconds, don't let them do it again until the video has loaded at the new position. That will make it more stable. Then what you can also do is add a delay of time to process the skip command. For example, if user presses skip 10 times, you don't want to have to wait for 10 transcodes to start and stop. So maybe introduce a 500ms delay, where you don't process the command until the user has stopped pressing buttons.

Makes sense, but it seems much slower than on a Roku (while transcoding). The bigger issue is there is no real FF/RWD. I lost my spot in a show and it took forever to get to where I left off by skipping 30 sec at a time.

You could use chapters.

Yeah, between automatic resume capability and the chapter access, skipping around should not be needed that much.

Then what you can also do is add a delay of time to process the skip command. For example, if user presses skip 10 times, you don't want to have to wait for 10 transcodes to start and stop. So maybe introduce a 500ms delay, where you don't process the command until the user has stopped pressing buttons.

MBC does that very thing but, since seeking was being handled by the component here (so I thought) I didn't get that fancy with this implementation.  I'll look at it.

jluce50

You could use chapters.

Ah, I had to go back and look to find them. I'll definitely keep that in mind for next time...

• Like 1

mgworek

I don't see TV shows nearly as helpful since "Next Up" is already right there.

Next up is useless to people with large libraries. 

I have over 300 shows. 220 of them have unwatched shows. I want to browse my shows from 0-z with just unplayed/unwatched shows.

I am not trying to be a pain. Plex took unwatched filter away and told us how we should watch tv a few years ago and a group of us fought for it to come back. We got it back and it was half assed and never worked right. We told them it didn't work, they blamed us and then it somehow started working right (for a little bit of time) after a server update after months of reporting it broken. Still doesn't work right and its one of the reasons I left. 

Like i said earlier, I will just stick with Kodi as my front end and Emby as my awesome server. Unwatched/UnPlayed has been around for years since XBMC and don't understand why developers are taking it away. It is needed for large libraries. Even for movies, if you want to filter by a genre, you still don't want to see movies you've already seen.
Edited by mgworek
  • Like 2