screenplay for WebOS 2.0 and higher TVs

kwilcox

kwilcox

Installed and works great, direct play works too!  Couple of cosmetic issues mainly dealing w/ Collections (blank box, can only highlight the top most pixels of blank box), and some of the recorded frame grabs in the browser don't scale properly.  But functionally, everything seems to work well.  Congrats on the release!

Custom collections aren't supported yet.  See post 3 for details.  The blank box issue occurs on other items when there's no valid thumb image stored.  I'll call that a bug and fix things so a default image is displayed.

Edited by kwilcox

I have a new TV with WebOS2 but the app is not appearing in the store and the web checker says it is incompatible. TV details are:

Model: 24MT48S-PZS (UK version) - HD Ready 720p

webOSTV Version: 2.1.0-3149 (beehive-bighorn)

Any ideas?

Edited by Heuer

anderbytes

I have a new TV with WebOS2 but the app is not appearing in the store and the web checker says it is incompatible. TV details are:

Any ideas?

Same as mine. Probably our 2.0 are Pseudo 2.0 migrated from 1.0, not the real one.

kwilcox

Any ideas?

I believe its because your TV is not FullHD.  Screenplay needs 1920x1080 screen resolution.

anderbytes

I believe its because your TV is not FullHD.  Screenplay needs 1920x1080 screen resolution.

Mine is... and it doesn't appear, also.

Yotengrit

Okay I tried to change the location to United Kingdom in the TV`s settings and now there is a bunch new applications and media in the store but searching on Emby or Screenplay yields no results, I also tried to look it up manually in the application browser but still nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

- Thanks

kwilcox

If you can't see screenplay in your store, its most likely because because your TV doesn't meet the app requirements:

• FullHD resolution - 1920x1080 or higher
  • Your TV shipped with WebOS2.0 or higher

Check the app store for your region on a Web browser (go to www.lgappstv.com and select your region) then find the screenplay app by clicking on the "store" link and looking under new apps.  If you click on screenplay you can check compatibility with your tv by providing the credentials you use to log into LG on your TV itself. 

Capture6-vi.png

If your TV shows as not compatible you can go to displayspecifications.com, and enter your TV model number.  Once shown, does the display spec show at least 1920x1080?  Now search the page for "WebOS".  Does it show at least WebOS 2.0.?

Edited by kwilcox

I get that you wouldn't necessarily WANT to support less than FullHD, but are you saying that it's very specifically ONLY for FullHD sets? Will it not appear for anyone who's got a 4K set? I'd always assumed it would be >= FullHD

kwilcox

yes, FullHD and WebOS2.0 are minimum specs.  

For people who can't see screenplay in their app store, follow the instructions above or on post #3 of this thread.  Let me know your model number and your region if displaystats.com shows your TV as having at least WebOS2.0 and 1920x1080 resolution.

Edited by kwilcox

I get that you wouldn't necessarily WANT to support less than FullHD, but are you saying that it's very specifically ONLY for FullHD sets? Will it not appear for anyone who's got a 4K set? I'd always assumed it would be >= FullHD

I can confirm that works in 4K TVs. I'm running it in LG 43UH620V WebOS 3.0 without any issue here in Spain...

Edited by iMan

jaytea33

App has been working great on my 55UH6030 but I think my roommate is SOL for his 43LH5700.  It supports 1920 x 1080 and the OS looks very similar to webOS 3.0 but despite being a 2016 model TV, the OS just says "Smart TV" on displayspecifications and it seems like a super gimped version of webOS.  Bummer.

johnbury

@@kwilcox

As ever, loving Screenplay!  Thanks!

I have a couple of minor observations.

1. Situation:  I have restarted my PC (Emby Server platform) but have forgotten to restart Emby Server (I chose manual start as a personal preference).  When i next start Screenplay, it asks again for my Emby Server (name or IP address).  If I then restart Emby Server, I cannot get around the Screenshow request to re-enter my server details.  'Closing' (can you close an app on WebOS3?) and restarting the app doesn't re-check for my server, nor does choosing another app then going back to Screenplay.  Am I missing something?
  2. If backdrop images are missing from my TV Show folders, random backdrops from other shows are displayed... is this by design?

Cheers

kwilcox

I've seen the odd behavior of your first observation too.  Not sure what causes it; but its in the WebOS built-in AJAX routines somewhere.  It may be related to emby server restarting when the first connect attempt is made.  Your second observation is indeed by design.  screenplay throws up a random backdrop if there's nothing for the particular item.  Random backdrops happen on other screens also.  

Edited by kwilcox

johnbury

Thanks for the repl, the first is a bit of a pain, but not insurmountable. The other, it's a half decent warning that my metadata isn't complete!

Have a great Xmas, you've earnt it!

Cheers

lifenight

I have a 55lb650V-ZN, full hd of course but web os 1 :(

My tv is only two year old ... why do not cover all webos versions ? Xplay work great on this, have you any plan to port on this system ?

Edited by lifenight

My TV is 49LF5900 Full HD webOS 2.1.0-3151 (beehive-bighorn), but the app does not appear. On the page (lgappstv.com) says that my TV is not compatible. By the way, I'm from Mexico.

kwilcox

I have a 55lb650V-ZN, full hd of course but web os 1 :(

My tv is only two year old ... why do not cover all webos versions ? Xplay work great on this, have you any plan to port on this system ?

WebOS 1.0 doesn't support HLS sadly.

kwilcox

My TV is 49LF5900 Full HD webOS 2.1.0-3151 (beehive-bighorn), but the app does not appear. On the page (lgappstv.com) says that my TV is not compatible. By the way, I'm from Mexico.

Good question.  App is available in Mexico (8 downloads yesterday) and your TV appears to be compatible.  I've sent the following inquiry to LG:

I have a report from an owner in Mexico that his LG 49LF5900 (FullHD - 1920x1080, WebOS 2) was incompatible with screenplay when he checked on the lgappstv site.  For this reason, he cannot see screenplay in his app store either.  Can you tell me why this is?

I'll let you know what their reply is.

LuckyLukeX

It works on a LG 55EF950V with WebOS 2.0; Italy LG app store.

I'm waiting for the subtitles on/off feature ... I think could be a good improvement!

There's a way to also list the name of the movie while browsing?

Thanks a lot and great job!

Luke

Edited by LuckyLukeX

Are u possibly looking into providing an option to change the view to a List View with perhaps smaller posters. Kinda challenging to scroll thru the tiles with hundreds of media around.