Join Our Translation Team

ScottIsAFool

dyleck

Hi Luke,

I've signed up but I am unable to find any project. Aren't the explicit invite required via onesky?

hi @@dyleck and @@bysard, actually all you have to do is sign up and search for the Emby project and you can start contributing translations right away. If you don't find it by searching Emby, try Media Browser.

Let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
molany

I get "You’ve reached the limit on your current plan. To have access to the account, please contact your admins to upgrade the plan." when I try to login?

Please help...

DragsterPS

Hi,

Could you add the catalan language to the Emby theater app so I can translate it?

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
flowcool

Hello,

Quick question, I'm looking to translate part of app in French...

I used emby server on Syno + Android TV + Android App.

Thing is I'm looking for particular words that are not translated like:

"This will PERMANENTLY DELETE {XX}. Are you VERY sure ?"

But I can't find this :(

I get "You’ve reached the limit on your current plan. To have access to the account, please contact your admins to upgrade the plan." when I try to login?

Please help...

@@molany did we previously invite you, or did you signup on your own?

flowcool

Why not just translate whatever is not yet translated?

Two points:

There's mis-translation...and my eyes are blowing... so I would like to correct this (BTW, in order for your Emby to have more customers...)

As soon as I see something not translated in app I'm using..my idea was to participate... because I'm in the context to translate it (you cannot translate word per word without any context otherwise Google Translate will absolutely do the job :/)

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
markwiese

While English (Australia) is virtually identical to English (UK), most Australians tend to select English (US) as we use US keyboard layout ($ not £ etc), however doing so in Emby we end up with the wrong date format. Would it be possible to add English (Australia) but basically just make it a copy of English (UK)? This would just make the language selection more natural for Australian users.

If I can assist with checking everything is correct for Australian English please let me know (and point me in the right direction to do so).

We don't currently have a translation for Australian. The date is a separate issue from this but thanks for offering.

• 2 weeks later...
flowcool

Hello,

I made lots of translation / correction in French / French (France) for Android and MEDIA BROWSER SERVER.

Do you know what are next steps for publication in applications ?

Can I help in something else ?

Regards,

• 1 month later...
Guest zecakeh

Hi there, just wanted to say/know six things :

1. I wanted to know what was the purpose of having for instance both "fr" translation and "fr-FR" (and "fr-CA") translation. That would mean there's a true pure french language, which of course there isn't. Shouldn't the fr translation be removed in all the projects to promote the country-based ones ? That would allow us to avoid having to maintain two translations with the same content. This remark is applicable to any language.

2. In the Web client app for instance (I don't know about the others), there's only available French and French (Canada), though the French (France) translation is complete.

3. On the translation website, The French (France) translation is missing in both the Emby Theater Core project and the Kodi project.

4. The string keys should be more precise and helpful in all projects. We should at list know if it's a header, a button, a title, an option, on which page it can be found, if there's something before or after it... In english it might be pointless but in french we have to chose between a noun, a conjugated verb, a verb in the infinitive, several translations for the same word... I'm willing to work on it in the code, but is it possible to change the key strings without losing the translations ?

5. In the Web client app, in the language settings, the names of the languages are all in english, they should be translatable.

6. Are both the Windows Phone and Windows Phone 8.1 projects still alive ? The Windows Phone strings seem to be rather up to date, but the Windows Phone 8.1 strings still name Emby by it's old name, Media Browser.

flowcool

Hi there, just wanted to say/know six things :

1. I wanted to know what was the purpose of having for instance both "fr" translation and "fr-FR" (and "fr-CA") translation. That would mean there's a true pure french language, which of course there isn't. Shouldn't the fr translation be removed in all the projects to promote the country-based ones ? That would allow us to avoid having to maintain two translations with the same content. This remark is applicable to any language.

2. In the Web client app for instance (I don't know about the others), there's only available French and French (Canada), though the French (France) translation is complete.

3. On the translation website, The French (France) translation is missing in both the Emby Theater Core project and the Kodi project.

4. The string keys should be more precise and helpful in all projects. We should at list know if it's a header, a button, a title, an option, on which page it can be found, if there's something before or after it... In english it might be pointless but in french we have to chose between a noun, a conjugated verb, a verb in the infinitive, several translations for the same word... I'm willing to work on it in the code, but is it possible to change the key strings without losing the translations ?

5. In the Web client app, in the language settings, the names of the languages are all in english, they should be translatable.

6. Are both the Windows Phone and Windows Phone 8.1 projects still alive ? The Windows Phone strings seem to be rather up to date, but the Windows Phone 8.1 strings still name Emby by it's old name, Media Browser.

I can only agree on all points...

Besides, lots of translation made are not reflected into the app (and there's a lot of mis-translations)

Cheers,

Angelblue05

Kodi only supports french (no specifics). This is why I didn't add Français (France).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Someone started translating them and we haven't had a chance to go in there and remove them.

lewisf

also, why in Android TV/Android app, there is a "french" and "french (france)" ..not canada.. just french and french france.. and both translation are identical and both are complete.. it should only have french and thats it, no?

btw.. still.. there is a lot of english words in the app you can't translate.. i mean.. everything i translated in both files... the apps was updated at least 2 times since 100% is translated but i still get few english words.. i tried to find these words to see if its because someone put the english word in the translation, but no.. you cant find them..

for example (image 1) "Latest Shows" (should be something like "Dernières émissions" ou "Dernières séries")

5970cabb501d7_image1.jpg

another funnier example (image 2): first word "director" is in english and should be "Réalisateur", second word is in french (Fin) and third one is in english "ADDED" should be "AJOUTÉ" or "AJOUTÉ LE"

text under icon is in french.. but "more from" at the bottom is in english and should be like "Plus de la"

5970caf50ac08_image2.jpg

i bought premiere because of android tv, so i hope i will be able to get it completly in french even if i need to translate it myself.. but still for the moment, i want to thanks everyone in the emby team for the great work.. its not THAT MUCH important since the apps in itself is great and the server run perfectly :) just tought i should eventually take the time to report it here with some example

flowcool

also, why in Android TV/Android app, there is a "french" and "french (france)" ..not canada.. just french and french france.. and both translation are identical and both are complete.. it should only have french and thats it, no?

btw.. still.. there is a lot of english words in the app you can't translate.. i mean.. everything i translated in both files... the apps was updated at least 2 times since 100% is translated but i still get few english words.. i tried to find these words to see if its because someone put the english word in the translation, but no.. you cant find them..

for example (image 1) "Latest Shows" (should be something like "Dernières émissions" ou "Dernières séries")

5970cabb501d7_image1.jpg

another funnier example (image 2): first word "director" is in english and should be "Réalisateur", second word is in french (Fin) and third one is in english "ADDED" should be "AJOUTÉ" or "AJOUTÉ LE"

text under icon is in french.. but "more from" at the bottom is in english and should be like "Plus de la"

5970caf50ac08_image2.jpg

i bought premiere because of android tv, so i hope i will be able to get it completly in french even if i need to translate it myself.. but still for the moment, i want to thanks everyone in the emby team for the great work.. its not THAT MUCH important since the apps in itself is great and the server run perfectly :) just tought i should eventually take the time to report it here with some example

Good point ;) Again...

And I don't understand why changes made are not reflected (I purchased myself the app).

@Staff: any chance to give a french hand in here ??

As mentioned before, I think it is a really value for Emby users to have application properly translated and more for paying users...

By the way, I'm "5a236fde" in OneSky; aligned words between french languages...

And do we speak about "Afficher les éléments vus" which is definitely not the right translation in here too or "Afficher les favoris" ?

Sorry to being so pushy, but this app is really great and that's a shame to see this :(

Cheers,

Edited by flowcool