screenplay for WebOS 2.0 and higher TVs

kwilcox

kwilcox

v1.1.9 with item delete capabilities and watched episode tagging has been pushed to the repo.  Previously watched episodes will now be tagged with a green checkmark.  If the logged in user has delete privileges, the garbage can selection will also appear on item screens.  Clicking that selection will launch a validation dialog with default validation set at "No".  Choosing "Yes" will delete the item.  Do not give your children delete privileges lol!  You have been warned...

I'll do some more QA over the weekend then submit on Monday.  If approved, this version of screenplay will be available for owners of WebOS1.4 and higher TVs.

• Like 2

mastrmind11

Awesome.  Nice work!  While I'm thinking of it, do you have plans to allow auto-play of next episodes?

kwilcox

.... the binge watch option: add play/resume buttons and "Next up" info to the season summary screen.  I like the idea but not sure how hard it would be to implement.  I'll have to think about that a bit.

• Like 1

deiniol39

Thanks for adding the delete function Kwilcox. Will look into changing my TV over to dev mode so I can test these functions and comment I think.. Keep up the good work..

kwilcox

Hey guys, quick update on v1.1.9 QA status.  I'm having some issues with LG staff getting screenplay into QA for WebOS v1.4 and not previous versions.  When I requested v1.4 support, first they told me this:

Dear Seller,

Hello. This is LG Smart TV Seller Lounge.

webOS TV starts from 1.0 version.
webOS 1.4 is just a software updated version of webOS 1.0, so it is basically the same webOS1.0 platform but software updated. 
If you want to publish the app from 1.4 to the latest platform, please select a 1.4.0 SDK, then your app will be published from the webOS1.4(1.0 platform using updated software) to the latest webOS TV. 

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Seller Lounge Service Team. 

So I dutifully did just as they requested and set my SDK version to 1.4.0 and submitted screenplay for QA.  Then they immediately rejected my app with this response:

This App is rejected and issue(s) need to be fixed. Previously webOS SDK version for screenplay app was 2.0.0 Please change the SDK version back to 2.0.0. -If you changed the SDK version to service your app on webOS 1.0 device, please change the SDK version to 1.0.0.

I'm getting the feeling that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing over there...

I guess that fits with the fact that they don't have an emulator image for 1.4, just the older 1.x

Very frustrating though - your efforts are as always appreciated!

confused_squirrel

Hi, I'd really love to get Emby working on my LG TV its a low-end model (LG 32 Inch 32LH604V http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-32LH604V)but it does run webOS 3.0 and is 1920x1080 however I can't see screenplay in the store and when I try and get the device compatability on the lgstore website I get 'Sorry, this app is not compatible with your device.'

Is this because my model has this issue: 'app resolution is only HD (1080x720).'?

That's correct.

That's disappointing and surprising as I would have thought this would have had 1080p apps as its a 2016 model - is it a lot of work to support this resolution?

Just wondering... Is this app support watching live TV? I connected Tvheadend server with Emby and now searching for good LG TV that support this app nicely (WebOS 3.0). Can the TV scale the ratio (16:9, best fit, etc) just like Android Emby app did so there's no black bars on both sides?

kwilcox

That's disappointing and surprising as I would have thought this would have had 1080p apps as its a 2016 model - is it a lot of work to support this resolution?

I'm not sure why LG has separate resolutions for apps and TV but I have noticed that the two resolutions tend to differ mostly (but not always) in the smaller sets.  Maybe its a cost saving measure?

Do you know what happens @@kwilcox if you try running it one of the sets that has the lower app resolution? Has anyone else actually tried it through dev mode?

kwilcox

I guess that fits with the fact that they don't have an emulator image for 1.4, just the older 1.x

Very frustrating though - your efforts are as always appreciated!

The LG team told me to document the reason why I wanted the specific version in the comments section and resubmit.  I've done that.  Let's see what happens...

• Like 1

kwilcox

yup.  Why have the selection if I can't use it????  To me, this is the precise reason why:  v1.4 isn't available on all WebOS1 TVs because its a 2.0 compatibility upgrade...

edit:

This time its in the processing que, so they accepted my rationale.  It'll take them about 2 weeks to get to it.

Edited by kwilcox

• 2 weeks later...
samhefnawy

How to set screenplay up on my LG WebOs?

Installed but asks for Server or IP, any help please?

I'm not developer just a poor user!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mastrmind11

How to set screenplay up on my LG WebOs?

Installed but asks for Server or IP, any help please?

I'm not developer just a poor user!

Um, it's asking for your Emby server's IP address.  Do you have a server set up?

samhefnawy

Um, it's asking for your Emby server's IP address. Do you have a server set up?

No I don't - how to get one? Please

mastrmind11

No I don't - how to get one? Please

I recommend taking a look at the Emby project's website https://emby.media/

I have a feeling you think screenplay is something that it's not.

• Like 1