screenplay for WebOS 2.0 and higher TVs

kwilcox

The 3D support is great, btw - it's obviously not difficult for me to manually hit the 3D button, but having it seamless just makes it so nice now.

kwilcox

I know!  I also like the fact that a quick press of the 3D button toggles 2D mode for those times when you have a lot of people watching.

Didn't you buy an LG 3D TV so that you could have like 100 passive 3D glasses? :-)

BTW, I'm not sure what's happened, but I now can't run the app any more :-( it started today - it's like your official release has finally hit the store here, but isn't allowed for me specifically because it doesn't meet the pre-reqs.

When I try to run it, it actually takes me to the store (like an update would) and then just says "Content is unavailable. There is no page to load."

I can still run it from the IDE, but I don't want to have to do that every time :-/

What a pain!

kwilcox

The official app is here too but doesn't show up in the store for WebOS2.  The version that will is still marked QA processing.  The latest version of screenplay is still working on my set.  Developer mode is still active on my set as well since I renew the timer every day or two..

I'll have another look on my TV...

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

More fun with the LG QA team...  I received this message in my inbox today:

Dear seller

Hello, This is Gunwoo Kim from QA Management Team in LG Apps TV.

I am kindly requesting you to re-upload the file due to system error from our side.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you

Please re-upload the file with below provided guide information, and increase the file version.

We will proceed App QA as soon as we receive re-QA request from you.

File title: theparadigmgrid.screenplay_1.1.3_all.ipk

File version: 1.1.0 (Please make sure to change the file version to 1.1.0)

webOS SDK Vetsion: 2.0.0

optimized Resolution: 1920,1080

Sadly, I cannot re-upload a file with the same version because the system will throw an error that the version can't be the same as the previous version.  However, in the spirit of the whole thing I tried. Sure enough, it blew up again:

Capture10-vi.png

So, I updated the app version (which has 3D, indexed search fix, and the 3 day Continue Watching expiration) to v1.1.4 and re-submitted.  It'll be interesting to see what happens next lol...

kwilcox

They liked what I did...

Dear seller

Hello, This is Gunwoo Kim from QA Management Team in LG Apps TV.

I confirmed that screenplay app is properly uploaded for re-QA.

I will proceed QA test next week Monday and share the test result as soon as possible.

Best regards

Gunwoo

• Like 1

kwilcox

WebOS3 only in selected regions currently.  QA for the generally available version starts on Monday.  Monitor post #3 of this thread for version details/updates

I have a WebOS3 television (not a UHD), in the UK, and the app doesn't appear in the store.

Would the resolution be the cause of the app to be filtered?

Is it possible to make this app work with FullHD tvs?

cmarques

I have a WebOS3 television (not a UHD), in the UK, and the app doesn't appear in the store.

Would the resolution be the cause of the app to be filtered?

Is it possible to make this app work with FullHD tvs?

Strange, because if I'm not wrong the optimal app's resolution is 1920x1080 (FullHD), and you are in the initial service areas as the 3th post says "v1.0.7 (Initial screenplay offering)

Current Release in LG store.  WebOS 3 Only. Service areas are USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, South Africa"

kwilcox

That is odd.  I know the UK store has the app because according to my seller stats, 60 people in the UK have downloaded it since its release on 12/2 with the last download in that area happening on 12/17.  The app's resolution is indeed FullHD so that shouldn't be the issue.

So try this:

If you go to http://gb.lgappstv.com/ then click on store you will see screenplay listed in the new apps section.  First give it 5 stars (lol, jk).   You can now check device compatibility by clicking on screenplay then selecting the device compatibility tab.  From that tab, you will be able to log in with the same credentials that you use on your TV and it will tell you if your TV is compatible.

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

v1.1.6 pushed to the repo.  Fixes a bug with Continue Watching and also implements number of days to show these items as a prefs variable (not available in settings yet however).  Also fixes a back button bug when an item screen is launched by pressing OK from the collection summary screen and the item is subsequently played.

Edited by kwilcox

cmarques

Hi,

Seems it is finally available for all. It shows now here in Spain. I'll try today at last.

MANY THANKS!!!...

You right!
I checked last night, but nothing..., today it appears in the BR Store, and the most important available to my device  :P

585a676983cae_lgstore.png

kwilcox

Approved just in time for the holidays!  Screenplay v1.1.4 is available in all regions for WebOS2 and greater.  v1.1.6 is a bugfix and will be submitted for QA today sometime...

Enjoy!   I feel a bit like Santa Claus lol...

Time for me to start in on the next set of enhancements:

• subtitle and alternate audio support
  • Sort home screen recently added categories. 
  • add music and photo players

The bad news here is that emby server v3.1.0 doesn't have swagger API support which is a web site that it hosts that allows you to see/test the various api features.  Luke said they mistakenly left that out and will restore soon.  That was my primary goto for API testing.  I think I have an old 3.0.x emby server vm saved off which should get me something to work with.

Edited by kwilcox

cmarques

Really, just in time  :D

I think would be nice if you can enable also the Collections made by the Emby server.

mastrmind11

Installed and works great, direct play works too!  Couple of cosmetic issues mainly dealing w/ Collections (blank box, can only highlight the top most pixels of blank box), and some of the recorded frame grabs in the browser don't scale properly.  But functionally, everything seems to work well.  Congrats on the release!

Kavalera

Bulgaria is also included. Thank you for all efforts. I have one question. Is there no support for subtitles i mean at the moment there is no possible to show any subtitles. Am I right?

Изпратено от моят LG-H815 с помощта на Tapatalk

kwilcox

For the time being, you can embed them in a mkv file using muxing software like MKVToolNix.  When screenplay uses Direct Play, the embedded subtitles will always be shown.  Next screenplay enhancement will feature "toggle subtitles" as a color button option and will work with external .srt files.

• Like 1

anderbytes

One of my TVs is webos 2.0 and it doesn't appear when i search for screenplay or emby. How can it be?

kwilcox

The only issues I've heard of is WebOS 1.0 TVs that got the WebOS2.0 "compatibility upgrade".  You can check compatibility with your browser by using the store @ br.lgappstv.com.  Highlight screenplay and choose check compatibility then log in with the same credentials you use on your TV.