Join Our Translation Team

ScottIsAFool

I haven't received a response yet but I guess they will ask me the same, however, you requested to add Spanish (Latin America) and that variation doesn't exist, it is only Spanish (United States), just to clarify.

I did not request for Spanish (Latin America); only for Spanish (US). However they responded like this. Anyways, since @ebr already added Spanish (US) I think we should all be good to go.

Edited by Smaky

Thank you sooo much!, one last question though, how much time does it take to appear at onesky? I still don't see it...

I can see them.  Try refreshing or logging out and back in.

• 2 weeks later...
Richard Branches

I just manually copied the mx version for the TV app.  What are the differences between us and mx?

Hello, are you still copying the MX version to the TV app? I wonder because ES-US was still empty at the moment the latest beta update arrived (I started the translation a few minutes ago) and I thought it was going to appear in english, instead, it appeared translated, can you please verify this?, thanks.

Hello, are you still copying the MX version to the TV app? I wonder because ES-US was still empty at the moment the latest beta update arrived (I started the translation a few minutes ago) and I thought it was going to appear in english, instead, it appeared translated, can you please verify this?, thanks.

On the last beta release, I just updated from OneSky and did not manually copy anything.

Richard Branches

On the last beta release, I just updated from OneSky and did not manually copy anything.

Weird, I saw everything in spanish and I thought it was still copied.

• 3 weeks later...
guanweitan

hi I'm new here and could help out with Chinese translation if required. my country has a mandatory bilingualism educational system policy whereby (UK) English is the 1st language and the country's working language, 2nd language will depend on an individual's ethnicity, which for me happens to be Mandarin (Chinese Simplified). p.s. I'm of chinese ethnicity but i am not a PRC Chinese from China. not all Chinese are from China :(

our country's national language is Bahasa Melayu but it's not mandatory to learn it so let's not go into that part.

i can read and write Chinese (simplified) with about 80% proficiency and (read-only) Chinese (traditional) with about 70% proficiency.

let me know if help is still needed for Chinese and if so, just need you help to point me in the right direction to proceed.

thanks!

Edited by guanweitan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Phoenixsre86

Thanks ! All you need to do is sign up on onesky and locate the mediabrowser project. 

I Have you signed up on onesky but but i don't know were is the project  :o

Hi, I would like to translate Emby for TVOS and Android TV to Slovak language (sk_SK) but I don't see it in the list of languages. Could you please add it?

Hi, I would like to translate Emby for TVOS and Android TV to Slovak language (sk_SK) but I don't see it in the list of languages. Could you please add it?

I have added it.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm helping with the translation to Spanish (Spain) Castillian, and I want to know if it have to be a formal or informal translation.

I think that a formal translation will be less like Spanish (Spain) and more like Latin American Spanish.

Great job btw!! :)  :)

Richard Branches

Hi, I'm helping with the translation to Spanish (Spain) Castillian, and I want to know if it have to be a formal or informal translation.

I think that a formal translation will be less like Spanish (Spain) and more like Latin American Spanish.

Great job btw!! :)  :)

Spanish Castilian must be translated as people from Spain speak, for Latin America spanish there is Spanish US, Spanish Colombia, Spanish Mexico and plain spanish, I'm taking care of Spanish US and Colombia so please don't touch them!  :D  ;)

Edited by delacosta78

Well this is something I have thought myself. I tend to lean towards an informal translation given the nature of the emby app and the fact it is used for leisure (mostly). Having said that, I also have tried to keep some level of basic formality and to avoid slang or very informal language (and those also working with mne on spanish traslations for MX seem to sharte the same approach).

As Emby may have a broad spectrum of users I believe to keep it somwhat informal yet not going too far into it is a good trade-off that may suit a broader spectrum of users.

Hmm, @@Smaky, what do you think?