UWP Testers

7illusions

Hi All

162 is working well for me. :) Couple of minor UI notes.

1) Default backgrounds for Playlists, Music Videos and Home Video. main views. - Display backgrounds for previous content, for example if you were looking at a movie and then clicked on playlists from the burger you would still have the movie backgrounds.

2) Ok I know this is weird. :P ..Might have even started in 160. On my htpc, large screen. fast ring 14986 machine. The text on the screen save sometimes displays incorrectly or not at all. I thought it was problems with special characters sometimes. &,", etcs. but that doesn't seem to be consistent. ... so unless the app handles the switch to larger fonts in a slightly different manner. Maybe it is some 14986 weirdness.

Anyway... maybe you could map a few more keys for the remote. I can get a list together.

-Thanks!!

-vicpa

• Like 1

FrostByte

Like how you did the new chapter selector.  Will give it a longer spin after the wife gets home with her Surface Pro

• Like 2

Hi 7

I really like the UI for chapter selection as well. What a great place for it!!. I always thought it made the detail view to busy. :) 

• Like 3

7illusions

We'll see :)  Was 167 sent to the XB1 store also?

It will be. Just need to await .165 to pass through first

• Like 1

7illusions

Hi 7

I really like the UI for chapter selection as well. What a great place for it!!. I always thought it made the detail view to busy. :)

Yeah, that's why I never added chapters before, just messed everything up..

• Like 2

FrostByte

v165 XB1 finally got pushed

Bug:  Latest Movies on the Home screen at the top you can't select movies to go to its detail screen.  I tried using the Enter button and the 'A' button and neither work using remote.  I can scroll left and right, but just can't select a movie from that section.

Also, noticed a few issues with the chapters when playing a movie but will wait until 167 comes down from the Store since you may have already fixed them

Hi 7

One thing that I keep forgetting to mention. I think it has always been this way. Can the Latest Movies on the Home Screen (carousel) only show movies from libraries that are checked to include in latest content?

For example I split out my cartoons into a separate library. They are theatrical releases so the type is movies. In preferences they are unchecked to show in latest content. The app keeps the libraries separate, but they show up in the carousel as latest.

167 has been working great for me. Haven't seen any regressions, The chapter selection seems ok with mouse and/or MCE remote.

thanks

-vicpa

• Like 1

Hi all

170 very nice :) !!!. Great place for release notes and a little holiday spirit!!!

Thanks 7

-vicpa

7illusions

I haven't had the opportunity to debug on the xb1 yet, but I will do that tomorrow.

There's also a bug in .170 where the theme is forgotten which will have to be addressed.

• Like 1

Hi 7

Add the MCE remote to Frostbyte comment about being unable to select a movie on the Home screen carousel. Seems to be the same as xbox, every works except ok.  

Hi

172 is working nicely here. Navigation with the remote is fixed in 172. :)  I have not run across any showstoppers!

Thanks 7!!

• Like 2

FrostByte

Yep, just loaded 172 from the XB1 store and am able to select movies from the top now and being able to choose chapters within the OSD is very nice.   Also, noticed a change in the supporter option.  At least now I know it went was successful

Thanks

7illusions

Awesome. I'll wait a few hours, and if no new issues are reported, I'll push this build to Store.

• Like 4

swhitmore

Hey 7. Did you ever look into using the VLC player? I love Ember but the player still has huge issues for me on the SP4. I think it's related to issues with videos on all Windows Store Video players.

Hi @@swhitmore

Can you give some examples of the player problems? I am running windows 14986 (preview release slow and fast Ring) on my NUC attached to an avr. So I  know your mileage may vary :) ​The playback is outstanding. Direct play of about everything, bitstreaming AC3,  DTS and DTS-HD, on the xbox or if you have the windows dvd app Direct play of live tv (mpeg2) as well. I don't know how much of the that has made it to the release version of windows yet, but the app is capable.

Maybe7 can do some tweaks if you are having problems in the interim?

7illusions

I stopped looking into VLC since they were having problems and I wanted to wait until they felt that it was stable enough. Maybe now is the time to look into it again as an option. :)

I'll see if I can do a proof of concept of it when I get some extra time. :)

• Like 1

swhitmore

Hi @@swhitmore

Can you give some examples of the player problems?

Thanks guys. I have a feeling it's related to the SP4. I have the same issues with the Microsoft 'Film and TV ' app. I get massive stuttering when first starting, that can last for 30-60sec (and sometimes doesn't go away).

MrWebsmith

@@swhitmore  ill try to use emby ember more on my sp4 and see what side of this fence i land on as well for comparison  my testing/helping has been dreadful lately 

Edited by MrWebsmith
  • Like 2

@@swhitmore  ill try to use emby ember more on my sp4 and see what side of this fence i land on as well for comparison  my testing/helping has been dreadful lately 

Cool, more testing that will definitely help :) . MrWebsmith, if you get a chance could you also give direct play of live tv a shot. I seem to remember you have a HdHomerun. On the SP4 you may need to have the Windows DVD app so you have the necessary codec, so that maybe a non-starter for you.

Generally Live TV works great for me, but sporadically the HomeRun defaults to Spanish as the language and  sometimes after 30 minutes or so playback just stops. Now that the server is controlling the direct stream (recent changes) I don't know if this is a server thing or app thing.

It would help if see similar, so we can ask 7 and/or the server team to try to take a look. :) 

-vcpa

MrWebsmith

I have just attemped WAN-based (im at work 40mins from my server/hdhr prime)... and it transcoded (720p 4mbit) espn-hd well... slight stutters at the beginning..could have been drives waking up or tuning the channel etc.. or the xcode getting "going".. but played well under these current circumstances..

ill do a lan-based direct test of live tonight.. as well as some movies were i can get directplay/stream 

edit: this is in the beta .173 build of ember

Edited by MrWebsmith