Why isn't Emby available in the Samsung store for all countries?

eddienanousi
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

TimTaylor

This USB installation is really a pain, setting up all the settings again every time and all that. If you seem to be unable to get the app into the store (we hear the same excuses here since at least 2017, everyone else can do it strangely enough), then you could at least provide a wgt file so that you can update with a script via the SDK...

• Like 3

technick90

I can only agree. With one TV, the settings are retained, with the other I have to reset everything. That's why I'm considering buying a FireTV or something similar, although the television can actually do it. I would also be willing to pay a few euros for use, as with the FireTV.

Changed my TV region to the UK some time back but the store version 1.2.6 of Emby is miles behind the manual version 1.5.1 (and caused no end of issues with sub-titles not working properly). So now I'm still forced to update manually every month with the USB version. Why is the store version so out of date ? The whole point of switching regions was to avoid this garbage every month.

10 hours ago, winchy said:

It's a Samsung Series 8 82" RU8000 4K. Model UA82RU8000WXXY.

For some reason the 2019 models are stuck in the Samsung review/release process.  Other models have released newer versions, but this model is still pending.

I asked Samsung last week to follow up and they said they should complete it soon, but they have a backlog.

I'll keep checking and I'll try to remember to let you know when it's published.

Capitano
On 3/6/2017 at 8:13 PM, Luke said:

We are working hard to get this app released worldwide, thanks !

And here we are - almost 6 years later . .  tsk tsk

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
kiraserv
On 2/17/2023 at 3:33 AM, Capitano said:

And here we are - almost 6 years later . .  tsk tsk

Yep... I use Plex on the TV now and but still use the emby app for my phone.

Probably make the switch on all devices soon.  I think I've reinstalled it every month on 3 TVs like 30 times now, plus trying to walk my grandfather who is interstate on it.

Not worth it anymore.

Thanks devs, it's been great, but having to reinstall and reconfigure every fucking time is just too much now.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

k0Lm.
22 minutes ago, kiraserv said:

Thanks devs, it's been great, but having to reinstall and reconfigure every fucking time is just too much now.

The november 2022 version still works for me, i don't know if i got lucky or something but havent updated emby since.

• Like 1

EFEris
1 hour ago, kiraserv said:

Yep... I use Plex on the TV now and but still use the emby app for my phone.

Probably make the switch on all devices soon.  I think I've reinstalled it every month on 3 TVs like 30 times now, plus trying to walk my grandfather who is interstate on it.

Not worth it anymore.

Sadly it's not only Samsung, on LG the APP seems not to be able to show dolby vision and the plex app is able to do it... for me personal it's not a problem I don't have LG nor Samsung as my main screen but. Second and 3rd screen is lg and samsung and buying a NIVIDA Shield just to have a better image isn't nice options.

But I think emby dev aren't interested since I already bought the lifetime subscription +25 devices upgrades.... plex pass seems to cost the same or less...

kiraserv
5 hours ago, EFEris said:

Sadly it's not only Samsung, on LG the APP seems not to be able to show dolby vision and the plex app is able to do it... for me personal it's not a problem I don't have LG nor Samsung as my main screen but. Second and 3rd screen is lg and samsung and buying a NIVIDA Shield just to have a better image isn't nice options.

But I think emby dev aren't interested since I already bought the lifetime subscription +25 devices upgrades.... plex pass seems to cost the same or less...

It's been years of telling myself "As soon as I don't have to reinstall the app  on every device every few weeks I'm getting the lifetime plus the upgrades" but, well, that never happened.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 4:07 PM, Capitano said:

Periodically we try to negotiate this with Samsung again and we'll be doing that ASAP. We just need them to finish reviewing our current submissions because we can't submit a country expansion request while they're still in progress.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
parhamsan

For Anyone who is interested on changing their TV Region to US, I made a video to show how it can be done (My Region was Canada before, change was done on QN65Q900RBFXZC):

Cheers!!!

Edited by parhamsan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Maarten
On 3/31/2023 at 3:12 PM, parhamsan said:

For Anyone who is interested on changing their TV Region to US, I made a video to show how it can be done (My Region was Canada before, change was done on QN65Q900RBFXZC):

Cheers!!!

You are resetting all settings? But why? You only need to reset the smart hub to get the region change option.

And also….. why post this? The store app version is miles back and almost ancient 🙄 I was on the usb version a happy camper until the 30 days mark. Switched region and installed official app, and now I’m officially fckd!!! D4mn…… I now have major subtitle problems 😤

SamES
46 minutes ago, Maarten said:

I now have major subtitle problems 😤

Just reinstall the USB version again?

What model/year is your TV?

parhamsan

Hey Marteen,

I am sorry if resetting the TV settings (and changing the region to US) and installing the Emby from the Samsun App has caused issues on your Emby App.

My intention was to help people with the same issue and never meant inconvenience to anyone. As SamES also mentioned, you always have the option to uninstall the Emby App from the Samsung store and re-install the one from USB.

As far as I know, there is no other way to change the region on the Smart Hub. If you know a way, please let everyone know; I would love to know how to do this without resetting the TV. 

I have suggested many of my friends about the Samsung Tizen TV Workaround (Changing the Region to US) and so far none of them have complained or have subtitle issues (I am hosting my Emby over internet and have more than 20 users).

May we know your TV year and Model.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
DisasteR
On 3/16/2023 at 9:42 PM, Luke said:

Periodically we try to negotiate this with Samsung again and we'll be doing that ASAP. We just need them to finish reviewing our current submissions because we can't submit a country expansion request while they're still in progress.

Is there something we can do to help with samsung store approval ?

3 hours ago, DisasteR said:

Is there something we can do to help with samsung store approval ?

No, but it did finally finish after about three months. We bugged them several times during the process and they just kept responding saying that review timer are longer right now because they're short staffed. It's been this way for the last year or so.

Anyhow, we've submitted a country expansion request, so we'll see how that goes.

• Like 1

PeterAndersson
10 hours ago, Luke said:

No, but it did finally finish after about three months. We bugged them several times during the process and they just kept responding saying that review timer are longer right now because they're short staffed. It's been this way for the last year or so.

Anyhow, we've submitted a country expansion request, so we'll see how that goes.

Great job, thanks for being persistent with Samsung!

• Thanks 1

Roendi

for me it is quite simple. I actually want a new Samsung TV. But as long as Samsung doesn't manage that, I'll just wait with the purchase. 
You can pass on so quietly

Ninja_Gundam
On 4/19/2023 at 9:18 PM, Luke said:

Thanks for the effort ! My granmother call me yesterday saying cannot see Emby.. I didn't know about time exp etc. stuffs. ^_^;

Chooo

Hi guys, I would like to buy the Samsung S95B TV but, from what I've read, Emby isn't available in the Samsung Store here in Italy.

I've read that a country expansion request has been made and I would like to know if anyone knows how much time we'll have to wait.
Honestly Emby is the only foundamental app that I need and without that I will choose a TV of another brand.

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Thanks 1

k0Lm.
1 hour ago, Zhoth said:

Hi guys, I would like to buy the Samsung S95B TV but, from what I've read, Emby isn't available in the Samsung Store here in Italy.

I've read that a country expansion request has been made and I would like to know if anyone knows how much time we'll have to wait.
Honestly Emby is the only foundamental app that I need and without that I will choose a TV of another brand.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I'm not trying to be a downer but this topic started in 2016, i think it's not gonna happen at all.

For Emby it's probably best to look into devices you can hookup to your tv like a Amazon FireStick / Nvidia Shield or something similar.

• Agree 1