Why isn't Emby available in the Samsung store for all countries?

eddienanousi
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

schamane

As usual, u just don´t get any useful information, that´s really a annoying thing with emby, u always get "we are on it", 

or get an answer like

"Unfortunately, we also have to consider the costs and resources of us building and administering such a capability"

Sure, keep wasting ur time on PS3 or similar old boxes makes much more sense  instead of supporting the biggest TV Brand. 🙄

Whatever, to be honest, I would not buy Emby again, not just because of the Samsung thing, more because of the "we are working on it" statements, u can read them all over the board, with exactly nothing happening in reality.

• Agree 2

I found that it was relatively easy to over ride the country setting to USA (or other) on the TV. For my tv it involved resetting to factory default and in a specific step during agreeing to TOS doing a sequence of buttons on the remote. Since i assume all tvs are different, a quick google might help you find the one for you.

After that emby and a bunch of other apps were available, and installed with no problem from the app store. 

Hope this helps someone else! Good luck!

• Like 1

tjb_altf4
13 minutes ago, OyVey said:

I found that it was relatively easy to over ride the country setting to USA (or other) on the TV. For my tv it involved resetting to factory default and in a specific step during agreeing to TOS doing a sequence of buttons on the remote. Since i assume all tvs are different, a quick google might help you find the one for you.

After that emby and a bunch of other apps were available, and installed with no problem from the app store. 

Hope this helps someone else! Good luck!

A decent option for those that only use their TV for Emby, but I'm sure I'm not alone in this not being an option due to having other apps that are only available in our own region.

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
KieranB1996

Is there any news on this? I'd rather not install something on my Samsung TV if it isn't through the store. I'm looking to buy a Samsung TV, can anyone tell me if it's available on UK store?

FrostByte
2 hours ago, KieranB1996 said:

Is there any news on this? I'd rather not install something on my Samsung TV if it isn't through the store. I'm looking to buy a Samsung TV, can anyone tell me if it's available on UK store?

Right now, it's available in US, UK and Ireland in the Samsung store.  For TVs 5 years old and newer they are still accepting updates.  Samsung no longer takes updates for Tizen TVs from 2015 and 2016, but you can still install the last one submitted before.

• Like 1

PeterAndersson

I wouldn't buy a Samsung tv, they don't update them, they have added ads in the launcher that you can't disable and so on..

I regret getting a Samsung tv.. also had a Samsung phone but never again will i give them my money.

• Confused 1

FrostByte
21 minutes ago, PeterAndersson said:

I wouldn't buy a Samsung tv, they don't update them, they have added ads in the launcher that you can't disable and so on..

I regret getting a Samsung tv.. also had a Samsung phone but never again will i give them my money.

Don't almost all TVs have ads now?  I've been looking for a new one myself as my Samsung is coming up on 5 years.  Just looking at review on Rtings and everything they test says there are ads.

• Like 1

Idk i got a Samsung Tizen which is 1 and a half years old rn, no ads anywhere.

If by launcher you mean that icon in the bottom home menu, on mine that was controlled by one app but i just deleted that and since then i am fully ad-free.

• Like 1

PeterAndersson

When i got my tv it was ad free 2 years later and it was not.. sadly the ads change from day to day so I'm 99% it's the launcher and not a app.

FrostByte

I blocked several links in my router and it stopped the ads for a little bit, but eventually the ads came back so I assume Samsung just changed them.

Cyberrob90

Well, @Luke, was this just a gag, because on many other topics in here you said: yeah, we do not want to do that because it is impossible? ;)
I bought emby lifetime now and really hope you can use the money to develop this ap. But i also hate to reinstall it on my smart TV all over again. So.... i'll change the country region, because the community developed ARD and ZDF apps for emby. I do not loose any content then.

• Thanks 1

Painkiller8818
On 8/31/2022 at 9:01 PM, FrostByte said:

I blocked several links in my router and it stopped the ads for a little bit, but eventually the ads came back so I assume Samsung just changed them.

i set up a pihole and made a own profile for my samsung tv, there i blocked all samsung connections and i am absolutely ad free :) 

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 2:18 PM, Cyberrob90 said:

Brunnen @Luke, war das nur ein Gag, denn zu vielen anderen Themen hier hast du gesagt: Ja, das wollen wir nicht, weil es unmöglich ist? ;)
Ich habe emby lifetime jetzt gekauft und hoffe wirklich, dass Sie das Geld verwenden können, um diese AP zu entwickeln. Aber ich hasse es auch, es wieder auf meinem Smart-TV zu installieren. Also.... Ich werde die Länderregion ändern, weil die Community ARD- und ZDF-Apps für emby entwickelt hat. Ich verliere dann keinen Inhalt.

Vielen Dank für deinen Beitrag. Ich hoffe auch da wird mal was passieren.

Das lästige Installieren über USB ist ja auch nervig.

• Confused 1

FrostByte
5 hours ago, ultralord said:

hello, on us store the app version is 1.2.8 when the app will upgrade there?

It depends on the year and classification of your TV.  What model TV do you have?

Edited by FrostByte

4 hours ago, Marcus1305 said:

I am also stuck on old version. Samsung Q70R 2019 Us store

Hi, what version are you on?

4 minutes ago, mbguy said:

Will Emby ever be available in the Canada store?

I don't wanna be a negative nancy but no, based on all the information given on this fora, it will never happen. Same goes for alot of (simple and basic) requests. Don't get me wrong Emby is a great app but the dev team have their own agenda and doesn't really give the customers what they need/require.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, k0Lm. said:

I don't wanna be a negative nancy but no, based on all the information given on this fora, it will never happen. Same goes for alot of (simple and basic) requests. Don't get me wrong Emby is a great app but the dev team have their own agenda and doesn't really give the customers what they need/require.

Just curious if this is a cost issue or some kind of weird licensing thing.

It's a really big hassle to download, unzip, copy the files, uninstall existing version from my TV, re-install, and re-enter credentials each time there is a new version. Worse for me, I have a Samsung UST TV that has to be positioned and calibrated properly against a tight space, and since its USB port is located on the back which is really hard to get to, each time I have to just "update" the app, I inadvertently will bump the UST TV and lose the positioning/calibration! 😡

This whole process involved in "updating" an app is so unacceptable in the year of 2022.

It's one thing I just leave it as it is choose not to upgrade, but eventually the app reports that "Your version is too old to use" so I am FORCED to go through the above frustration.

Is there something that can be done, Emby team?

• Agree 1

FrostByte
44 minutes ago, mbguy said:

Just curious if this is a cost issue or some kind of weird licensing thing.

It's a really big hassle to download, unzip, copy the files, uninstall existing version from my TV, re-install, and re-enter credentials each time there is a new version. Worse for me, I have a Samsung UST TV that has to be positioned and calibrated properly against a tight space, and since its USB port is located on the back which is really hard to get to, each time I have to just "update" the app, I inadvertently will bump the UST TV and lose the positioning/calibration! 😡

This whole process involved in "updating" an app is so unacceptable in the year of 2022.

It's one thing I just leave it as it is choose not to upgrade, but eventually the app reports that "Your version is too old to use" so I am FORCED to go through the above frustration.

Is there something that can be done, Emby team?

If changing your app region to US is something you would be interested in doing, then you can get the app in the store.

Painkiller8818
6 hours ago, FrostByte said:

If changing your app region to US is something you would be interested in doing, then you can get the app in the store.

I already tried this and it does not show emby in the apps.

This seems to be a mythos.