UWP Testers

7illusions

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I don't use sync often. Is there any specific you would us to test? I ran a sync job today, original quality. It started right away so I didn't have to force it. Completed and is in my library.

7illusions

I'm currently working on improving the Offline mode, almost done, and will put 141 up on xb1

• Like 4

Hi,

Small bug, has been around for a long time. Keep forgetting about it.

Music Artists with an "&" are truncated to the first artist in the track details and the Now Playing screen. For example Bob Dylan & The Band. Shows correctly under album artists. But when you get to now playing only Bob is shown.

Now Playing Screen

581b85a2b85b6_Screenshot39.png

Album Artist.

581b864c38186_Screenshot81.png

Album Detail.

581b867578906_Screenshot80.png

The track detail, I assume is the Album Artist in this case it should be "Bob Dylan & The Band"  if you wanted to use "artists" which wouldn't be a bad idea it would be "Bob Dylan; The Band" :)

Thanks

-vicpa

edit: BTW the media transport control when you bring it up via the remote shows "Bob Dylan & The Band"

Edited by Vicpa

Hi All,

I have taken a quick look at 145 and nothing has juimped out. Will check in more detail a little later.

Awesome 7, :) 

Thanks

-vicpa

• Like 1

Hi 7

New glitch :( . A server thing maybe you can trap an error around.

Schedules Direct is/was down so the guide data is in some weird state that the app doesn't like. It displays the first two lines and then crashes. It worked fine yesterday before the last schedule refresh. So it is not specifically an app thing.

This is the error. that shows in the server log.

2016-11-05 08:25:09.1830 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager POST: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/token
2016-11-05 08:25:09.2666 Error App: Error getting programs
 *** Error Report ***
 Version: 3.0.8500.0
 Command line: C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
 Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
 Processor count: 4
 64-Bit OS: True
 64-Bit Process: True
 Program data path: C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
 Application Path: C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
 Could not authenticate with Schedules Direct Error: Server offline for maintenance.
 System.ApplicationException
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.Listings.SchedulesDirect.<GetTokenInternal>d__30.MoveNext()
 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.Listings.SchedulesDirect.<GetToken>d__27.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.Listings.SchedulesDirect.<GetProgramsAsync>d__11.MoveNext()
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetProgramsAsyncInternal>d__68.MoveNext()
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetProgramsAsync>d__66.MoveNext()

The server better fix the data when Schedules Direct is back doing it thing. So it should go away.  But one never knows. :huh: 

Maybe you can trap what ever error is causing the crash? You can test with my server.

Any help would be appreciated.

-vicpa

7illusions

The problem is that one program is reported with a enddate that is 30 minutes before the startdate. Since the guide controls width are calculated on the duration of the program, calculated by Endtime-Starttime, a negative width was acheived, which crashes the app. :(

I've added a fix for it, will be in next beta.

• Like 2

Hi All,

The bad data has rolled off the guide, so it is working fine now. Thanks for adding the fix in case it happens again. !!

• Like 1

k,

didn't know if was beta or release that came through the store. Really need a direct play announcement. Curious to see how others make out. ;) 

Would be nice to see if this corrected Crestj's issue, hopefully

Hope so, I don't use sync so is tough to test all use cases. But 7 is on it so will be better I am sure :) . The  presentation looks much better.

MrWebsmith

ill test tonight on my sp4 and then i guess i could also try on xb1... ill report back

edit:  should i test on .145 or whatever the latest is from hockeyapp?

Edited by MrWebsmith

Hi 7 , All

Looks like MS realized it needed to keep up with you 7 :) With 14965 and 145 playback is awesome, Now with direct play of Live TV, 14965 fixed DTS,DTS-HD so that it is now bitstreaming again. I saw they announced TrueHD support for the Xbone, hopefully that will come to the PC as well.

In 14965 that pesky bug with actor images seems to have disappeared as well at least so far. Must be something funky with the control.

I still have a few things on my list (LOL :D ) shuffle, playlists and such,........but maybe time for the screensaver ???

Media info (icons) on the detail screens ?

I am also still waiting for the link on the "About" screen to "Rate this app in the Store" and a "Contribution link"(really need one of these)

thanks

-vicpa

Edited by Vicpa
  • Like 1