Why isn't Emby available in the Samsung store for all countries?

eddienanousi
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

djsynrgy
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Yea keep trying if you don't mind. They told us it should be available in Canada now. Thanks.

Confirmed working just now. Amazing. Sincerely appreciated!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DisasteR said:

What about France ? Do you have to make a request by country ?

We are working on it, but unfortunately yes it is by country and we have to deal with a different Samsung rep for each one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parhamsan said:

Hi Luke, I can confirm that Emby App is now available in my Canada region TV, but is this this latest app version?

No, it will always be slightly behind the usb version. 

k0Lm.
On 7/13/2023 at 9:15 AM, Luke said:

FYI: 

Congratulations on the country expansion! That is some good news for the Canadian people among us!
I hope this has a positive impact for the other country applications aswell.

Greetings from The Netherlands.

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Houfino said:

@LukeWill there also be a Czech Republic?  I hope so..

We are working on getting it released in as many countries as we can. 

serpi
Just now, Luke said:

We are working on getting it released in as many countries as we can. 

is Europe just one store for Samsung or do you have do deal with each single country for this?

39 minutes ago, serpi said:

is Europe just one store for Samsung or do you have do deal with each single country for this?

Every single country.  And the process is beyond maddening.  We are finally making progress but it is slow.

Painkiller8818
6 hours ago, ebr said:

Every single country.  And the process is beyond maddening.  We are finally making progress but it is slow.

So what exactly is the difference for you and other apps like plex? Why they don't need to deal with this and have their app available everywhere or jellyfin also?
What exactly is the problem with emby?

PeterAndersson
36 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

So what exactly is the difference for you and other apps like plex? Why they don't need to deal with this and have their app available everywhere or jellyfin also?

Is jellyfish on the tizen app store?

1 hour ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Already covered earlier in this topic. But just to refresh everyone's memory, to release worldwide you have to have the status of being a Samsung partner, and that requires a monetization strategy that is profitable for Samsung. It's not like the other app stores where you just submit once and check off a list of what countries you want. If you're a free app you and you're large enough that they feel they need to have you, then you can get through. Everyone else has to pay them sufficiently that they feel it's worth it for them.

• Like 3

Robnaeyaert
On 7/15/2023 at 11:08 AM, Luke said:

Already covered earlier in this topic. But just to refresh everyone's memory, to release worldwide you have to have the status of being a Samsung partner, and that requires a monetization strategy that is profitable for Samsung. It's not like the other app stores where you just submit once and check off a list of what countries you want. If you're a free app you and you're large enough that they feel they need to have you, then you can get through. Everyone else has to pay them sufficiently that they feel it's worth it for them.

Thank you Luke and we all appreciate your support and work on this. 

just a quick question - any thoughts on timeframes for New Zealand please?

EFEris
49 minutes ago, Robnaeyaert said:

Thank you Luke and we all appreciate your support and work on this. 

just a quick question - any thoughts on timeframes for New Zealand please?

I thinks it's annoying if everyone ask for an ETA for his or her country.

I'm really happy that there is some progress even if it's not in my country. Hopefully it gets easier for them which each country, since the argument "we are already in x countries" could help.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Robnaeyaert said:

any thoughts on timeframes for New Zealand please?

Hi.  Unfortunately, there is no way we can provide any ETA for any country.  The process is completely unpredictable from our standpoint.

• Thanks 1

FrostByte

Just remember once it gets to your country and your TV becomes 5 years old it won't matter. 

You can either stick with the last version Samsung approved for your year model before the 5-year point (which I'm sure some won't mind), or you need to go back to using USB if you want the current version of the app.  I'm having to do that myself now that Samsung no longer supports 2018 models and I'm in the US.

Or, keep buying a new TV every 5 years :)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Robnaeyaert
16 hours ago, EFEris said:

I thinks it's annoying if everyone ask for an ETA for his or her country.

I'm really happy that there is some progress even if it's not in my country. Hopefully it gets easier for them which each country, since the argument "we are already in x countries" could help.

What’s “annoying” about a simple question like that?  It’s quite a straightforward and logical question pertaining to the country I live in. I’m hardly going to ask a question about a country I don’t live in. 
wow!!!

• Facepalm 1

EFEris
1 hour ago, Robnaeyaert said:

What’s “annoying” about a simple question like that?  It’s quite a straightforward and logical question pertaining to the country I live in. I’m hardly going to ask a question about a country I don’t live in. 
wow!!!

Can't speak for the team, but we have about 200 countries on this planet (+ some objects outside of it where people might life). Would potential mean about 1000 comment about asking if it when it comes to each country (multiplied by 5 because people don't read or use the search function) means this thread is unusable for real relevant information like when and if it gets available world wide.

Also you might notice Luke didn't announced which country they where able to add before they where successful.

Anyway thinking before posting could help the emby team not read useless posts (like this one) and have time for more important things.

• Agree 1

Robnaeyaert
On 7/20/2023 at 6:44 PM, EFEris said:

Can't speak for the team, but we have about 200 countries on this planet (+ some objects outside of it where people might life). Would potential mean about 1000 comment about asking if it when it comes to each country (multiplied by 5 because people don't read or use the search function) means this thread is unusable for real relevant information like when and if it gets available world wide.

Also you might notice Luke didn't announced which country they where able to add before they where successful.

Anyway thinking before posting could help the emby team not read useless posts (like this one) and have time for more important things.

Yes one should definitely ‘think’ before posting. Good advice. 

• Facepalm 1

SamES
2 hours ago, gone2ray said:

Weirdly my new Samsung Q80C in the UK doesn't have Emby in the Tizen app Store

Samsung have only released to one model version for 2023 models.  I expect they will release to all models after the next submission.  The current issue is that we can't do both an app version submission and a country request at the same time, so we need to wait until one is complete before we can do the next.

• Thanks 2

For those in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Canada, can you please check the app store on your Samsung TV and let us know if the Emby app is available now? Thanks !

• Like 4

Smonguer
18 minutes ago, Luke said:

For those in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Canada, can you please check the app store on your Samsung TV and let us know if the Emby app is available now? Thanks !

Version 1.4.8 available in the Spanish app store!!

Thank you for your great job!

• Thanks 1