Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes

Guardian Hope

Guardian Hope

And the flickering issue?

Should i delete the whole installation and reinstal it from the repo? Would this help?

Greetz Stealth

I would just wait for the Summer 2016 Update scheduled for release on June 18, 2016. The reason I say this is that somehow the last update to From Ashes got released in a way that each release channel has something changed that the other one does not. Since the Summer 2016 Update is on one unifying working branch with no time-constraints, this has been corrected.

And if you want to make the bump up to Krypton, the Summer 2016 Update will be the first working version on Krypton.

In about a day I get my Raspberry Pi 3 (I chose UPS Next Day Air) so it may also finally feature a fix for rPi 3 - at least on OSMC.

• Like 1

laststar

hello Guardian. 

Skins looking great as always. I've come across a small issue where my default progress bar often reverts back to bright pink in colour even after its been set to blue. It doesn't happen all the time but sometimes when i boot kodi up its gone back to pink.

Any ideas?

Guardian Hope

hello Guardian. 

Skins looking great as always. I've come across a small issue where my default progress bar often reverts back to bright pink in colour even after its been set to blue. It doesn't happen all the time but sometimes when i boot kodi up its gone back to pink.

Any ideas?

Addressed in the Summer 2016 Update. If you have any problems after its release, do let me know and I will look further into it.

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes ("Spring 2016 Update Rollup Patch Level 2 (PL2)")
3.2.12 (dormer) / JARVIS ONLY RELEASE

The Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes "Spring 2016 Update Rollup Patch Level 2 (PL2)" update addresses an issue where the refresh button would not display on movies as well as corrects the syntax used for displaying the refresh button. Please thank Rubicon99 on the Kodi forums for the expedited correction. This update also addresses an issue where a release version would be displayed with the "debug flag" set to "True."

Available in the Emby Beta Repo
No corresponding GitHub Release Available

The fix included in Patch Level 2 has already been slipstreamed to the 3.2.20 and 4.2.20 releases. For users of Krypton, the 4.2.20 release will address this issue as well as the the inability to enable the skin. Due to how quickly this fix was released, there is no corresponding 3.2.12 GitHub source code. You may browse the changes on GitHub at commit https://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes/commit/0d9b812a20f7d221507ccdebd8911a769c175683 for Jarvis (Dormer) and https://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes/commit/d30c3eba5ad1c1388934b4597d631aea015817cb for Krypton (Danvers).

Changelog:

[B]3.2.12 (3.2.12_bsrelease01) - "From Ashes Spring 2016 Update Rollup Patch Level 2 (PL2)"[/B]
JARVIS ONLY UPDATE
Fixed Refresh Button
Fixed False Debug Setting in "About From Ashes"
  • Like 1

yukes33

Hello,

First, thank you for this great skin. I am using it since last week and I love it !!!

I only have one issue : The skin is installed on an Openelec distribution, on a NUC machine (with Celeron CPU). Every time there is more than 15 minutes (approximately) after the last time I shut down the NUC when I boot it, the screen is frozen on “Arctic Zephyr : From Ashes” right before the Home Menu comes up.

So I have to make a hard reboot, pushing the power button several seconds, to shut down the NUC and pushing it again to boot it… And then the NUC boot as it should.

That means that almost every time I need to watch something, I have to boot the NUC and make a hard reboot of it (because the last time the NUC was ON was several hours before). Not the worst thing but pretty annoying !

I saw in different threads the problems with the Pi but I don’t think that this is related. Skins like Confluence or Aeon Nox don’t have this issue so I guess it comes from this skin or something that it calls.

If you have a clue on how to resolve it or need anything to help figuring that out, just let me know ;)

Guardian Hope

Hello,

First, thank you for this great skin. I am using it since last week and I love it !!!

I only have one issue : The skin is installed on an Openelec distribution, on a NUC machine (with Celeron CPU). Every time there is more than 15 minutes (approximately) after the last time I shut down the NUC when I boot it, the screen is frozen on “Arctic Zephyr : From Ashes” right before the Home Menu comes up.

So I have to make a hard reboot, pushing the power button several seconds, to shut down the NUC and pushing it again to boot it… And then the NUC boot as it should.

That means that almost every time I need to watch something, I have to boot the NUC and make a hard reboot of it (because the last time the NUC was ON was several hours before). Not the worst thing but pretty annoying !

I saw in different threads the problems with the Pi but I don’t think that this is related. Skins like Confluence or Aeon Nox don’t have this issue so I guess it comes from this skin or something that it calls.

If you have a clue on how to resolve it or need anything to help figuring that out, just let me know ;)

@@yukes33

This is the first time a non-ARM based platform has reported such an issue. People do run this on NUCs so this is indeed a bit out of the ordinary. However, the fact that it seems correctable might mean we are just looking at an issue which can easily be resolved.

There are a few things you can do to help us narrow down the issue and whether or not it's related to the issue with the Pi in the case of OpenELEC as we'll need to know this if we have to contact them since x86_x64 platforms are 100% supported by AZ:FA.

1) First, set Kodi to "Debug Level Logging," then reboot the system.

2) When you get stuck at "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes" Hard Reboot the System.

3) SSH into the NUC and copy the /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log AND kodi.old.log to your computer

4) While still SSH'd into the NUC, copy the entire /var/logs directory to your computer

5) Zip them up and upload them to your favorite cloud drive: Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.

6) Link off to it here

Please note: /var/log and the Kodi log file contain important pieces of information but they will also include the username your system is using. This usually doesn't matter with something like OpenELEC which uses a single username that's already published but I feel that this is important information you should know. The Kodi logs contain only information about Kodi while the /var/logs directory contains information on activity happening throughout the system. Again, since OpenELEC uses a single username, nothing identifiable can really be obtained but I have put this disclaimer here so that you know what these files and directory contain.

While I am uncertain as to why you would opt for OpenELEC on a NUC which is powerful enough to run real Linux and even Windows, we should hopefully be able to get to the bottom of this fairly quickly.

yukes33

@@yukes33

This is the first time a non-ARM based platform has reported such an issue. People do run this on NUCs so this is indeed a bit out of the ordinary. However, the fact that it seems correctable might mean we are just looking at an issue which can easily be resolved.

There are a few things you can do to help us narrow down the issue and whether or not it's related to the issue with the Pi in the case of OpenELEC as we'll need to know this if we have to contact them since x86_x64 platforms are 100% supported by AZ:FA.

1) First, set Kodi to "Debug Level Logging," then reboot the system.

2) When you get stuck at "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes" Hard Reboot the System.

3) SSH into the NUC and copy the /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log AND kodi.old.log to your computer

4) While still SSH'd into the NUC, copy the entire /var/logs directory to your computer

5) Zip them up and upload them to your favorite cloud drive: Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.

6) Link off to it here

Please note: /var/log and the Kodi log file contain important pieces of information but they will also include the username your system is using. This usually doesn't matter with something like OpenELEC which uses a single username that's already published but I feel that this is important information you should know. The Kodi logs contain only information about Kodi while the /var/logs directory contains information on activity happening throughout the system. Again, since OpenELEC uses a single username, nothing identifiable can really be obtained but I have put this disclaimer here so that you know what these files and directory contain.

While I am uncertain as to why you would opt for OpenELEC on a NUC which is powerful enough to run real Linux and even Windows, we should hopefully be able to get to the bottom of this fairly quickly.

Hello again, 

I was away from home because of work. Seeing your post made me think about the reason of the problem so I reset everything on my NUC, including a BIOS update and complete new OpenElec install. The theme is now working fine and the boot is completely normal so I guess it came from my install and not your theme (even though I didn't have this issue with other themes but it's ok now). 

Thanks for your help. I will know the procedure if something happen ;)

I noticed a few issues but nothing serious, I can totally live with that :

- I created two playlists for last unseen movies and for last unseen tv shows sorted by date of release in Kodi. I linked these playlists in the Home menu (the movie playlist for the movie menu and tv shows playlist for the tv shows menu).

The TV show widget is correctly sorted (by date) while the movie playlist is sorted alphabetically (instead of by date). This is odd because it worked in my old install. The movie playlist is fine when I look into it but not into the movie widget.

- I can't see the language and sub flag when I look in the Info panel. It was the same in my old install. I didn't find any settings for this so maybe it's an add-on I don't have. I use the Emby add-on for my movies and shows.

Thanks again for your help and your work on the skin. These little things are not really important so if I are focused on the next release (you talked about the 18th) are anything else, it's totally OK.

Have a nice week-end

Guardian Hope

For those brave few... the wastelands await. It may not be pretty and I haven't even tested it yet (the VM I have running Krypton is updating) but I did push the change for DialogConfirm.xml. Just be aware that there are many changes still to be made for the Danvers version for the Summer 2016 Update and only a few left for Jarvis.

Please Provide Debug Logs and Images Your Encounter with Krypton if You Pull it From GitHub

Do Note: AZ:FA Anniversary Edition (Codenamed "Danvers") does not use "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes" as its namespace. The internal folder from the zip you download from GitHub needs to be named "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes.danvers" for it to work.

NLUDYna.png

Guardian Hope

Update for Users Regarding OSMC, OpenELEC, and LibreELEC

As of the current and any future release, LibreELEC will not be supported in any single way. This includes bugs or enhancements in regards to the user experience on LibreELEC. Anyone using LibreELEC should migrate to OSMC or OpenELEC. Please note that we prefer users on ARM platforms like the Raspberry Pi to use OSMC but the choice between OSMC and OpenELEC is yours to make.Usage of this skin on the LibreELEC device makes up under 3,000 users. We recommend OSMC for better support from both them regarding their platform and from us regarding the skin. We will also append this notice into the next version of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes as a temporary popup with a disable button within the skin's settings.

Essentially what you are being told is: use LibreELEC and you're on your own.

This decision was made after interacting with their fairly unprofessional staff and will continue to stand permanently. See the attached image:

"Exhibit A: Report a Bug on LibreELEC and You Get 'Forum Troll' Status"
jc8E2le.png?1

If you have any concerns or questions about transitioning to OSMC or OpenELEC, you are welcomed to post them here.

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes "Summer 2016 Update" will be available on or shortly after 6/30/2016 if everything continues as planned.

cshaun
I also had errors trying to install from the Emby Repo. Had to manually unzip to plugins folder.

The default colors seem messed up, a shocking pink color used in places. Changed some of the colors and looks much better, was but quite off putting though.

I quite like the skin, was my first choice, but have tried quite a number now. Mimic seems a bit more polished.

Quite a few of the views in AZ:FA just not usable in my opinion. (Might largely be colors again, few places and menus where you can't read text.)

Also my "Disable widget until pressing up" is greyed out - really want this option...

Guardian Hope

I also had errors trying to install from the Emby Repo. Had to manually unzip to plugins folder.

The default colors seem messed up, a shocking pink color used in places. Changed some of the colors and looks much better, was but quite off putting though.

I quite like the skin, was my first choice, but have tried quite a number now. Mimic seems a bit more polished.
Quite a few of the views in AZ:FA just not usable in my opinion. (Might largely be colors again, few places and menus where you can't read text.)

Also my "Disable widget until pressing up" is greyed out - really want this option...

I wasn't sure how to respond when you are literally complaining about the colors of one of the most color customizable skins that is current out there. There is literally a color selector for every type of color in the skin so the pink which would take all of two seconds to change was never changed because a user can pick and choose the colors they wanted. It doesn't have to be AZ:E (Default) or AZ:FA (Dark with Light Dialogs). However, there is no "light colored" option by defaults and most of the textures are designed around the skin being dark.

With that said, best of luck with Mimic :)

Guardian Hope
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
Summer 2016 Update (3.2.20 - Dormer / Kodi 16 Jarvis)

The time has finally come to put Kodi 16 Jarvis and Dormer line to slumber. It is my pleasure to announce the final release of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes for Kodi 16 Jarvis. With this move, all effort can be put forth to the Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers Preview) for Krypton which promises to bring new and enhanced features as well as the quite requested official site that will give you a complete in-depth on what's what. As stated in my above post, due to unforeseen zip file issues, the Krypton version has been delayed but that doesn't mean the final release for Jarvis has to be.

Release Channels

Enterprise CDN: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/do...3.2.20.zip
GitHub: https://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arc...3%2C2%2C20

Changelog:

Rotten Tomatoes Has Been Added to the Video Information Screen
Fixes to Broken Code Lines During 3rd Gen Color Enhancement Implementation
Danvers ONLY: Adds "DialogConfirm.xml"
New Textures Have Been Added
Unused Textures Have Been Removed
4th Generation Color Enhancer Has Been Added
Ability to change Dialog Menu Background
Ability to change Dialog Menu Text
Ability to change Dialog Disabled Text
Ability to change Dialog Buttons Highlight
Ability to change Hubs Menu Highlight
Ability to change Hubs Text Color Highlight
Ability to change Hubs Widget Highlight Border
Ability to change Hubs Widget Sublabel
Ability to change Side Blade Menu Highlight Color
Implemented new Busy Spinner into all applicable windows
Fixed File Browser not displaying Folder and File Icons properly
Changed "script.toolbox" to "script.skinhelper" for Backup and Restore in Skin Settings.
Added new Color Themes Category in Skin Settings, With Ability to Create and Manage Custom Themes
Added Ability to Select Day/Night Themes

Final Remarks: Centralizing Repositories

Here's a question I have been wondering in recent days. We all know that Kodi does not give anywhere near the attention that great skin mods (and there are many of them) that they deserve. Would anyone be interested in seeing a centralized curated repository of these skin mods from all the different skins? I know some have been using GitHub but let's face it, a repo for every skin is so tedious. Just an idea I had and wanted to throw it out there to see if others were interested.

The Other Final Remarks

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers Preview) is currently delayed due to problems with Krypton not being able to read the Addon XML - Alpha 1 (4.0.20) should be released once we clear that up. Remember, everything is still really rough around the edges (thus the whole Alpha 1 designation).

Posted from the Kodi Forum post on the 3.2.20 Release.

radu.pal

I received the new update to 3.2.20 and it seems that the background from the home menu items is lower than before and when activating the menu icons, it looks like this:

63afdd85af709e6e0e8c80f156ad8b33.jpg

Even when the icons are not activated, the menu items placement looks unnatural.

I'm using Kodi 16.1 through OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guardian Hope

I received the new update to 3.2.20 and it seems that the background from the home menu items is lower than before and when activating the menu icons, it looks like this:

63afdd85af709e6e0e8c80f156ad8b33.jpg

Even when the icons are not activated, the menu items placement looks unnatural.

I'm using Kodi 16.1 through OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

@@radu.pal

You are correct in the adjustment of the bars on the home screen. They were lowered to accommodate a request for more screen space and I did not take into account two items: icons and weather (both are out of alignment). When they are disabled, they have a sleeker modern look at the upper edge.

It seems AZ:FA will be getting one more Jarvis update to address these issues: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Summer 2016 Update Rollup Patch Level (PL1).

The fix will be slipstreamed from the Krypton development branch. Please note that due to extenuating circumstances, it may be several weeks before the update to fix this is released!

:)

Guest petwri

Is this skin supposed to display music artwork downloaded by emby? Because i can't see any fanart or discart, although they're in the music folder where emby should put them.

Guardian Hope
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Dormer)
"Summer 2016 Update Rollup Patch Level 1 (PL1)"
3.2.21_dormer

After the multitude of changes to the code with the From Ashes Summer 2016 Update which apparently broke a lot of things, the From Ashes Summer 2016 Update Rollup Patch Level 1 (PL1) update for the Dormer branch aims to rectify these issues for Kodi Jarvis users.

These updates will be slipstreamed into the Alpha 1 release of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers Preview) for Krypton when it is released later this month.

Release Channels
Available on GitHubhttps://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arc...ree/dormer
Available via the NortheBridge Enterprise CDNhttps://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/do...3.2.21.zip

Changelog

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes "Summer 2016 Update Rollup Patch Level 1 (PL1)" - Released July 17, 2016
Dormer: 3.2.21 (3.2.20_dormer) / Danvers: No Danvers Variant

Resolved Color Selection Issues for 4th Generation Color Enhancer
Resolve Home Screen Fanart Slideshow Issues Introduced in 3.2.20
Code for Rebase of Danvers Branch (4.0.20-alpha1)

The README was also updated.

Question for Everyone: Would you prefer the continued "Long Term Support" of the Jarvis branch (i.e. fixing bugs) which in certain circumstances takes time away from Krypton or would you prefer all effort diverted to Krypton so the Alpha 1 version of this skin can be released ASAP?

Edited by Guardian Hope

Guardian Hope

Is this skin supposed to display music artwork downloaded by emby? Because i can't see any fanart or discart, although they're in the music folder where emby should put them.

Music hasn't been touched since AZ:E (I never use Kodi for Music - that's what iTunes and iCloud and Apple this and that are for in my eyes).

Everything is scheduled to have an overhaul with AZ:FA on Krypton (the Danvers Preview) so if it's not working, it will be fixed in time for the Autumn 2016 Update :).

Guest petwri

Music hasn't been touched since AZ:E (I never use Kodi for Music - that's what iTunes and iCloud and Apple this and that are for in my eyes).

Everything is scheduled to have an overhaul with AZ:FA on Krypton (the Danvers Preview) so if it's not working, it will be fixed in time for the Autumn 2016 Update :).

Good to know, so I can expect to get unlimited awesomeness from this already great skin.
  • Like 1

Guardian Hope

Good to know, so I can expect to get unlimited awesomeness from this already great skin.

Indeed you should :). Juggling my move and so many other things, I haven't had the chance to add the missing dialogues for the Danvers Preview Alpha 1 release so that the skin will startup.

Hopefully will get the time soon but it will be super rough around the edges while we work our way to unlimited awesomeness :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
quantum.hero

Hi

Just came across this skin version and it looks amazing. Nice work!

This may have been covered previously, but didn't see anything. It seems this skin isn't used with the mouse as far as I can tell. Is it possible to add in the missing files in pointer.xml? Could have it as an option that's off by default if the pointer isn't desired? I have got around it by changing out the pointer.xml file and having the pointer in a folder in the userdata folder. That works fine, but will have to be done whenever the skin updates, I'm assuming (since I haven't updated this skin yet). Forgive my ignorance.

Thanks

post-147436-0-63064700-1469794751_thumb.png

Pointer.xml

chiefnerd

HIdeho- love the skin so well done on the hard work and I've been using it for quite a while but found an issue on the current version whereby with the homescreen widgets (new Movies, New Episodes, Recent Movies, Recent Episodes) it's not showing the movie or episode description, it's displaying the Title and artwork fine just not the description. I've tried a few settings but can't get it to change. This is with the latest version of Emby Server, Emby for Kodi Plugin and your Skin and this is on a Win 7 machine running Kodi 16.1 if that helps. It's no major issue it's just one of those things I'm left scratching my head about lol

Forgot to add that Watched Items automatically disappear from the widget, is there a way to turn that off? I don't remember it happening before? Not sure if it's Emby doing it or a setting in the Skin but I couldn't find a setting for either.

Edited by chiefnerd

Guardian Hope
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers Preview) Alpha 1
"Summer 2016 Update" - 'The Girl of Steel Finally Arrives... sort of'

The Girl of Steel is finally here... well, sort of; we're still working on the cape! This is the first release of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes for Kodi 17 Krypton. A lot of the credit should go to @ for this one; he's worked super hard - otherwise this wouldn't be out for another month. Essentially, this is the Summer 2016 Update except this time for Krypton as part of the Danvers Preview promised so long ago. Do note that certain features have been temporarily disabled or are currently not working and you are also looking at a lot of dialogs which I am told are still undergoing refinement. However, for an Alpha, it's a good start.

We've also changed the way you get the addon to give you access to the Enterprise CDN's fast delivery speed with a carefully crafted new repository which I at least plan to expand to include some other skin modifications in the future since Team Kodi decided to declare all out war on Skin Modifications (as a side effect) of adding the requirement to enable "unknown sources" to even install skin mods or ironically - repositories. To get started, simply download the NortheBridge by Design Repository herehttps://embycdn.northebridge.com/Victori...1.0.00.zip

It currently features:
  • Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers Preview)
  • Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes UI Audio Suite
  • Emby Repository for Kodi

To ensure the security and safety of Kodi users, my idea is to run it a little bit more like the Apple App Store than Google Play. Any Skin Modification (or addon) submitted will undergo vigorous testing for safety and it will be ensured that it does comply with the no-piracy rule. Even updates will have to be submitted. Why? Piracy and certain other addons harm Kodi but at the same time there needs to be a balance and scaring people with that warning that comes up when you click "enable unknown sources" is not balance. Right now, I say PM me here if you are interested (your addon will be delivered via the Verizon Enterprise Anycast Edge Network - 100% free) but I intend to make an application process.

Anyways, the skin is still available the old fashioned Enterprise CDN direct download wayhttps://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/da...alpha1.zip
It is also available in the Emby Beta Repo.
Finally, it is also available on GitHubhttps://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arc....20-alpha1

As a special surprise, we have begun working on a requested "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes" website which is in the early stages of development: https://northebridge.com/systems/oss/kodi/fromashes but once completed should provide you an easy to use resource for this feature rich skin and answer a lot of the "how do I do X" questions. It probably won't be fully ready until closer to the end of the Danvers Preview and Krypton's release.

Now to the bugs. There's probably a few more than what's listed here (or a lot more) but this is what's been tested and encountered so far.

Known Issues

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers Preview) may not redraw the "addon" dialog during its installation. To fix this, simply press escape. Another way to fix this issue is to press "\" to put Kodi into windowed mode temporarily and press "\" to have it go back to full screen.

[CRITICAL] Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers Preview) may not be usable for some users with the skin constantly throwing service issues. You will not be able to browse for any media or watch any media but the widget slideshow that shows what's new and what you have been watching in your library functions normally. This may be related to the Emby addon which is currently not compatible with Krypton so if you encounter this issue please also let us know whether you are running Emby and if you are not encountering the issue, same deal: OS and whether you are running Emby.

Changelog:

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers "Summer 2016 Update" - Released August 1, 2016
Danvers: 4.2.20-alpha1 (4.2.20-alpha1_danvers)

ARCTIC ZEPHYR: FROM ASHES ANNIVERSARY EDITION (CODENAMED "DANVERS") IS PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE DESIGNED FOR A PRE-RELEASE VERSION OF KODI.
THERE IS NO GUARNTEE THAT ALL FEATURES WILL WORK. PLEASE LET US KNOW OF ANY ISSUES YOU RUN INTO. THIS SKIN IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE 
NORTHEBRIDGE BY DESIGN(R) REPOSITORY, EMBY BETA REPOSITORY, GITHUB, OR VIA DIRECT ZIP FILE DOWNLOAD ONLY.

"About From Ashes" has been updated with new credits which were missing in the "Spring 2016 Update"
Info Banner Code Has Been Completely Commented Out
Rotten Tomatoes Has Been Added to the Video Information Screen
Fixes to Broken Code Lines During 3rd Gen Color Enhancement Implementation
Adds all Krypton Dialogs
New Textures Have Been Added
Unused Textures Have Been Removed
4th Generation Color Enhancer Has Been Added
Ability to change Dialog Menu Background
Ability to change Dialog Menu Text
Ability to change Dialog Disabled Text
Ability to change Dialog Buttons Highlight
Ability to change Hubs Menu Highlight
Ability to change Hubs Text Color Highlight
Ability to change Hubs Widget Highlight Border
Ability to change Hubs Widget Sublabel
Ability to change Side Blade Menu Highlight Color
Implemented new Busy Spinner into all applicable windows
Fixed File Browser not displaying Folder and File Icons properly
Changed "script.toolbox" to "script.skinhelper" for Backup and Restore in Skin Settings.
Added new Color Themes Category in Skin Settings, With Ability to Create and Manage Custom Themes
Added Ability to Select Day/Night Themes
Finally, again, I can't stress this enough, give a lot of thanks to @ who has been putting 200% effort into this. At this point, AZ:FA can't be done without him and in the next release I feel he has earned the title "Co-Author" instead of "Executive Contributor" (unless he likes "Executive Contributor.").

For those who have posted questions about the current Jarvis release (Dormer), I will get to them in the coming week.

This post was directly cross-posted with the Kodi forums. It may be found here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257970&pid=2385135#pid2385135

Guardian Hope

I keep forgetting to update the Emby forums with updates. We have isolated the issue causing AZ:FA to not work on Kodi Krypton and an update should be released today or tomorrow to resolve the issue.

Please expect Danvers Preview Alpha 2 in that time frame.

Guardian Hope
yeuXuMY.jpg
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers Preview) - Alpha 2
"Alpha 2 - We Fixed the Cape, We Hope

So, we fixed the cape... I hope, in this Girl of Steel release of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers Preview). Alpha 2 should bring a working and usable version of the Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes experience to Kodi Krypton for the first time in forever. There'll be magic, there'll be fun! Sorry, I couldn't resist angel.png.

For those of you using the newly minted NortheBridge by Design® Repository which is your express route to the Enterprise CDN within Kodi itself: you should start being updated soon. The same for those who use the Emby Beta Repository.

If you would like to get the zip, it's available at https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/danvers/4.2.20/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes.danvers-4.2.20-alpha2.zip while on GitHub at https://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes/releases/tag/4.2.20-alpha2

If you haven't heard, we created our own repository and have plans for it. Right now it just hosts what is needed to support AZ:FA and since it's part of the Verizon Anycast Enterprise CDN Network, it's just as blazing fast to use as getting the zip standalone. You can download and install the repo from https://embycdn.northebridge.com/Victorious/repository.northebridge.by.design.kodi-1.0.00.zip - oh, and did we mention the repo will self update too?

Although Krypton has started as a bumpy ride for From Ashes, it is gearing up to be the best experience of any Arctic Zephyr skin in the Arctic Zephyr: Exploded family.

Changelog:

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers "Alpha 2 Preview Update" - Released August 3, 2016
Danvers: 4.2.20-alpha2 (4.2.20-alpha2_danvers)

ARCTIC ZEPHYR: FROM ASHES ANNIVERSARY EDITION (CODENAMED "DANVERS") IS PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE DESIGNED FOR A PRE-RELEASE VERSION OF KODI.
THERE IS NO GUARNTEE THAT ALL FEATURES WILL WORK. PLEASE LET US KNOW OF ANY ISSUES YOU RUN INTO. THIS SKIN IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE 
NORTHEBRIDGE BY DESIGN(R) REPOSITORY, EMBY BETA REPOSITORY, GITHUB, OR VIA DIRECT ZIP FILE DOWNLOAD ONLY.

Fixed Krypton Runtime Issues
Updated Skin Textures With New Krypton Textures
Reverted Redefined Contexts for Includes Contexts
Fixed Startup Splash to Use Kodi's Addon Version Call Rather than "4.0.20"
Fixed the "Danvers Preview" Prompt to Only Display On Kodi Startup
Updated "About From Ashes" to label @[member="minus0"] as "Co-Author" and updated Plugin Information calls
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guardian Hope

Just a general heads up for everyone: your Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes will be updating within the next 24 hours from 4.2.20-alpha2 to 4.2.20-alpha3.

I will post release notes and a plethora of screenshots tonight.

Alpha 3 contains some general fixes for Krypton.