Join Our Translation Team

ScottIsAFool

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up, I finally renamed the project on OneSky to Emby Server, it is no longer called Media Browser Server. Thanks everyone.

I can do Spanish > Argentinian

Hi, great, thanks ! Just sign up on onesky and search for Emby Server. 

• 2 weeks later...
Riggs

I tried last year to help with the Spanish translation, but there is a great debate about standards and regions. Mexicans want to be the Latin American variation, (where they are only a part of Latin America and not those that represent it).
On the other hand there is the Spanish of Spain, or Castilian.

I have translated many movie subtitles for several years in two large communities. I have also participated in projects to translate programs as a collaborator.

However, I do not know, after leaving some recommendations here, what was the decision of the project administrators regarding the Spanish language and its variations.

My suggestion has always been to make only two variations.
Spanish (Castilian) es.ES
Spanish (Latin America) es.US

Where Spanish (Latin Américan) is a neutral Spanish, without linguistic idioms.

In this way we avoid the litigation of all life between Argentina Mexico and the rest of Latin Americans on this subject.

This is the way that large translation groups (including film studios) solved the issue. However, here, apparently that still is not resolved.

I will be willing to help when I stop seeing translations like es.MX, es.AR, etc.

Richard Branches

If you guys could help translate the new App Info sub-project under Emby Server, that would be very helpful.

@@Richard Branches

Thanks !

Thanks for reminding me about this, I've been a little busy but I hope to finish them as soon as I can...

Hi.  Just look for the Emby project on OneSky (see first post in this thread).

Thanks!

dzevel5

How?

This is the first post, I don't see any OneSky

We've begun getting some of our apps ready to be localised into different languages, and we're in a position now where we're looking for people to join the MB3 team as translators.

You may have seen us before asking people to join our team but usually as developers, but if you can't code but still want to help out, and you speak a language other than English, then please get in touch and let us know what language you can help with. 

If you become part of our translation team, you will help translate our apps (currently: Windows Phone, Windows 8.1, Android). 

I joined up on OneSky but how do I search and join the collaboration?

Hi. Just look for the Emby Server projects.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
gerry.emm

If there's anything I can do in French Canadian I am more than happy to help!!!

dnanielsen

I've signed up to OneSky to help translate into Norwegian. I have looked at Norwegian Bokmål (nb), I saw there is also Norwegian (no), but (nb) is the only one that's available in Emby server settings, so I guess that's what you are using now. I'm using English (UK/US) as the source, but there are many phrases from the Emby apps I don't find when searching at OneSky, and there are phrases that show up translated in OneSky but still are English in the Emby apps. 

I can add no to emby server. Make sure to translate all projects under the server and not just the one called web app.

dnanielsen

Oh, I see. Thanks! 

Norwegian Bokmål (nb) and Norwegian (no) is exactly the same written language, the reason it is sometimes named Bokmål is to separate it from the dialect we have called Nynorsk (nn). I would just rename Norwegian Bokmål to Norwegian in the server, and use that, there is no need for different versions of Norwegian. 

Oh, I see. Thanks! 

Norwegian Bokmål (nb) and Norwegian (no) is exactly the same written language, the reason it is sometimes named Bokmål is to separate it from the dialect we have called Nynorsk (nn). I would just rename Norwegian Bokmål to Norwegian in the server, and use that, there is no need for different versions of Norwegian. 

Will do, thanks !

dnanielsen

Great, remember that there is currently two versions of Norwegian/Norsk (nb & no) in OneSky, the Bokmål (nb) one has far more translations so that's the best source to use, or if it's possible to merge them, if the (no) has some translated lines that the (nb) does not have, and name it as Norsk/Norwegian (removing Bokmål in title)

Edit: Also, when/how often is new/updated lines from OneSky translation pushed to Emby? 

Edited by dnanielsen

But there are two Norwegian written dialects. Nynorsk and Bokmål. Maybe norsk should be Nynorsk? There is also Riksmål but nobody uses that do they? 

I get it that as Norwegian you want the translations but it can't be at the expense of your neighbor who may want the other dialect. Together it may have to be combined or merged so to speak. Just to get these fields to be something other than English. Then after merge(sharing) let these dialects remain apart so they can be distinct and have different text if need be. 

@@dnanielsen This is a better compromise isn't it?

Edited by speechles

dnanielsen

@@speechles

Yeah, there are two written dialects (nb & nn), but even though some write Nynorsk they have no problem understanding Bokmål, the difference is pretty small. Only 6% of Norwegian newspapers are in Nynorsk, 9% of books, so in the first place like >10% of the population writes the dialect. Yes, Nynorsk is a part of the Norwegian written language but it's mainly differences in grammar. Without insulting anyone, I'd say there is no need to have both. As far as I can see, Nynorsk is currently not translated in Emby. Both the Norwegian (Bokmål) and Norwegian sections in OneSky are translated using Bokmål, that's why I'm suggesting to merge them and title it Norwegian. 

dnanielsen

When/how often is new/updated lines from OneSky translation pushed to Emby? I've tried translating some lines in Norwegian/Norsk Bokmål but they haven't changed in Emby.