UWP Testers

7illusions

Hi 7,

Think maybe you could do something with Album Artists display ? I have posted about it before (know it is low on the list ;) )

I added this album yesterday

582ddd34a8df7_neil.png

The app displays

582ddd681883d_Screenshot84.png

In the detail it should really be

1) Neil Young & Crazy Horse or

2) Neil Young (; / ,) Crazy Horse (a delimiter or your choice.)

1) is the Album Artist

2) is the Artists

Don't know how the data is sent but the nfo looks like

<artist>Crazy Horse</artist>
  <artist>Neil Young</artist>
  <albumartist>Neil Young & Crazy Horse</albumartist>

Thanks

-vicpa

Good suggestion @@FrostByte !!

Edited by Vicpa
  • Like 1

Hi

In 151. a small regression

Album Covers are not showing in Detail screen or now playing. Below is a detail screen.

58325e4ac7b17_Screenshot85.png

-Vicpa

• Like 1

techywarrior

Any update/progress with subtitle support? It's really annoying that I have to keep switching to the web browser any time I want to watch something that has an internal subtitle file. Emby server detects the sub titles fine and even the web browser/client can play them no problem yet Ember fails to see that subtitles even exist so I have no way to turn them on.

This seems to happen with multiple file types and multiple subtitle types (all internal though). Mostly MKV with PSG subtitles, also ASS and SASS subtitles and I think a few other containers (but can't think off the top of my head which exactly they were at this time).

Also, now that live TV is working pretty well, any chance on working on getting recorded TV working? Seems like it should be easy since it's the same as a normal library in Emby isn't it? Assuming that isn't the case though since you haven't added it yet...

7illusions

New build sorting the regression will be delivered in a few hours. Also got a image cache in place which should improve the loading even more.

Embedded subtitles.. Will need to look into that, just need to get a file that has some.

Recordings is for next update I think.

• Like 3

techywarrior

Thanks for the update 7. I PM'd you with an example video for the subtitles. That's by far my biggest issue/hinderance in using the app. Will be so nice to not have to switch apps each time I watch a movie with subtitles.

Hi 7

The regression introduced in 151 seems to fixed on the album detail page but not on the Now Playing Screen.

5833598d91056_Screenshot41.png

Haven't come across any other anomolies yet.

That pesky bug with cast members also seems to be gone. :) 

• Like 1

Hi

Another small regression "The green theme" doesn't work. Just ember. Not a big deal for me as I generally use the ember theme anyway, but thought I would let you know :) 

Hi

Another small regression "The green theme" doesn't work. Just ember. Not a big deal for me as I generally use the ember theme anyway, but thought I would let you know :)

Nevermind ;)  Seems fine in 155

techywarrior

Hm, having a hard time testing. A few appear to work but I am not seeing the menu to change the audio track or the sub title track on them.

I also tried the same file I gave you with the pgssub and it didn't work at all (but you said it seems to be working for you).

(made sure it was .155)

Will try again tomorrow if I have some time but then I am out for a few days with family and such.

Hi

156 is working really well :) .

My Now playing view is happy once again!! Thanks

The image caching is a nice improvement. Sometimes I still get a little fade in but other times it is instantaneous.

Playback continues to be awesome. Haven't seen a transcode in weeks.

Thanks

-vicpa

• Like 2

Hi 7

is 156 official ? My one supporter edition 155 hasn't updated. One of course I updated with the package. and one testing machine that is a non-supporter :P updated via the store to 156.

-vicpa

7illusions

Yes, the 156 is a quick hotfix. On the latest submission the testers remarked on a issue with a account with lesser access-level and settings. To submit the updated 8.1 app I also had to fix this.

I'll make 156 available on beta also.

FrostByte

Question:  Until a real chapter select option can be added during playback, would it be possible to add an option to display "Scenes" like in the web client somewhere.  That would work for me in the meanwhile.

FrostByte

The moving backgrounds in 162 are kind of cool, looking at the movie Pete's Dragon and a dragon started moving across my screen  :)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

7illusions

Question:  Until a real chapter select option can be added during playback, would it be possible to add an option to display "Scenes" like in the web client somewhere.  That would work for me in the meanwhile.

I'll look into a proper in-playback chapter-selection instead. :)

• Like 1

Hi

We always like refactoring. :) Just started to look, like the floating backgrounds on the screensaver a lot !! and most views. I am glad they are not on the album detail and now playing view. Hopefully that is by design and not omission. Might just be my art but almost all backgrounds for music are people and they don't float as well as others. :P 

Will continue to check.

Thanks !! wasn't expecting a new beta so soon !!!!