Join Our Translation Team

ScottIsAFool

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon.

I'm keen to do a Afrikaans translation. I punt EMBY to anyone I meet and would like to make it more personal for them.

I've signed up to OneSky and found the Emby media project.

• 1 month later...

HI

I can Translate Emby Server and Apps to Persian (IRAN)

Hi, thanks! Just sign up on onesky and then search for the mediabrowser project.

• 3 weeks later...
Richard Branches

Hello, I want to help with translation and I wonder if you could add the spanish (united states) language to the oneskyapp, the reason I'm asking this is because I'm using an android TV device and is set to "Español (Estados Unidos)(US)" and I suppose that's the reason of the poorly translation of the app when that option is selected because is currently missing, obviously I can switch to another supported language but I want to help with the translation of that specific language. Thanks.

Edited by delacosta78

In the Roku app.. there is a string in English #1360828 - "Check for Media Browser Server updates on start up.", I think this one should better say "Check for Emby Server updates on start up." shouln't it?

@@ebr

In the Roku app.. there is a string in English #1360828 - "Check for Media Browser Server updates on start up.", I think this one should better say "Check for Emby Server updates on start up." shouln't it?

@@ebr

Thanks but that is a defunct string I'm sure.  The app does not have that option.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Richard Branches

Hello, I've been unable to login into oneskyapp website because of this not secure connection warning, can you please get in contact with them? I've been unable to do so:

5ada1a05a1ae2_privateconnection.png

Edited by delacosta78

Richard Branches

You can login, just click the button to override.

Yes, I know, but that's not the point...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Riggs

I would just use the "es" Spanish. Thanks.

Hi @@Luke

I understand the "es" for spanish translation, however the catillian language is used in 10% of the total of spanish people. Why? Demografics.

Spanish Latin American is used for 10 times more population that in Spain. Latin America is bigger in all "departments" like or not to my Spain friends, but it is real true.

I can't tell you how many people hate the "Castillian" style used for in Spain only. After many years doing translations for projects and movie subtitles, the Latin American don't want to use Castillian, in fact they use a lot of words that we don't understand + modisms tha we simple hate and don't want fin.

Some wise option is made neutral translations to avoid this kind of problems between Latin America and Spain.

Some similar issue happends with U.S.A. and England english.

Personally, i don`t use spanish to anything in my computer or devices, but I'm not an standard user.

The partner here in one of the post below, ask for spanish U.S.A. I'm pretty sure that is looking for the neutral translation.

If i decide to help spanish translation i don0t want to find fights about this situation and only the Emby team can decide what rule apply to this.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Riggs

So what do you suggest?

Spanish "neutral translation" (without modisms)

Some words need to be standarized to be neutral, for example. Computer

Translation of computer in Spain; Ordenador.

Translation in Latin America: Computadora.

In onesky we have nine different spanish options, including just "es". There's Spanish Mexico, Argentina, and lots of others. Did you look at all of those?

Richard Branches

I've taken care of those translations, I've used the Español (España) as a source for the rest of the spanish versions, I first checked the source and made some corrections and then copied the same translation to the rest, if it wasn't by me they would be not complete.

I believe there are too many versions, you should keep Español (España) and Español and dump the rest.

Edited by delacosta78

Riggs

I've taken care of those translations, they are almost the same, I've used the Español (España) as a source for the rest of the spanish versions, I first checked the source and made some corrections and then copied the same translation to the rest, if it wasn't for me they were still not completed.

I believe there are too many versions, you should keep Español (España) and Español and dump the rest.

Thanks for your work, in that case, are you using neutral spanish? or your are using castillian terms like "ordenador"?

Thank you

Riggs

In onesky we have nine different spanish options, including just "es". There's Spanish Mexico, Argentina, and lots of others. Did you look at all of those?

1- Yeah, well that's the problem Argentina, Spain and México translators normally fight between what is "the standard", that why I recommend use "neutral spanish" This needs community agreement with some words @ is doing a great job depurating "es" wich is the better way to solve future discussions about some specific words.

2- Trought the years, to me, the most frustating about spanish translations groups for apps is that after do the corrections to neutral, some another contributor change the word for some word used in his country, and of course, it is never a neutral word.

3- I vote for "es" but neutral, without country modisms, and of course, castillian spanish is NOT a neutral spanish.

4- Is there a way to get a .pot file to personalize the translations locally and not have disagreements with anybody?

Thanks