Join Our Translation Team

ScottIsAFool

Spanish Castilian must be translated as people from Spain speak, for Latin America spanish there is Spanish US, Spanish Colombia, Spanish Mexico and plain spanish, I'm taking care of Spanish US and Colombia so please don't touch them!  :D  ;)

I am a native of Spain, Castilla y León. I have lived my whole life here. I do not plan to translate the Latin Spanish of America at all. I'm just saying that some formal words sound more like Latin Spanish than Spanish from Spain, Castillian.

But I just want to help with the lenguage I know the best, Spanish from Spain, which is what I know the best  :P

Well this is something I have thought myself. I tend to lean towards an informal translation given the nature of the emby app and the fact it is used for leisure (mostly). Having said that, I also have tried to keep some level of basic formality and to avoid slang or very informal language (and those also working with mne on spanish traslations for MX seem to sharte the same approach).

As Emby may have a broad spectrum of users I believe to keep it somwhat informal yet not going too far into it is a good trade-off that may suit a broader spectrum of users.

Thanks, that is what I need to know!  :)

Richard Branches

I am a native of Spain, Castilla y León. I have lived my whole life here. I do not plan to translate the Latin Spanish of America at all. I'm just saying that some formal words sound more like Latin Spanish than Spanish from Spain, Castillian.

But I just want to help with the lenguage I know the best, Spanish from Spain, which is what I know the best  :P

In that case you should improve it because if I'm not wrong some people from latin america were doing the translation, so I think you should change any incorrect translations or incorrect equivalences, thank you in advance if you do it, I'll keep translating Spanish US and Spanish Colombia.

Edited by delacosta78

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I want to help to translate Roku App in French.

Hi.  Awesome.  Just sign onto OneSky and look for the "mediabrowser" projects and the Roku one inside that.

Thanks!

VIPguard

Hi.  Awesome.  Just sign onto OneSky and look for the "mediabrowser" projects and the Roku one inside that.

Thanks!

I do it, translate the first sentence click to go to the next sentence and "No Phrases can be found" for all other... I do something wrong?

@@ebr I noticed this too. Look at the Roku translations and it shows 1157 phrases available (there should only be 306..) to translate. Click into the language you want to help with and it shows 7 pages. But just 1 translation phrase available to translate. Not even the very first one. One down the middle of the strings. This is valid json but maybe they don't like a character used in the strings? Can you look into this? Thanks. I only ask because you know why.. lol.. feed me strings.. lol

Edited by speechles

I wouldn't worry about the numbers, that's not the number of strings, I think it's the total number of words.

I'm not sure.  Can you try again today?

I just managed to approve the entire English translation.  Perhaps since it was the base, it needed to be done before the others could...

@@ebr Indeed. You fixed it.

To everybody else who wants a Roku app in their language please rush to translate for your part of the world. Thanks.

Edited by speechles

VIPguard

Français (Canada) : Done

But I do not know where all the sentences / words are used so there will be adjustments to make once I can see them in context.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, yes we'll add Danish to Apple TV. iOS uses the same strings from the server so it has it already. Thanks !

I can to help with Portuguese. 

Hi, welcome, thanks ! You can just sign up on OneSky and jump into the Mediabrowser project. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

I can help with Indonesian

Thanks ! You can just sign up on OneSky and jump into the Mediabrowser project. Thanks !

Hi.  Just sign up on OneSky and look for the "MediaBrowser" project.  Link should be in first post here.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...