UWP Testers

7illusions

Vicpa

Hi @@FrostByte

What are your thoughts on disk numbers for the music screens? I was thinking "01-" track  number would be nice, and could live with the 01- even if there is only one disk if that is easier. Got a feature request in mind :) 

Vicpa

Hi 7

The performance on the guide is really nice. :)  If you are thinking about a RC the one big thing is a visual cue on the horizontal menus need something additional. The current highlight is ok on my laptop, but on the big screen not so. an underline even in white, accent color or something else would be a big help!  

FrostByte

Hi @@FrostByte

What are your thoughts on disk numbers for the music screens? I was thinking "01-" track  number would be nice, and could live with the 01- even if there is only one disk if that is easier. Got a feature request in mind :)

I sort of like how the webclient does it with "Disc X" section headers between the different discs, but open to anything really.  I have a Beethoven Masterpieces 60 disc box set and it's really hard to tell which disc you're looking at after about disc 30 or so :)

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi,

100 looks great so far. The animation on the pivot header is really nice :)  The guide is working well and considering there is real information in there not just show name puts other clients to shame..

I have a major problem with the "About Screen" however. :angry: 

57b620a19583a_Screenshot64.png

Can you tell me where it says. emby for Windows UWP by 7illusions ​you must have forgotten to replace the text "Information". Feel free to use the point size illustrated. :) 

another small typo think you meant "who" instead of "how".

Thanks 7 !!!!!!!

-vicpa

• Like 4

FrostByte

v102

Changed theme to "Next" and when I changed it back to "Emby" the backdrops on most screens still looked like "Next" theme until I closed app and restarted

Vicpa

Hi all!

104 the actors are looking good and the flyout for album details is awesome ;) Thanks!!. One/two regressions  no art in Music video and Home video lists just name and played indicator. 

will continue to go through stuff. Anything in particular we should double check?

Thanks

-vicpa

FrostByte

v104

Couple issues with Actors

1.  Clicking "Play" does nothing.  Not sure why it's there?  Would it play all movies said actor is in back-to-back?

2.  Clicking "More" within actors just brings up a gray box.

57c4ab1a525f4_Actor.jpg

7illusions

I'd say all the views.. Item types that doesn't show pictures. :)

Also, what's your thoughts on the Next Theme? And do you have a better name for it? :)

7illusions

My bad. The play button, and the more button, shouldn't be there.

Edited by 7illusions

FrostByte

For me the backdrops in Next theme are too bright on my monitor, but I sit with my face really close to the monitor so that may be part of the issue.  It may look better on my TV/XB1

Vicpa

I would agree with Frostbyte, it appears really bright. , kinda washes out the greyscale effect. I like the name Theme names need to be somewhat obscure.

57c4b167ed232_Screenshot68.png

Vicpa

Hi 7

One small thing is the line in the flyout supposed to be the highlight color ? White would also be nice. It looks like its the system color. Picky picky I know :P 

57c58a6373ad9_Screenshot69.png

Thanks!!

-vicpa

FrostByte

Did you pull the theme changer?

Also, can the Max streaming bitrate include UHD settings also?  I noticed the server doesn't have these settings either, so I wasn't sure.  I figured with the new XB1S out there would be some people with UHD TVs that would want to have settings for UHD also

FrostByte

Frostbyte,

Did it you find it in the Xbox store yet?

No, I checked and it's still not there.  Should be soon now it sounds like from the other thread

7illusions

Yes, pulled the theme for now. I will need to tweak the theme some more before primetime.

7illusions

Looking into making themes as a Extension. That would mean that other people could create their custom theme and sell or give away within the app.. Just need to figure out where to draw the line in what should be themeable and not..

• Like 3

7illusions

@@Vicpa, since you use the Guide.. Which version do you prefer, 107 or 109?
​109 loads faster, but 107 could give the impression of loading faster..

Vicpa

Hi 7

I would go with 107. Both are pretty fast. 107 gives a little nicer visual experience.

• Like 1

7illusions

So, .111 is ready for testing. Please see if you find any stoppers, if not it will be submitted to Store tomorrow. :)

• Like 3

CBers

So, .111 is ready for testing. Please see if you find any stoppers, if not it will be submitted to Store tomorrow. :)

Question: When you publish to the store, is that an amalgamated Store for all Windows UWP apps, including the Xbox One?

• Like 1

7illusions

Yes, it goes out to all Windows10 devices that I've opted into, including xb1 and Hololens.

This last submission was a little different and took a little extra time since I added xb1, now that it's added upcoming certifications should be fast again.

• Like 3

SikSlayer

One issue I've noticed after being away for a week is that, at least on Windows 10 Mobile, the list of TV series I have has went from banners, to posters. On mobile, banners, are better IMO, but I understand that some folks might want posters, or banners, thumbs, or landscape images, etc.

Is there a plan to add different views in the near future?