Join Our Translation Team

ScottIsAFool

Hello guys, I'd love to help translating in Greek...

Hi, welcome and thanks ! You can just jump on OneSky and search for the Emby project.

If you guys could help translate the sub-project called "App Info", that would be much appreciated. Thanks !

@@daedalus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
NikeSwe

I'll have to see if i can get help from Onesky support. Thanks.

Any help? Should we just do the translation for all the "not translated" words or just leave them as is? Just need to select the first suggestion from the box at the right side because it is the same string, already translated before.

post-330922-0-98206100-1564519777_thumb.png

It looks like the same strings has been added a second time.

Edited by NikeSwe

NikeSwe

All the untranslated strings in "Web App" seems to already exist under "All Apps".

Web App, untranslated string, String key: LiveBroadcasts. 

post-330922-0-52609800-1564520598_thumb.png

The same "String key" exists in "All Apps"

post-330922-0-92231700-1564520440_thumb.png

Edited by NikeSwe

All the untranslated strings in "Web App" seems to already exist under "All Apps".

Web App, untranslated string, String key: LiveBroadcasts. 

attachicon.gifCapture_Emby_media_Translation_Center_-_Google_Chrome_2019-07-30_22-58-15_34558017.png

The same "String key" exists in "All Apps"

attachicon.gifCapture_Emby_media_Translation_Center_-_Google_Chrome_2019-07-30_23-00-21_55584614.png

There are some duplicates, yes, but in general, anything not specific to the server dashboard is gradually moving to the "All Apps" project so that we can use the same text in all of our apps, and not have to have separate translation projects for each of them.

NikeSwe

I see. But "Web Apps" still has about 2k words suddenly not translated (words already translated in "All Apps" with the same string key). What should we do with them?

Edited by NikeSwe

I see. But "Web Apps" still has about 2k words suddenly not translated (words already translated in "All Apps" with the same string key). What should we do with them?

The translation key LiveBroadcasts in your screenshot no longer exists. When I upload new english files with deprecated text removed, I have OneSky configured to completely drop the removed ones. But for some reason that isn't happening. I'll have to see if there's something i can do about that.

By the way I'm going to check out transifex when i have a chance as a possible alternative to OneSky. Does anyone have experience with that?

NikeSwe

The translation key LiveBroadcasts in your screenshot no longer exists. When I upload new english files with deprecated text removed, I have OneSky configured to completely drop the removed ones. But for some reason that isn't happening. I'll have to see if there's something i can do about that.

I just used the first result in untranslated. There are 11 pages with untranslated stuff with duplicate keys already present in All Apps. I could easily clear all the pages by selecting the first suggestion from the suggestion box, as it is the same word/sentence already translated before. I know of duplicates. It is very common for me to translate the same word or sentence several times but the 11 pages with untranslated words got added over night.

By the way I'm going to check out transifex when i have a chance as a possible alternative to OneSky. Does anyone have experience with that?

Yes. I use Transifex for other projects I translate on my free time (like Domoticz, Nextcloud, Plex.....not translating plex atm, just looking). Really like it. I only use OneSky for one project and thats Emby. Never heard of OneSky before Emby came in to my life. ;)

Edit: moving to transifex would be awesome. With purging old strings that works of course.  ;) It is not fun wasting time on string not even used...

Edited by NikeSwe

• 1 month later...

Hi, great, thanks! Just sign up on onesky and search for the emby project. You can jump right in from there.

cochize1

Sorry guys, didn't bother to read all 37 pages but would like to improve Polish translation. I found some untranslated or misinterpreted parts. Where should I start?

I'd like to add or improve estonian translation.

Hi, you can just sign up on onesky and search for the emby project. Thanks !

Hi, you can just sign up on onesky and search for the emby project. Thanks

Registered and signed in, but can't find how to join an existing project, offers to start a completely new. After reading their knowledge base and jumping around i finally lost track on Onesky web.... :wacko:

As i read, then there are plans move to Transifex (which i personally think is better suited for open software needs). If i can't deal with Onesky web, then i just translate in my home "by hand", modifying one of existing translations and when transition to transifex happens, then i am in.

Edited by Werewolf

vdatanet

Hi, @@ebr I'm translating Android TV app to Catalan, I can't find the string "Remember Last User" under "Start Up Behaviour" in "Startup Settings". Is it hard coded? Thanks!

Hi, @@ebr I'm translating Android TV app to Catalan, I can't find the string "Remember Last User" under "Start Up Behaviour" in "Startup Settings". Is it hard coded? Thanks!

It wasn't hard coded but the system had automatically added it to the wrong file. Thanks for pointing it out.

• 4 weeks later...