screenplay for WebOS 2.0 and higher TVs

kwilcox

mastrmind11

Definitely plan to support Collections.  FTTB you could create a separate library for kids stuff as a workaround.  Also can use content filtering (maximum allowed parental rating) for the emby user running screenplay on the TV in that room. 

Exactly what I planned to do this weekend.  Thanks again.

kwilcox

Thanks, got subtitles working now after the tip about the user icon on the upper right :-)

Any plans for adding a Watched icon for individual TV-Shows episodes and for filtering on Watched/Unwatched TV-shows?

To tell the truth, I hadn't noticed the fact that the "Watched checkmark" wasn't being shown for watched episodes.  I'll look into it.

tgessendorfer

I tried this App, latest version 1.1.7, downloaded today from the LG Store onto my new LG OLED 55B6D running on latest WebOS 04.30.65 and the login message "Attempting to login XXX" just hangs!?

I tried a public and a private (as LG TV sits in the same network as my Emby Media server) IP of my Emby Server and obviously the Emby services gets discovered as the installed users show up.

However the login attempt never succeeds!? Emby Server is fully available as I can access from Android and Latop (Emby server 3.1.0.0).

Any ideas? 

kwilcox

Interesting.  Screenplay can see your server because it gave you the user login screen, so network connectivity isn't your problem.  Its for sure user related.  Try creating a screenplay user with a simple (letters an numbers only) or no password and use that.

• Like 1

tgessendorfer

Yes tried this and works.... Saw "User access denied" in the Emby server logs.

Added a new user with PW and now works... need to identify the access denied issue however but will do this tomorrow...

Thanks!!!

kwilcox

Sounds like something to do with the password itself.  Try changing the password for the original user to something simple.  Works?  If so, there's something about the makeup of the password that is causing screenplay to send it incorrectly.  I know for sure that WebOS AJAX routines caused a "delay forever" issue when special characters were included in the server name.  Maybe this is also the case for user passwords...

edit: nope, tried that and special chars and even embedded spaces work fine.

Edited by kwilcox

I also had that issue with the user hanging forever at login. No special characters in either name or password. Made a new user "LG" with pass "lg" and that user could log in.

kwilcox

Try giving the new user the same password as the user that was hanging forever.  Problem reproduced?  If so, can you PM me the password plz?

That is odd.  I know the UK store has the app because according to my seller stats, 60 people in the UK have downloaded it since its release on 12/2 with the last download in that area happening on 12/17.  The app's resolution is indeed FullHD so that shouldn't be the issue.

So try this:

If you go to http://gb.lgappstv.com/ then click on store you will see screenplay listed in the new apps section.  First give it 5 stars (lol, jk).   You can now check device compatibility by clicking on screenplay then selecting the device compatibility tab.  From that tab, you will be able to log in with the same credentials that you use on your TV and it will tell you if your TV is compatible.

Interesting. Incompatible with my device.

It's a FullHD WebOS3.

http://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/2f3252e

kwilcox

I am trying to get screenplay certified on WebOS1 but I need a tester with an older WebOS 1 TV who is willing to load up developer mode and try out the app.  My problem is that screenplay doesn't work on the WebOS1 emulator when direct play is turned off (HLS transcoding mode).  However, LG is stating that both the WebOS1 platform and the emulator support HLS.  

I'm thinking this is a bug in the emulator since we know that screenplay works fine on WebOS1 version 1.4.0-2320 (afro-ashley).  However this version might be the "WebOS 2 compatibility" upgrade.

Do you have a WebOS1 TV running an older version than that?  Would you be willing to test screenplay on it? Let me know!

Edited by kwilcox
  • Like 1

That's a very similar version to my TV, so we'd expect it to work OK - it would certainly be useful to confirm that it does work OK on yours too.

However, I think he's really looking for a TV running 1.2, as that's what the emulator runs.

kwilcox

Is there a way I can help to help with this compatibility issue?

Minimum requirements seem to be respected.

edit:

Thanks to everybody who sent in pictures and mac addresses!  My queries based on the data you sent over caused LG to update their documentation to show the reason.  Screenplay requires FullHD (1920x1080) or higher app resolution.  If you can't see screenplay in the app store for your TV, but your TV is advertised as having FullHD resolution, its because your TVs video resolution is FullHD but its app resolution is only HD (1080x720).

Here's a link to their updated documentation on this:

http://webostv.developer.lge.com/discover/specifications/webostv-spec/

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

Well, I finally understand why some TVs don't show screenplay in the app store even though their TVs are advertised as being FullHD.  The reason is here:

http://webostv.developer.lge.com/discover/specifications/webostv-spec/

People with  type A5LR WebOS2 TVs or type M2 WebOS3 TVs have an app resolution of 1080 x 720 and a video resolution of 1920 x 1080.  Screenplay requires an app resolution of 1920 x 1080.

I'm not sure yet where the TV "type" can be found however.

kwilcox

Add server ip address i dont know what to do

You must already have an emby server at your home to use screenplay.  If you have one, enter either it's ip address or its fully qualified domain name in that initial screen.

Deihmos

I don't see this in the store. 2014 UHD  LG TV with WebOS  1.4.0-2328 software version 05.05.45

Edited by Deihmos

SHSPVR

I don't see this in the store. 2014 UHD  LG TV with WebOS  1.4.0-2328 software version 05.05.45

I do believe you need WebOS ver 2.0 so if can't update the firmware on it then it may not be eligible to receive the free update

Deihmos

I do believe you need WebOS ver 2.0 so if can't update the firmware on it then it may not be eligible to receive the free update

So this app works on 2015 and up TV then and 2014 tv is obsolete. WebOS tv software is just bad. The2014 TV cannot get updated to WebOS 2 Edited by Deihmos

it does work on your TV but unfortunately the way the store works makes it difficult to make it available until some issues with even older versions of WebOS are resolved (which is why he's looking for volunteers to test it on older TVs, ones running WebOS 1.2)