UWP Testers

7illusions

FrostByte

No, actors still revert back to the placeholder image when moving mouse up from "Cast" section to the "Similar to" section

Hi,

Not sure when this crept in. The image orientation/choice on the music videos and home videos need tweaking. It looks like the poster/folder image is being shown in landscape mode.

Screen shot music videos below

57ebcf7e645ae_Screenshot38.png

Thanks!

Hi,

Gapless playback pretty cool :) I didn't think the gap was too long before, (having grown up on vinyl). The transition seems just about perfect, just enough to know it is a new track.

Awesome enhancement 7 !!

Thanks!

-vicpa 

• Like 1

FrostByte

Gapless playback pretty cool :)

I like the gapless playback for music, but was wondering if that was an option for those who may not.  I can't find anything if it is

techywarrior

7, I haven't really had much time to do testing but a couple days ago I tried playing an anime with subtitles again and it didn't detect the subtitle (MKV with internal subtitles). Works fine in Emby Theater and browser so Emby itself knows the subtitle is there. I am guessing since it's direct playing that the problem is in your detection of internal subtitles in the MKV container.

Also, is playback of recorded TV in the nearterm roadmap? It's great having the guide and live TV (I actually haven't tried live TV but I assume that works when you click on a show in the guide) but more often then not I want to watch something recorded from last night etc.

FrostByte

v138 does seem to load items faster.  I hadn't noticed a problem with photos before, but they are working (and large albums are loading quickly)

• Like 1

Hi

Music and Home videos also look nice again :) 

That "pesky" problem with cast images disappearing after scroll still seems to be an issue.

• Like 1

7illusions

That "pesky" problem with cast images disappearing after scroll still seems to be an issue.

Yes, and it pisses me off that I can't reproduce, nor figure out what's happening.

Probably a REALLY simple problem, that I'm just not seeing.

7illusions

If we disregard this error, is it ok for release? I can't find any regressions, but I'm only one user. :)

Hi,

absolutely, certainly not a showstopper.

I haven't found any hit most views, played most media types. :) 

Edited by Vicpa
  • Like 1

Hi 7

Maybe some guide weirdness has set it.? I saw this on one machine(14936) but not the other(1607), so I didn't mention it. now I see it both places. There are a lot of guide changes going on with the server don't know if that is related. Updated to v169

57ed25a47675c_Screenshot79.png

Sorry I missed it, but not really a show stopper.

-vicpa

7illusions

No, That's me.. I'm working on the guide every now and then to improve loading and navigation.. Totally forgot that I placed a debug margin in there..

• Like 2

Hi 7 and @Luke

Hi guys, doing my best to get direct play of Live TV going in ember. 7 with some tweaks I think the app should work as is. The check was failing on the number of channels for audio.

I asked Luke to add channel info, but he made a good point that they would have to be assumed based on bitrate and that may not always be accurate. No worries.

So what I have been testing is a change to streaming profile. added mpeg2video to the ts direct play profile. and change "isrequired" on the channel count to false.

Jeez I thought I was good to go... bummer.

The app fails with invalid path. That's got to be a setting somewhere right?

[ 30/09/2016 12:40:32 ][iNFO][ MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Playback.UwpPlaybackManager ][ Message: Profile: Windows 10/UWP, Path: http://192.168.1.2:5004/auto/v825, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True ]
[ 30/09/2016 12:40:33 ][iNFO][ MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.Playback.UwpPlaybackManager ][ Message: Profile: Windows 10/UWP, Path: http://localhost:8096/LiveTv/LiveStreamFiles/2c8df65e80e04237bdf6e812f46996cc/stream.ts?t=0&s=636108504246441422, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True ]

Anyway I am not quite sure what to try next. Maybe you guys can shed some light.

Thanks,

-vicpa

there is ongoing work related to timeshifting so until we have a stable release where things are solidified I would not drive yourself crazy trying to do certain things with it.

If you copy that url into vlc, will it play?

I can play the dlna stream from the HD Homerun right in MS Movies and TV :) 

Show up in file system

57eea883e324c_tuners.png

http://192.168.1.2:5004/auto/v825​ this one plays in vlc.

The localhost one I have to think about, server is on different machine. and I guess that is the proxy stream for timeshiffting.

-vicpa

Yea because I'm still not yet sure what the reported media source from the server is going to look like.

Hi Luke I understand its a work in progress, but it is in beta now and just wanting to test and provide feedback to you and 7. I am sure 7 would like to support this new timeshifting feature in ember and seems like a good time to hammer out any bugs.

-vicpa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @@Luke,@7illusions

I thought I would circle back to the Direct Play of Live TV discussion. But first a couple of disclaimers :)

1) I went down this path purely as a POC for 7 to see if ember as is would support direct play of the tv stream.

2) The how, when and even IF this functionality is implemented, I understand is really up to you guys.

3) There is a lot going on in this area and things are still in flux as we are talking about beta.

4) As a user I am just looking for the best possible media experience. Have been really enjoying the ember app in that regard. :)

So please take these comments as an objective/neutral report of what I have found.

1) Direct play of the tv stream works.

2) Adding the probe details to the stream info starting in server ver 181, breaks the ability for the app as is to determine that it can direct stream.

Further testing of the direct play could provide a consensus on quality and the user experience. Personally I think the quality is excellent, the playback starts really quickly :) 

The server dashboard reports correctly the stream is direct playing.

All really good stuff!!  Nice work Luke and 7!!

Like I said, just wanted to have a working example

Thanks!

-vicpa

• Like 1