UWP Testers

7illusions

Vicpa

Hi

The Now Playing View Looks awesome :) 

A couple of minor things

1) can you disable the screensaver when the "Now Playing" is in full screen. I have missed seeing my artists backgrounds and would like to have the view always on. If users want the screensaver the can leave now playing in the default view. Or I guess you could make it an option in "Personalization's" 

2) Can the default behavior for Stop on the remote, Take you back to the default view and close the play bar? Stop on the screen appears to take you back to the album view. It should probably work the same as stop on the remote.

I assume that the artist displayed is the album artist ? If so maybe in a latter phase it can be changed to the track artists. I seem to recall Frostbyte made that suggestion on the old screensaver and it looked really nice.

Chapters are back :) 

Nice job 7

-vicpa 

• Like 2

Vicpa

Hi 7

Okay, I maybe having a "Senior Moment" but has the "More" button always been on the Live TV detail screen? :) Anyway it seems to wok quite nicely! As you continue down that path, Just so you know.

Ember can direct stream the native recordings from the HDHomerun :) . I guess there are two flavors depending on the model. I modified one line and added another to the Streaming Profile that work with emby recordings and regular Silicondust recordings (they use an mpg container)

{"Container":"ts","AudioCodec":"aac,ac3,eac3,mp3,mp2,pcm","VideoCodec":"h264,mpeg2video","Type":1},
{"Container":"mpg","AudioCodec":"aac,ac3,eac3,mp3,mp2,pcm","VideoCodec":"h264,mpeg2video","Type":1},

Like Live TV I guess you would need an option for the mpeg2video, or incorporate them.

Don't know if this is planned for this release, but great to know it is in the pipeline :)

-vicpa

Edited by Vicpa
  • Like 1

Vicpa

Hi All

186, Now Playing is great :) Playback is rock solid, (no regressions there!!), transitions smooth and snappy. even get default backgrounds for those artists that currently don't have any, very nice.

Remote navigation stop etc still needs some tweaks.

I think you can tell I like it :P 

-vicpa 

Vicpa

Hi All

Let's talk playback. @@FrostByte I think you have a Surface can you comment on playback? Did the new device sort your issues with audio or are they still outstanding?

7 I know some folks are having playback issues, I have a laptop on the "Preview" ring and got an cumulative update last week to 1607 14393.594 and things seem pretty good here. My HTPC is on the Fast ring and is great. The preview stuff is usually a week or so before general release. So maybe , hopefully that will help those having issues. @@swhitmore I am sure will let us know ;) 

As reported the only issue I have is with Live Tv stopping randomly but know that is secondary to general playback issues......

-vicpa

• Like 1

7illusions

Hi 7

Okay, I maybe having a "Senior Moment" but has the "More" button always been on the Live TV detail screen? :) Anyway it seems to wok quite nicely! As you continue down that path, Just so you know.

Ember can direct stream the native recordings from the HDHomerun :) . I guess there are two flavors depending on the model. I modified one line and added another to the Streaming Profile that work with emby recordings and regular Silicondust recordings (they use an mpg container)

{"Container":"ts","AudioCodec":"aac,ac3,eac3,mp3,mp2,pcm","VideoCodec":"h264,mpeg2video","Type":1},

{"Container":"mpg","AudioCodec":"aac,ac3,eac3,mp3,mp2,pcm","VideoCodec":"h264,mpeg2video","Type":1},

Like Live TV I guess you would need an option for the mpeg2video, or incorporate them.

Don't know if this is planned for this release, but great to know it is in the pipeline :)

-vicpa

Since I moved houses I no longer have a HD Homerun, I got a HD 4DC but that doesn't work in my new house.. I will need to get a Homerun Connect soon so that I can continue working on Live TV properly.

FrostByte

Hi All

Let's talk playback. @@FrostByte I think you have a Surface can you comment on playback? Did the new device sort your issues with audio or are they still outstanding?

7 I know some folks are having playback issues, I have a laptop on the "Preview" ring and got an cumulative update last week to 1607 14393.594 and things seem pretty good here. My HTPC is on the Fast ring and is great. The preview stuff is usually a week or so before general release. So maybe , hopefully that will help those having issues. @@swhitmore I am sure will let us know ;)

As reported the only issue I have is with Live Tv stopping randomly but know that is secondary to general playback issues......

-vicpa

Playback works great on my wife's Surface. 

The only playback issues I'm having right now is on the XB1.  I can't get DTS passthrough to work even when directly connected to my receiver and XB1 set to DTS bitstream.  Plus it only gives me the choice of virtual digital device on XB1 for DTS playback.  On the Surface it sees and correctly identifies the audio card.  Without DTS working the XB1 app transcodes DTS to AC3 and playback is choppy.  Playing AC3 movies on the XB1 the app is perfect

swhitmore

Ok, from what I can tell from that video, all apps that uses Media Foundation Framework as media engine has the same problem.

You weren't running Insider Preview builds right? I think that problem would go away if you did.

Anyhow, I'm still looking into making a VLC player that could be used, but I will have to see how much time I can spend on it.

Thanks for taking a look. I'm not on the preview build, but if you would like me to try it, I'll give it a go. This is actually a replacement SP4 that I've only had a few months, as my last one had touch screen issues. The original SP4 also had the same playback issues though.

Playback works great on my wife's Surface.

What model does she have? I wonder if it's different to mine. I can't figure out why mine would be affected like this.

Edit: I've just done a little more digging on the playback problem. Some people on Reddit have suggested using the stock Intel Display drivers rather than the MS ones for similar issues. I might give that a run tonight and see if that works.

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 2

MrWebsmith

lemme know on the drivers and if you get it working well, please share a link to them so i can give it a go...  im mostly remote with my surface from work, so my "bar" on getting HQ playback is lower as i havent done a lot of w10 testing with it on the home lan.

MrWebsmith

yea i have the i5/8gb/256 one im fairly pleased with it.. work bought it, so i didnt push for the higher end models

swhitmore

Mine is the SP4 i5 4GB. I didn't get a chance to test out the Intel drivers last night, but I should have some free time after work today.

FrostByte

Is there any kind of magic trick to get the app to list the receiver on the XB1 when using DTS in playback settings?  The only choice I have is a virtual audio device.  On my SP and server it sees the audio card.  Just wondering if there is something I've missed, or is virtual device normal when bit streaming DTS on a XB1 since the receiver is an external device? 

Current setup:

XB1 -> Receiver -> TV

Edited by FrostByte

7illusions

Is there any kind of magic trick to get the app to list the receiver on the XB1 when using DTS in playback settings?  The only choice I have is a virtual audio device.  On my SP and server it sees the audio card.  Just wondering if there is something I've missed, or is virtual device normal when bit streaming DTS on a XB1 since the receiver is an external device? 

Current setup:

XB1 -> Receiver -> TV

No, the XB1 doesn't expose this and doesn't allow for apps to bitstream in current state, and my intention was to hide the bitstreaming option for xb1's, but apparently I failed doing so.

​There is sometjing available in the Insider preview, but I don't know if that is for apps also.

http://www.windowscentral.com/bitstream-passthrough-available-xbox-insiders

https://www.onmsft.com/news/latest-xbox-one-insider-update-brings-bitstream-pass-through-to-the-console

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 1

swhitmore

Hve a look at this update, seems to be a good one for people with playback issues. :)

https://mspoweruser.com/windows-10-build-14393-693-now-available-users-pcs-mobile/

OMG that did it! So glad they finally fixed it. What crazy timing. I can finally use Ember now :D

Thanks!

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 3

7illusions

OMG that did it! So glad they finally fixed it. What crazy timing.

Awesome! :)

FrostByte

No, the XB1 doesn't expose this and doesn't allow for apps to bitstream in current state, and my intention was to hide the bitstreaming option for xb1's, but apparently I failed doing so.

​There is sometjing available in the Insider preview, but I don't know if that is for apps also. https://www.onmsft.com/news/latest-xbox-one-insider-update-brings-bitstream-pass-through-to-the-console

Ok, that may explain my other issue also that I'm getting no sound when selecting those options.

Thanks

swhitmore

You realise that now I'm using Ember again you're going to get a ton of suggestions :P (especially since Windows Ink is so damn awesome)

Feel free to ignore them, but here are a few I noticed tonight. I'll play with Ember a bit more when I have time this week if you would like more.

• Header text should be bold to match the clock on the far right
  • Section Header could be larger and bold. It's sometimes hard to see, especially with a light background.
  • Descenders cross the underline
  • 'Next-Up' headers need padding to match 'Latest Episodes'
  • Sometimes posters are used rather than thumbs. I think to keep the images the same size, if a thumb doesn't exist it should use a backdrop like other clients.
  • The location of this image is fine for posters, but the proportions don't match when using a episode thumbnail. It might be worth having a slightly different layout for episodes, possibly with a larger image in proportion to the text.
  • Long titles that span 2 lines push the poster up slightly and don't align with the rest of the posters.
  • I'm seeing a lot of thumb images instead of posters here.

587642ab51a46_Sketch.png

587642d549b7c_Sketch1.png

5876432da803a_Sketch2.png

58764370b7e09_Sketch4.png

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 3

swhitmore

@@swhitmore which version of the app are you running?

4.2.173 Sorry, I should have installed the beta before looking for things. I'll do that tomorrow.

FrostByte

FYI  I haven't seen an update on the XB1 since 173 even though the release notes say for XB1

Edit: sorry 183

Edited by FrostByte

7illusions

FYI  I haven't seen an update on the XB1 since 173 even though the release notes say for XB1

Edit: sorry 183

Sorry, my bad. Uploaded the package and removed the old, but forgot to actually press the "Submit to Store" button..

• Like 1

Hi 7

I will continue to check today for any pesky regressions that may have snuck in. Haven't found any yet. :)  The logo looks good there BTW

It looks like you are starting to wrap up the release, any chance you can take a look at the content exclusions for latest media on the Home view for this go round ?

One suggestion... It would be great if you pinned a read only topic in the regular forum "Release Notes" and put the current release highlights there.

-vicpa

• Like 2

CBers

One suggestion... It would be great if you pinned a read only topic in the regular forum "Release Notes" and put the current release highlights there.

+1

I'm linking to this thread in the "Emby: Latest Versions" thread.

• Like 1