screenplay for WebOS 2.0 and higher TVs

kwilcox

johnbury

Alternate audio track playback is on the enhancement list.  I'm going to do a survey itnf to help prioritize the next round of enhancements

Brilliant.

Thanks for the speedy and informative reply,; as ever!

Cheers

kwilcox

@@anderbytes: can you load up v1.2.1 on your HD TV and tell me if the settings screen looks like this on it:

HDsettingsscreen-vi.png

This is a Chrome browser view @ HD resolution.  Not good :(

anderbytes

@@anderbytes: can you load up v1.2.1 on your HD TV and tell me if the settings screen looks like this on it:

HDsettingsscreen-vi.png

This is a Chrome browser view @ HD resolution.  Not good :(

I'll test tonight at home. Can you remind me of the procedure? Using USB? SDK (hope not) ?

kwilcox

Sorry, LG nixed USB.  It's gotta be sdk and the developer mode app on your set.  See links on post 1 for details and a link to the the screenplay repository where v1.2.1 can be found.

Edited by kwilcox

I have a server and an app on LG's smart TV, but the application does not connect with ip

Edited by limaa

kwilcox

Your TV has to be able to reach your server on your home network.  I suspect that might be your problem.  Is the emby DLNA server available on your TV?  Another thing you can try is this: use the TVs web browser app to connect to your Emby server.  Does that connect?  If that works, post the URL you used to connect with your TVs browser.

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

I'm going to start a poll soon to help me prioritize the next round of screenplay enhancements.  Here's what's under consideration currently:

• "binge watch" option for TV series: when an episode finishes, screenplay will automatically start a countdown for the next unwatched episode.
  • Alternate Audio Track support
  • Collection Grouping support
  • Music Library support
  • Photo Library support
  • Live TV support
  • List mode option for collection detail screen (replaces index search)
  • Filter capability on collection detail screen (genre etc...)
  • collection detail screen remembers its position 
  • more relevant content on collection summary screens
  • Add "checked" button on Item detail screen to toggled watched state

What other enhancements would you like to see on this list?

Edited by kwilcox

johnbury

Hi

Alternate audio track gets my vote.

Also, if it's possible, i would like to see an unwatched episode count as in web client (shown in the clip below):

58c6a64c1b76b_unwatchedepisodes.png

And access to switches to allow a user to mark a show as watched/not watched  (i.e. via tick icon in example below)

58c6a69720f01_watchedswitch.png

If it isn't already there (and I haven't found it) can we control the order used to present general information in the early screens (i.e. the 'Recently Watched', 'Resume Watching', 'New' etc)

Typed in a hurry, so please let me know if anything needs more clarification.

Cheers

Cheers

cmarques
Hi guys, long time no see, but I'm back to bore you  ^_^

not an enhancement but a fix:

- when positioned in All Movies gallery, and go inside a movie details, when we click back to the list, we goes to the begining of the list instead of the point we was before.

this behavior is very annoying, I think the correct is to back to the same point in the gallery, since everybody certainly have a huge movie database.

Still related about the movie gallery, an enhancement would be change the horizontal scrolling to a vertical one or a vertical pagging.

what you think?

cmarques
enhancement:

- options to sort and search for content, like genre, age classification, year, added date, etc

johnbury

Hi guys, long time no see, but I'm back to bore you  ^_^

not an enhancement but a fix:

- when positioned in All Movies gallery, and go inside a movie details, when we click back to the list, we goes to the begining of the list instead of the point we was before.

this behavior is very annoying, I think the correct is to back to the same point in the gallery, since everybody certainly have a huge movie database.

Still related about the movie gallery, an enhancement would be change the horizontal scrolling to a vertical one or a vertical pagging.

what you think?

Hi

This also applies to the view within a show 'season'.  If you have finished watching an episode then 'go back' to the season view, you are taken back to the first entry for the season rather than the episode just watched.

Cheers

woozle

Out of that list, I'd also put alternative audio at the top.

I don't know if it's just me, but the TV list seems like hard work - when I first go into TV, it doesn't show me anything I'd actually use - I can't remember what it does list, but it's stuff like "recommended". What I want to see is the "continue watching" type stuff that you get in the Emby web interface, basically ways to get to the next episodes of TV shows. Or at least a set of the TV shows that I've been watching. As it stands, I have to basically skip through that level onto "All TV" and then it's just the plain alphabetical list. If there's no easy way to get things like the next episodes, then I'd prefer to be able to just jump straight to "All TV" from the top level...

johnbury

I'm really happy to be told I am being thick/dumb, but why do we need 'live tv support' in an app running on a tv?

Looking forward to learning something new. :)

Cheers

• Like 1

kwilcox

My understanding is the the main desire is to support IP TV which is essentially a live stream that can be added to Emby Server.  I'm on the fence here myself because LG may not allow screenplay to pass QA due to potential copyright issues.

Edited by kwilcox

johnbury

My understanding is the the main desire is to support IP TV which is essentially a live stream that can be added to Emby Server.  I'm on the fence here myself because LG may not allow screenplay to pass QA due to potential copyright issues.

Ah, I see.

No, not something I think I need/want

Thanks for the info though!

Cheers

Spaceboy

Well there are also a large group of people who receive their signal OTA and it's much easier to pass it through software than pass it direct to the TV.

woozle

Well there are also a large group of people who receive their signal OTA and it's much easier to pass it through software than pass it direct to the TV.

Is it that large a group really?

I'm baffled by it myself. I can't imagine how it can ever be easier to do it through software than on the TV itself, given TVs are designed to do exactly that (and certainly all WebOS TVs can) - unless by OTA you mean something different than the usual meaning...?

• Like 1

kwilcox

FWIW, my TV uses a cable connection to an antenna in my attic for live TV viewing.  This is by-the-book OTA...  I also have a HDHomerun tuner connected to a splitter off that same antenna that is configured on my Emby server.  I use that along with a subscription to Schedules Direct for DVR purposes.  Recorded shows appear in Screenplay...

Edited by kwilcox

johnbury

FWIW, my TV uses a cable connection to an antenna in my attic for live TV viewing.  This is by-the-book OTA...  I also have a HDHomerun tuner connected to a splitter off that same antenna that is configured on my Emby server.  I use that along with a subscription to Schedules Direct for DVR purposes.  Recorded shows appear in Screenplay...

Yes, that's what I would have expected, and echos my past use of EMBY (I must dig out my satellite card and see if it's compatible)

Cheers